English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 26 March 2012, 03:30   #141
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by spannernick View Post
New name ..how about "RetroPlayer" - The Multi Emulator Frontend..
Actually i had something like this in mind ?

http://www.lastninjachronicles.co.uk/RETRO/

I could then link the downloads to wherever there stored

Its still in my head trying to get out but it kind of grabs your attention.
Not quite happy with the banner and a few things yet
Old 26 March 2012, 04:45   #142
msantos

waooo...nice page, nice design..

would not be less work for you .. after removing the launchers, sets out loose? as separate exe you made commodore 64. I think it would be less work for you and it would go faster. or what is your idea?
Old 26 March 2012, 15:55   #143
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchro View Post
Actually i had something like this in mind ?

http://www.lastninjachronicles.co.uk/RETRO/

I could then link the downloads to wherever there stored

Its still in my head trying to get out but it kind of grabs your attention.
Not quite happy with the banner and a few things yet
I think RetroPlayer sounds better than Retro-2-Go and get rid of the word Launcher but its up to you mate..

Would it be possible to change the commodore 64 to the orignal one instead of the C64X change it to like the C64K(K is for kEYRAH thats what I call my c64 now)Most people don't have a C64X.(too bloddy much at $1295 Over prised IMO)

Would you mind me asking what you use to make them(I know the menus are images so you must have to work out were the x and y is on screen for each game and button image then tell it to run a command line to run that game..am I close..

I know a bit about programing cos had to it in flash(is this flash you are using) or you could be using lua I have do a bit in that too on the psp.. I made a 3darcade for it with images so when you turned left it would load a new image up and if you turned right the same thing.so it looks like you are moving in the arcade. [ Show youtube player ]
Anyway.. enough about that..??

What you could do is make it in packs,so you download the main part of the program and the have Amiga,C64,Arcade,CD32,and so on as a pack,One pack for each emulator then it not such a big download.
Thats what I done with 3D Arcade 10th Anniversary.
The smaller packs I made part of the main program...good idea??

And one more question... Do you want your site as part of Junior Webdevs Network,it here.. http://juniorwebdevsnet.co.uk/
??
Good luck with the launchers,love how the site looks...Cool..

Last edited by spannernick; 26 March 2012 at 23:14.
Old 26 March 2012, 18:57   #144
spannernick
Retro Nuts

I had another idea(Me and my ideas)maybe making a list of games so if you want you can add a game and it would come up in the list,so you have a choice of the builtin ones and the ones you have added into the launcher..??

Yes I know you have a lot to do already but this wound good.
Old 26 March 2012, 19:08   #145
janikosk

Quote:
I had another idea(Me and my ideas)maybe making a list of games so if you want you can add a game and it would come up in the list,so you have a choice of the builtin ones and the ones you have added into the launcher..??

Great idea. and this project is awesome
Old 28 March 2012, 02:14   #146
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Would you mind me asking what you use to make them(I know the menus are images so you must have to work out were the x and y is on screen for each game and button image then tell it to run a command line to run that game..am I close..
Well heres the thing.....There are many many launcher front ends out there ..Mame...Mala...Gamebase 64...Maximus..to name a few but there never has been a install point and click to my knowledge...All the others you have to configure the emulators...add the games....point the paths....hours of setup .....So mine are pretty unique..

Considering i have not even finished my first collection yet or achived my "all in one" installer and the fact that some of the stuff i use cost me a fortune i hope you would understand that for now theres a few things i would like to keep close to my chest..... All the other launchers out there are fantastic but i wanted install and play without the hassle of setups and it took me a couple of years to learn how to do it so for now i would rather not give to much away

Later i will create them as Iso's and they will autoboot to a menu with 2 options...." Install "...or..." Play from Disc " ....now you cant do that with any of the other launchers Except Cloanto but thats to workbench....easy stuff...oh and the Tribute DVD,s.....But i made those as well
Old 28 March 2012, 16:45   #147
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Quote:
Well heres the thing.....There are many many launcher front ends out there ..Mame...Mala...Gamebase 64...Maximus..to name a few but there never has been a install point and click to my knowledge...All the others you have to configure the emulators...add the games....point the paths....hours of setup .....So mine are pretty unique..

Considering i have not even finished my first collection yet or achived my "all in one" installer and the fact that some of the stuff i use cost me a fortune i hope you would understand that for now theres a few things i would like to keep close to my chest..... All the other launchers out there are fantastic but i wanted install and play without the hassle of setups and it took me a couple of years to learn how to do it so for now i would rather not give to much away

Later i will create them as Iso's and they will autoboot to a menu with 2 options...." Install "...or..." Play from Disc " ....now you cant do that with any of the other launchers Except Cloanto but thats to workbench....easy stuff...oh and the Tribute DVD,s.....But i made those as well
OK..fine.. Sorry if I offended you.

What about this....

What you could do is make it in packs,so you download the main part of the program and the have Amiga,C64,Arcade,CD32,and so on as a pack,One pack for each emulator then it not such a big download.
Thats what I done with 3D Arcade 10th Anniversary.
The smaller packs I made part of the main program...good idea??

And one more question... Do you want your site as part of Junior Webdevs Network,it here.. http://juniorwebdevsnet.co.uk/
??
Good luck with the launchers,love how the site looks...Cool..

I had another idea(Me and my ideas)maybe making a list of games (Favourites)so if you want you can add a game and it would come up in the list,so you have a choice of the builtin ones and the ones you have added into the launcher..??

Last edited by spannernick; 28 March 2012 at 19:25.
Old 28 March 2012, 23:54   #148
spannernick
Retro Nuts

It might be a good idea to download the bigger files by torrent..??
Old 29 March 2012, 17:37   #149
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
OK..fine.. Sorry if I offended you.
No offence by asking
Old 31 March 2012, 21:55   #150
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Quote:
No offence by asking
Cool any of my ideas implemented...???

I am making a version of your c64x Game Launcher in flash so you can see what its like before downloading it, it will be on my website soon..
Old 31 March 2012, 22:36   #151
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Cool any of my ideas implemented...???

I am making a version of your c64x Game Launcher in flash so you can see what its like before downloading it, it will be on my website soon..
I have been reading your ideas dont worry im not dismissing or ignoring anything your writing

Im battling with the last page on the amiga launcher ( Its always the last one ) so i can say its complete tonight...then i can breathe a little and look into your ideas with a bit more thought.

Be aware i am updating the C64X launcher so you may have to do it all again but i would love to see what you have done when its finished
The network idea sounds good also but i assume i need to finish the site as well first....which is a little way off yet.
Old 31 March 2012, 22:49   #152
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by msantos View Post
waooo...nice page, nice design..

would not be less work for you .. after removing the launchers, sets out loose? as separate exe you made commodore 64. I think it would be less work for you and it would go faster. or what is your idea?
Im guessing you mean make the exe's standalone like the Company exe's
I can make them but wouldnt....Thats Anthox and the Companys speciality. Im a bit ethical about treading on anyone elses territory thats why i did the 64 exe's as no one was doing those

Anyway the companys exe's are perfection i dont think there is room for improvement there
Old 01 April 2012, 00:56   #153
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Quote:
Im guessing you mean make the exe's standalone like the Company exe's
I can make them but wouldnt....Thats Anthox and the Companys speciality. Im a bit ethical about treading on anyone elses territory thats why i did the 64 exe's as no one was doing those

Anyway the companys exe's are perfection i dont think there is room for improvement there
Whats Company...??
Old 01 April 2012, 21:57   #154
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Here is the c64 Game Launcher made in flash so you can see what its like before downloading it..

Its 1024x768 (original size of the c64fe)so if you want to see it in full make your web browser fullscreen.

http://juniorwebdevsnet2.zapto.org:8...borg/c64fe.htm

Last edited by spannernick; 01 April 2012 at 22:35.
Old 02 April 2012, 14:32   #155
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Thats cool !!
i have an idea on that ...i will get mack to you later

On a second note !! The Amiga "Arcade" Launcher is finished !!

1.3 odd gig just sorting out where to put it....this time i need to have a fast download i think...
Old 02 April 2012, 17:34   #156
MrCheese

Quote:
Thats cool !!

1.3 odd gig just sorting out where to put it....this time i need to have a fast download i think...
What about the EAB Torrent Server?
Old 02 April 2012, 18:37   #157
ma693541
Computer Wizard

@synchro, Don't use UG or other torrent server's that is hard to download from. Use the EAB Torrent Server as MrCheese suggest or upload it to EAB File Server.
Old 02 April 2012, 20:41   #158
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Quote:
Thats cool !!

COOL..

Get Mack to you later...hehe..
Old 02 April 2012, 22:24   #159
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma693541 View Post
@synchro, Don't use UG or other torrent server's that is hard to download from. Use the EAB Torrent Server as MrCheese suggest or upload it to EAB File Server.
Working on some space now....cant put it on EAB they wont allow it
Old 02 April 2012, 22:39   #160
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

How many games are in total in the Amiga arcade launcher?