English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 21 February 2012, 01:00   #1
Leandro Jardim

Clipboard memory leak

Its a problem very difficult to describe and replicate like all memory related errors are...

But when I enable the clipboard sharing, for some reason on 2.4, the memory of my configuration decreases very much after Workbench terminates to boot.

Another problem related to this, and to see this is not a problem of patches, is that when I boot direct to a CLI window with the Early Setup, the speed of the appearing of the window and the update of the cursor is very slow.

I have seen this problem on previous versions too, but before I could not find any reason for this problem. To be true for you Toni, even now the reason is uncertain, I only toggled some checkboxes and it happened again.

I know this is very strange... I use the latest VirusZ + VirusChecker + Safe + CheckX to check for viruses and none were reported.

My configuration is: EC020 + AGA Chipset Cycle-Exact + Workbench 3.1 + 4 MB.

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 21 February 2012 at 22:05.
Old 21 February 2012, 08:08   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

If you have text or image in Windows clipboard when WinUAE starts gets transferred to Amiga side. It can easily allocate lots of memory if you have big clipboard data..
Old 21 February 2012, 21:48   #3
Leandro Jardim

Quote:
If you have text or image in Windows clipboard when WinUAE starts gets transferred to Amiga side. It can easily allocate lots of memory if you have big clipboard data..
Yes, its true. I will check this and later if I see something wrong, I will reply to you.

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 21 February 2012 at 22:04.