English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 31 May 2013, 13:49   #2261
Mr B

Yeah, if you don't cut in to your shield, it's not going to fit. It's probably a bit of luck, how much you have to cut, and where. It's easier just to pull it, but i wanted the RF shield on, and sorted it out.
But one must be careful.
Old 07 June 2013, 01:38   #2262
gnujon

I guess there probably isn't room to put the hard drive cradle back in either right? I'm just thinking about how I'm going insulate my CF adaptor.
Old 07 June 2013, 01:47   #2263
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnujon View Post
I guess there probably isn't room to put the hard drive cradle back in either right? I'm just thinking about how I'm going insulate my CF adaptor.
Plastic on the bottom of CF adapter.
Old 07 June 2013, 01:59   #2264
hiho

Have you noticed an unshielded CD32 causing interference in anything?
Old 07 June 2013, 02:01   #2265
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiho View Post
Have you noticed an unshielded CD32 causing interference in anything?
I haven't, like any other Amiga. Nearly all A600's never had shields.
Old 07 June 2013, 02:43   #2266
hiho

I was concerned because before I went Amiga, I had a TRS-80 Model I.

When that machine was turned on, it was almost impossible for anyone nearby to watch over the air television.
Old 07 June 2013, 09:17   #2267
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiho View Post
I was concerned because before I went Amiga, I had a TRS-80 Model I.

When that machine was turned on, it was almost impossible for anyone nearby to watch over the air television.
Now that terrestrial TV has gone fully digital (at least in Europe), the TRS-80 should be compatible again ;-)

The C64 is very similar in that regard, but if you measure EMI emissions with en E-field and B/H field sniffer (not just an antenna), you quickly notice that the computer itself isn't so bad. It's mainly the cables that serve as antennas. Starting with the Amiga, Commodore has introduced proper EMI filtering for signals that go to the outside world, and that's pretty effective.

Indivision AGA MK2 also has this EMI filtering on selected signals (especially HSync and VSync). In the case of this flickerfixer, it was more complicated to get emissions of the board traces down, which is why you see so many source termination resistors on the board.

Jens
Old 09 June 2013, 02:23   #2268
gnujon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Plastic on the bottom of CF adapter.
Could I place a small plastic bag over the entire CF adaptor? Or would that be a bad idea from a thermal perspective? (Though I don't suppose a CF card generates all that much heat).

Does the A1200 keyboard still have sufficient support without a hard drive cradle installed?
Old 09 June 2013, 03:23   #2269
demolition
Unregistered User

I usually just put some tape on the bottom of the adapter so it won't short to anything, but a plastic bag could also work I guess.

For the keyboard I don't think it relies on the hard drive cradle. The keyboard frame is stiff enough in itself (stiffer than the MB the cradle is sitting on) and most people just remove it, including myself. Unless you plan on sitting on your Amiga I doubt it will make a difference.
Old 09 June 2013, 23:52   #2270
Mr Plow

I would just like to post that I received my Indivision AGA Mk2 from Amigakit very quickly, installation was very simple (also installed my ACA1232 at the same time), kept my fingers crossed while hitting the power switch but needn't have worried as it booted up ClassicWB no problems whatsoever and was playing some Cannon Fodder within minutes albeit with the screen shifted a little to the right.

This was on a Dell 2407Wfp using the VGA port, I've not had a chance to play around with screen modes though so any advice on what the ideal resolution for WB and games would be would be very much appreciated.

Now I just need to sort out fixing the DVI socket into the blanking plate somehow.
Old 10 June 2013, 21:52   #2271
Cymru

Dremel is your friend
Old 11 June 2013, 13:55   #2272
AndyGarton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Plow View Post
I would just like to post that I received my Indivision AGA Mk2 from Amigakit very quickly, installation was very simple (also installed my ACA1232 at the same time), kept my fingers crossed while hitting the power switch but needn't have worried as it booted up ClassicWB no problems whatsoever and was playing some Cannon Fodder within minutes albeit with the screen shifted a little to the right.

This was on a Dell 2407Wfp using the VGA port, I've not had a chance to play around with screen modes though so any advice on what the ideal resolution for WB and games would be would be very much appreciated.

Now I just need to sort out fixing the DVI socket into the blanking plate somehow.
Snap, AGA Mk2 and ACA1232 installed today here also

All good so far, but I'm struggling a bit with screen modes setup. I have a ClassicWB install from fitzsteve - it offers a number of screen modes but the higher res ones all tend to have either on screen corruption, or aspect ratio issues. I'm currently at 800x600 which works fine but is rather a waste of my 1600x1200 monitor. Any hints please on how I "fix" this so I can get a higher resolution?

Thanks in advance,
Andy
Old 11 June 2013, 15:34   #2273
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyGarton View Post
Snap, AGA Mk2 and ACA1232 installed today here also

All good so far, but I'm struggling a bit with screen modes setup. I have a ClassicWB install from fitzsteve - it offers a number of screen modes but the higher res ones all tend to have either on screen corruption, or aspect ratio issues. I'm currently at 800x600 which works fine but is rather a waste of my 1600x1200 monitor. Any hints please on how I "fix" this so I can get a higher resolution?

Thanks in advance,
Andy
Hiya,

Have you installed the latest cores and config tool yet?

Start off by setting you ScreenMode to PAL 640x512 and then move any monitor drivers out our Devs/Monitors and into Storage/Monitors.

Then restart and see how your 640x512 WB looks by default, is it centered and full screen? Then run a game (which uses PAL mode) and see if the image is ok. If the images are not ok then use the Config tool to fix it up.

After you're happy with PAL you can start playing around with other modes like HighGFX if that's your thing.
Old 11 June 2013, 17:11   #2274
AndyGarton

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
Hiya,

Have you installed the latest cores and config tool yet?

Start off by setting you ScreenMode to PAL 640x512 and then move any monitor drivers out our Devs/Monitors and into Storage/Monitors.

Then restart and see how your 640x512 WB looks by default, is it centered and full screen? Then run a game (which uses PAL mode) and see if the image is ok. If the images are not ok then use the Config tool to fix it up.

After you're happy with PAL you can start playing around with other modes like HighGFX if that's your thing.
Thanks, where can I find the Config tool please? I have a fitzsteve ClassicWB install and I believe he said he'd installed it, but I don't know where to look

(I've ordered a PCMCIA transfer kit so I can install these things myself soon.)
Old 11 June 2013, 17:31   #2275
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyGarton View Post
Thanks, where can I find the Config tool please? I have a fitzsteve ClassicWB install and I believe he said he'd installed it, but I don't know where to look

(I've ordered a PCMCIA transfer kit so I can install these things myself soon.)
I installed the HighGFX, HD720 and Superplus screen modes for you that was all

I assumed they would supply the MkIIcr Indivision with the config tool and latest core but it seems not?
Old 11 June 2013, 17:37   #2276
AndyGarton

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
I installed the HighGFX, HD720 and Superplus screen modes for you that was all

I assumed they would supply the MkIIcr Indivision with the config tool and latest core but it seems not?
Ok thanks Steve, no unfortunately not. I'll wait patiently for my transfer kit then
Old 12 June 2013, 18:47   #2277
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

It seems I've got a big problem. To avoid off topic, is there a way I can run the reflash tool from the s-s? I mean run the reflash without watching the screen; I can prepare the Cf on WinUAE

Last edited by Retrofan; 12 June 2013 at 18:54.
Old 13 June 2013, 09:54   #2278
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
It seems I've got a big problem. To avoid off topic, is there a way I can run the reflash tool from the s-s? I mean run the reflash without watching the screen; I can prepare the Cf on WinUAE
You can use a normal TV with the RGB/AV output and work from that to do the flash and then go back to your monitor after.

If you can't boot into workbench due to the screen mode you have selected not working with normal outputs just boot without SS and work from CLI
Old 13 June 2013, 10:32   #2279
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
You can use a normal TV with the RGB/AV output and work from that to do the flash and then go back to your monitor after.

If you can't boot into workbench due to the screen mode you have selected not working with normal outputs just boot without SS and work from CLI
I don't know what happened, I think perhaps it's the Lisa. I was changing screen modes, yes, but now the scart doesn't work either, and I use the scart with the other amiga without problems. I listen the music of the system booting but Í've got no image. I was thinking that perhaps it's just the video output, so I wanted to try reseting the core, but now I see also the composite doesn't work either. Do you think it's Lisa?
Old 13 June 2013, 11:10   #2280
duga

How did you connect the grounding cable?