English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 12 October 2004, 12:39   #21
Freakyweakywoo
(c) killergorilla 2007

Impossible to complete: (well as good as) I'd say powermonger, its just so huge and then you notice you can scroll the screen down and its 4 or 5 times bigger than you though. If anyone has finshed this game well done I say

Which Amiga Games did you almost complete? EoB II, I havent a clue how far in I got but I realy wanted to finish it, but the level with loads of skeletons was too hard for my party. I anyone can tell me how far in that is, cheers.

Do you want to complete any amiga games in near future?? As its been many many years I would like to give EoB and EoB II another crack.

Nice Thread
Old 12 October 2004, 17:07   #22
logix
Guru Meditation

1. Which Amiga Games were impossible to complete without cheats ?(ultra, mega, very difficult, etc)

R-Type: 100% Agree
Stardust: also impossible
Myth
Uridium2
...and many, many more

2. Which Amiga Games did you almost complete (almost, but not to the end...)

It Came From the Desert: I couldn't survive in the ants' nest so far eigther (I Agree with Mr Creosote)
Cannon Fodder
Frontier (this game has no end, you can play forever)
Old 18 October 2004, 12:03   #23
alkis21
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to alkis21
Obviously there are dozens of options for each category, but I'll choose some examples. I will list no adventure games, as I have completed most of what I have (dozens).

1. Which Amiga Games were impossible to complete without cheats ?(ultra, mega, very difficult, etc)

R-Type
Shadow of the Beast 2 (The first one was a piece of cake compared to 2! I couldn't even complete it WITH cheats!
Elf

2. Which Amiga Games did you almost complete (almost, but not to the end...)

Rodland (couldn't beat the final boss no matter how many lives I had)

3. Do you want to complete any amiga games in near future?? (on emu or real amiga)

All of them! But that would never happen..
Old 22 October 2004, 11:26   #24
adamst85

Myth and Elf (ocean)- in my opinion aren't very difficult. Myth I almost complete without cheats and continuations - GURU MEDITATION killed me before last boss. Elf - I stuck in dwarf mines...
Old 10 November 2004, 19:35   #25
taa2609

impossible to complete: dragon ninja, or was it shadow warrior? it was the one where you can build up fire and when you do you guy makes a crazy sound. a bit like, "huuuuut-NAAAY!". one of those very memorable amiga sound effects. the reason it was impossible? well, on level 2 you have to jump from the rig of a lorry onto the trailer. its a very small gap that anybody else could just walk across. the only way we could get past it was to stay on the rig until we were scrolled off and fell down the gap and under the wheels. hey we lost a life, but at least it put us back onto the trailer. problem is, a few levels later there is a similar problem, but this time its with a multiple-carriaged train. we saw the final engine but we never got onto it.

megalomania was fun for a level or two, then it got insanely hard and we gave up. sharpest difficulty curve ive ever seen in a game. almost a right angle.
tommy.

Old 10 November 2004, 22:23   #26
Ebster

nearly completed without cheating:

back in the days a friend and me used to have amiga-sessions, playing the big adventures on two amigas sitting next to each other. guess how funny these mixed lucasfilm soundtracks were with both monitors on. we always did that for a long weekend not leaving the house at all. this was a way to solve puzzles faster, always discussing what one should try next and moving in different directions to complete the whole plot. but at last we always walked the same way.

but when we played indy and the fate of atlantis something strange happened. we were not moving on for hours until my friend discovered a cupboard with a book in it. great, i thought and opened EXACTLY the same cupboard ...WITH NOTHING IN IT. so after checking everything i could have missed i did not find my mistake and copied his savegame to complete. we both played the original version! STRANGE...

i also had my probs with cruise for a corpse, at a late point - even looking in different solutions. i think some door didn´t open or some conversation bringing you further didn´t appear and there was nothing else to do anymore.

can hardly remember a completed action like game except lotus2 and banshee without cheats (but 2players). but nearly every worthy point and click adventure!

failed with legend of kyrandia and jim power, because they were bad pirated versions!!

...and jim power still tickles my fingers... don´t ask me why but i like it much more than the turrican series ...and don´t beat me!!

greetz, ebster.
Old 12 November 2004, 15:20   #27
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by taa2609
...well, on level 2 you have to jump from the rig of a lorry onto the trailer. its a very small gap that anybody else could just walk across. the only way we could get past it was to stay on the rig until we were scrolled off and fell down the gap and under the wheels. hey we lost a life, but at least it put us back onto the trailer.
Hehe, thats exactly the same I did back then.
But then some years later I discovered you had to push the joystick up first and the hold it into upper right position instead of pushig in upper right position instantly. It's a bit stupid control.
Old 13 November 2004, 17:01   #28
LordIvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillsy_
Impossible - without cheating....

4. Hired Guns.
Are you sure about the Hired Guns?
I have completed it 10 years ago, when it came out, and it wasn't difficult at all...
Old 13 November 2004, 17:39   #29
BippyM
Global Moderator

Just because you found it easy LordIvo!!

Everyone is different :P
Old 22 November 2004, 13:24   #30
mintsauce82

Impossible (i think):
Yolanda (finally found out the title of this yesterday after years of searching, and it's as bloody hard as i remember)
Baby Jo
Back To The Future 2
Blood Money

Almost completed:

Targhan (eventually finished with cheats)
Iron Lord (i think i may even have finished it, but the game reset after the final battle)
Gobliins 2
Panza Kick Boxing (Andre Panza is stupidly hard)
James Pond 2

Want to complete in the future
Cadaver
Operation Stealth, Beneath a Steel Sky + some Lucasarts point 'n clicks
Eye of the Beholder 2
Old 22 November 2004, 19:48   #31
zx81

1 Genetic species
R-type

2 AB3D Got to the last level to no avail.

3 Pretty much anything new I come across

Old 28 November 2004, 00:04   #32
DisposableHero

Megalomania and Wizkid are two of the few games I did complete back in the day actually, whereas I didn't get far in Flashback without walkthroughs. Different people, I guess.
Old 28 November 2004, 01:45   #33
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiath
Do you want to complete any amiga games in near future?
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master is a very satisfying finish, enjoyable puzzles throughout the game. Choose the right characters at the start (Hawk & Tiggy) and spend time in the legendary "Screamer Regeneration Room" training your characters makes it quite easy and lots more of an adventure rather than a constant search for alters of rebirth
Old 28 November 2004, 14:30   #34
Marcuz

Impossible to complete
Frontier: when you get half through, the span before another goal is achieved is geomethrically increased.
Utopia: try to beat the Lucratians in the last world!
The Immortal: this one was impossible even to start.
Almost completed without cheats
Xenon 2, Bubble Bobble, Deflektor, Ghostbuster 2, Horror Zombies From The Crypt, Ishar, Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge, Troddlers Dragon's Lair 2.

the one i can think not on amiga is Guru Logic Champ (GBA) a great additive game

there are many i would like to complete, but if so, now i will cheat for sure

probably the only games i have finished without cheats are Moonstone (quite easy) Perihelion and Dune.