English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CARE

Old 04 June 2006, 23:15   #21
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Master
just cant belive they/u stopped shorely the programer caried on for there own interest/curiosity it scrolls nicely is there any source available
sonic attack? anyone been listing to hawkwind
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=247478&postcount=19 that is a reply in THIS thread from the author of sonic attack
Old 06 June 2006, 14:38   #22
The Master

Thumbs down

[
Pull in the punters

the retro amiga gamer w/could like to see projects/conversion for his machine of choice persuadeing the people with the know how should be a laugh, but if there is anyonelse out there with interest,ideas and suggestions Please keep filling this thread!!!
Keep it Posotive - i enjoy reading Posotive discussion

ok ive sent message to "Ray Norrish" fingers crossed
hopeing an for an expansion

Reply from "Ray Norrish"
Hi,
Well, it would be quite an serious undertaking to turn this into a full
blown game - one for which I really wouldn't have the time for. I think I`d
have to get several thousand requests to make me want to do this

you well heard man the :

Thank You for your reply Ray:

the supposed demo engine below is the demo done by Ray Norrish as a joke and im hopeing that this demo may get an update

Last edited by The Master; 27 June 2006 at 12:37.

Old 06 June 2006, 18:03   #23
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
There is a Sonic engine demo. I am sure it is old news, but I put it in the zone anyway.
Attachment 11282

Last edited by DDNI; 09 November 2009 at 20:09.
Old 06 June 2006, 19:24   #24
z00mba

That's supposed to be Sonic's engine? It looks like a demo how to rip graphics, not code, to me. =)
Old 06 June 2006, 19:27   #25
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Yup I thought so too but the site http://amigos.amiga.hu/ancientoys/s.html say this

"It's only a DEMO engine, not playable. Just to show, that Amiga can run Sonic easily. Very fast, and looks like almost the original game. What a shame, that the full game was not ported... "
Old 06 June 2006, 21:37   #26
Ray Norrish

I seem to find myself in deja vu again (having explained all this some time ago.)

This is a hidden credit part on a 4 disk music demo. The music demo was called "sonic attack" made by dcs god knows how long ago.

The music demo (being called "sonic attack" and all) featured the erstwhile character himself throughout. There were dozens of animated sprite frames of the main character made for one of the parts (the mix-e-loader I think) and at some point one of the musicians on the project had knocked up some of the sonic game tunes.

While I was waiting for graphics/music or whatever (as invariably happens with these things) I spent a little time making a spoof game of sonic, with the idea of including it somewhere in the demo as a hidden part. It seems that making it boot up from disk4 was a bad idea, because it seems to have separated itself from the main product and took over a life of it's own. One thing that is interesting is that it's percieved as some kind of "game engine" which is definately not the case.

The graphics are NOT tile based. Each layer is one large scrolled image. OK, so you can control the character with the joystick and do some stuff, but a game it isn't. It looks nice, sounds nice.. it's a spoof.

That's all I`ve need to say on the matter I hope - there's at least one other similar thread on here - and I think putting the thing back in context is important, as it now appears I`m responsible for perpetrating some lame-ass "game" when this wasn`t the purpose or intention at all.
Old 07 June 2006, 00:33   #27
DDNI
Targ Explorer

boom boom thats that then
Old 07 June 2006, 05:17   #28
LocalH
Amiga user since 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Norrish
It seems that making it boot up from disk4 was a bad idea, because it seems to have separated itself from the main product and took over a life of it's own.
Well, it was also good for me - as I was digging around in the disk image, I saw some ASCII art for "Sonic Attack", which led me to grab the whole music collection. I especially like the mix-e-load.

The only reason I called it an "engine" was because I hadn't dug under the hood to see exactly what it could do. I figured it wasn't that full-featured from the start, however.
Old 12 June 2006, 11:06   #29
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002
Yeah i must agree that the Amiga hardly needs to have Sonic. Afterall there were so many much better games released for the Amiga over the years, so why would you bother?. I was personally never a fan of Sonic anyway.. but technically it could have been done although it doesnt need to be.
It would be nice
Old 15 June 2006, 11:03   #30
redblade
Zone Friend

man who wants a perfect version of Sonic.

a Perfect version of Double Dragon or Street fighter 2 in 384x256 res would be best.

Invisible throws would be king.
Old 16 June 2006, 01:44   #31
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redblade
Invisible throws would be king.
Classic redblade, I didn't think many people new these tricks

Guile rocked. Invisible throws (or fake throws), super freeze, stance, reset cabinet

Do you know how to make Dhalsim disappears? He, he, he

There was talk that you could make Blanka grow to double the size but never been able to get it working or seen it for real
Old 17 June 2006, 01:49   #32
redblade
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD
Classic redblade, I didn't think many people new these tricks

Guile rocked. Invisible throws (or fake throws), super freeze, stance, reset cabinet

Do you know how to make Dhalsim disappears? He, he, he

There was talk that you could make Blanka grow to double the size but never been able to get it working or seen it for real
yeah most of the bugs are on inet.

Nah I just use guile, is there any major advantage to invisble Dhalsim?

Yep Fire up Mame with cheats, do Guile Vs Guile on SF2 and try to invisible throw his arse.
Old 21 June 2006, 01:08   #33
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redblade
Nah I just use guile, is there any major advantage to invisble Dhalsim?
Sorry for the OT posts guys, last thing on the subject...

Yup, Guile is the best

No advantage to Dhalsim being invisible, the opponent just needs to fire a projectile and you'll find him. If you don't know, you make Dhalsim go invisible by doing a Yoga flame (half circle from back to forward) with medium kick + heavy punch. The trick is to press first medium kick and then quickly heavy punch. Very hard to pull off though

BTW notice how these Guile / Dhalsim tricks are not in the history.dat. Was going to add them but hard to explain and can't be bothered...

Last edited by DamienD; 21 June 2006 at 01:14.
Old 20 August 2006, 16:26   #34
_ThEcRoW
Amiga NetRunner

isn' possible to use a megadrive emulator on the Amiga, so the original Mega Drive game could be played?