English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - General

Old 20 May 2019, 13:34   #21
Steril707
OCS rocks!

Damn, they erased a lot of posts over there...
Old 20 May 2019, 14:29   #22
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Ehmm hello is it here to watch episodes of Young and the Restless ?
Old 20 May 2019, 14:31   #23
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

If there is one thing that sees a lot of abuse on the internet, it is the word "abuse".
Old 20 May 2019, 14:44   #24
mcgeezer

Back from holiday now.

I go back on holiday on 6th June for 4 days with the lads.

hmmmm...
Old 20 May 2019, 18:36   #25
Paul_s
Stuck in the 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
Look, what i wrote is over there if people want to go and read it.
If people poke me personally, i’ll poke them back.
And absolutely no apology will be given.
If they want to discuss the ins and outs then they know where i am.
someone once said to me "stop worrying, in 100 years time no one will give a shit because everyone alive now will be dead". Yeah, those words are just joyous aren't they but time is precious...

Now go and enjoy your caravan
Old 20 May 2019, 22:52   #26
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steril707 View Post
Damn, they erased a lot of posts over there...
No, they are not erased. They are marked as off topic and as such they are invisible for not logged user.
Old 20 May 2019, 23:07   #27
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
No, they are not erased. They are marked as off topic and as such they are invisible for not logged user.
Yeah, despite me wasting my time creating the videos i like how you’ve neglected to mark them as off-topic as well because in fact, they are indeed off topic as they don’t relate to a new game.

You should have a chat with your members about why they spam that thread with my updates because it isn’t me that posts them (yet i got the stick for it) hopefully u wont get any more updates .... like ever, but take it up with them.
Old 21 May 2019, 05:28   #28
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
Yeah, despite me wasting my time creating the videos i like how you’ve neglected to mark them as off-topic as well because in fact, they are indeed off topic as they don’t relate to a new game.

You should have a chat with your members about why they spam that thread with my updates because it isn’t me that posts them (yet i got the stick for it) hopefully u wont get any more updates .... like ever, but take it up with them.
Frankly speaking I don't understand your comment. You act like a victim while you are completely opposite. People were discussing YOUR GAME (it was not OT) and you did not like it and you started a mess (WHAT BECAME OT - you haven't defended arguments - you swore on people) which you now claim should be sorted out? It has been sorted out and you are still acting like a spoiled child no matter that, like it was also noticed in the comments here, it was you who were rude and people were still trying to talk to your senses. You really has an enormous ego...

Keep on coding because this is really what you are good at but mind your language and be wary of your actions. Be also prepared for critisism and comments in particular when you are so eager to present publicly progress of your work.

I am aware that my comment might create another storm coming from you and if it does it will just prove my point.

Last edited by mailman; 21 May 2019 at 05:52.
Old 21 May 2019, 06:54   #29
mcgeezer

It doesn’t surprise me you don’t understand my comment because with all due respect there appears to be little you do understand. I see it needs simplifying for you.

1) i update my rygar development thread here with a video update ( and text describing the video )

2) your members link direct to the video without any of the text that goes with it

3) your members get upset with me for making lots of videos that look the same

4) the videos are therefore OT as there is no or little explanation to them being there.

People can openly criticise my work as much as they want, i really dont mind, Rygar isn’t for everyone. Again though, as i explained the problem comes when people attack me for *how* i make the game, i always post updates to the audiences that i think are relevant and to frequency i think is relevant.

I’ll not be getting roped in with your personal attacks here either (big ego, knowing what i am good at), but if you want to man up and lift my ban at ppa i’ll happily pop over and defend myself again.

Beware though, i’m just the doctor, i didn’t make the needle sharp.

Last edited by mcgeezer; 21 May 2019 at 07:42.
Old 21 May 2019, 08:58   #30
Solo Kazuki

Ok, now i'm feeling i'm hit to head, so must defend myself.

I was the one who put videos to PPA, BUT with short comments about what was done and changes. It's not truth that there was no text or comments, moreover i was trying to explain some questions if i could. I was doing this NOT for fame, NOT for personal gains but to inform people who are not reading EAB about YOUR game.

And now i'm reading that's my fault... really? There is polish sentence "do something good and you'll be punished for sure".

You have standard ban for not appropriate actions on PPA for two weeks. After this time You can comment and write about Rygar, because i'm not anymore.

Edit: I was thinking that You had just some weaker days... i was wrong.

Last edited by Solo Kazuki; 21 May 2019 at 09:17.
Old 21 May 2019, 09:25   #31
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo Kazuki View Post

I was the one who put videos to PPA, BUT with short comments about what was done and changes. It's not truth that there was no text or comments, moreover i was trying to explain some questions if i could. I was doing this NOT for fame, NOT for personal gains but to inform people who are not reading EAB about YOUR game.

And now i'm reading that's my fault... really? There is polish sentence "do something good and you'll be punished for sure".

You have standard ban for not appropriate actions on PPA for two weeks. After this time You can comment and write about Rygar, because i'm not anymore.

I have nothing against you Solo Kazuki so I can only apologise for bringing you into it as yes some updates did have some text to go with the videos... but it would have just been better to link to the EAB.

That said, it's the odd few members at the PPA who didn't appreciate the updates and had a go at me about it.

I don't mind if you don't follow the game development anymore, not posting at the PPA about Rygar will do me a huge favour as it will stop adding more fuel to the fire.
If people want to follow the game then they know where it is at.
Old 21 May 2019, 09:31   #32
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo Kazuki View Post

Solo, it is a waste of time. Mcgeezer does not see farther that his own definition of things thus, no matter what he claims, he does not accept any other critisism (even slightly sarcastic) than the one he created and accepts. His latests response is a simple lack of evidence why he acted like he acted and now he uses the argument of publicly available videos as incorrectly linked elsewhere because there was no description (which is not true). He proven me right...
Old 21 May 2019, 09:35   #33
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
I don't mind if you don't follow the game development anymore, not posting at the PPA about Rygar will do me a huge favour as it will stop adding more fuel to the fire.
If people want to follow the game then they know where it is at.
Frankly, I don't see where, except one and only a bit sarcastic comment, anyone was adding more fuel to the fire. It was you who set everything in motion. Others were only trying to calm situation which you ignited even more.

Please - try looking objectively on the whole situation.
Old 21 May 2019, 09:50   #34
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Any coder who has already been in an ambitious project (and porting Rygar is one) knows how much you can get "hypersensitive/emotional/on the surface"... and then, we are in a seriously short fuse state...

As everybody seems devoted to their own position, it may be wiser for everyone to let the things calm down (on every side).

My two cents .
Old 21 May 2019, 09:51   #35
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
Solo, it is a waste of time. Mcgeezer does not see farther that his own definition of things thus, no matter what he claims, he does not accept any other critisism (even slightly sarcastic) than the one he created and accepts.

Ohhh yeah of course.... there's a difference between criticism and calling someone a racist.

http://109.228.4.199/downloads/ppa1.png

Nice board you're running over there, I pm'd you telling you to stamp that out but it looks like you're looking after your own (again).
Old 21 May 2019, 10:09   #36
mcgeezer

Right, i’m done with this now as i have better things to do.

I’ll be providing no more responses on the matter, ppa is a toxic place that has wasted enough of my energy.

@mailman - i do not apologise for anything i said over there, those who got it deserved it.

See ya. __|__
Old 21 May 2019, 10:53   #37
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

You can't run away from outrage culture unfortunately. You can say its this PPA, but it really isn't. It's any place where people are anonymous and complete strangers to each other.

A site such as EAB is relatively safe because at least most of the people drawn to it are kindred spirits from a more civilised age.

The only other site I tolerate is Reddit, because I can cherry pick subreddits where people are just out to have fun or are like on EAB kindred spirits. The days of a free internet are long gone, it's now occupied by really bored people.
Old 21 May 2019, 12:43   #38
Ian
Global Moderator

OK, so this has run it's course, mcgeezer is no longer going to respond so there is no point keeping this open. This is not a problem for EAB, I allowed it to continue as mcgeezer raised the issue himself and invited comment from people who frequent both forums.

Any more discussion on the matter on this forum will be dealt with immediately with the posts being deleted, repeat offender can expect a time out from the forum.