English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 25 August 2009, 17:46   #1
amigakit.com

Indivision ECS Pre-Ordering starts!

We are pleased to open pre-ordering for Indivision ECS at www.amigakit.com

Indivision ECS is a scandoubler/flickerfixer for OCS/ECS Amigas with a socketted Denise chip and the A600 when used with the A603 memory expansion.

It has been announced today by Individual Computers that the Indivision ECS will have dual monitor support when you stack two Indivision ECS on top each other!

Product release is scheduled for October.
Old 25 August 2009, 20:28   #2
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Tad expensive but should sell well.

It is priced slightly higher than generic external scandoublers (like the CM-397) but comparing the quality of the two will show they are no competition. The Indivision ECS will offer the best quality VGA image to date.

As this is effectively an FPGA replacement for the Denise chip, using code from the unreleased Clone-A project. I wonder who will be the first to find a bug in it?

(Or not!)

Last edited by alexh; 25 August 2009 at 20:36.
Old 25 August 2009, 22:43   #3
pmc
gone

Just pre-ordered mine.

Need one so I can stop using the TV modulator with my A500+ before my eyes finally stop working from the effort.
Old 25 August 2009, 22:45   #4
Paul_s

We need a super-indvision that can be used on all Amiga
Old 25 August 2009, 23:03   #5
Pyromania

You have one sale here, love to try this card on our CDTV and 50 inch Plasma TV.
Old 25 August 2009, 23:09   #6
amigakit.com

Thats great- thanks very much :-)

Hopefully we will have some stock at this years Amiwest!
Old 25 August 2009, 23:10   #7
amigakit.com

@pmc

Thanks for the pre-order- much appreciated
Old 25 August 2009, 23:14   #8
Peter
Still an Amiga user

I wonder if it will be the case that this model of Indivision will also suffer from the dreaded flicker until warmed up in some people's Amiga's...?

Also, I never did discover why the Indivision I have in my A1200 was not compatible with my Sony LCD TV (TV has monitor input)
Old 25 August 2009, 23:21   #9
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
I wonder if it will be the case that this model of Indivision will also suffer from the dreaded flicker until warmed up in some people's Amiga's...?
It's not a "push-on" clip like the A1200 version, it completely replaces the Denise chip in the DIL socket on the motherboard. So if that is the cause, the answer will be no!

Quote:
Also, I never did discover why the Indivision I have in my A1200 was not compatible with my Sony LCD TV (TV has monitor input)
Try different output scaling resolution, scan-rate conversion frequencies, different cable etc. If the VGA input on your TV works, the Indivision 1200 will work.
Old 26 August 2009, 02:11   #10
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
As this is effectively an FPGA replacement for the Denise chip, using code from the unreleased Clone-A project.
And that in itself should be applauded...well done to all involved, can't wait to see what comes out next from Project Clone-A
Old 26 August 2009, 02:31   #11
illy5603

Send a message via MSN to illy5603
Quote:

I have this flickering issue and it has nothing to do with my Indivision AGA. I would see the same thing when running "Multiscan Productivity" mode out of the stock port with an adapter on my multisync monitor. I also don't get any flickering when cold in the standard PAL/NTSC resolutions. There is a problem, but for me it isn't specific to the Indivision Board and if others haven't tried modes like "Multiscan Productivity" before installing an Indivision AGA they wouldn't even have known they have a problem.

With that said, I understand that there may be users with NO problems at all with the Indivision AGA board out, but I think this phenomenon is too easily assumed to be an Indivsion problem by people that never tried higher resolution modes before installing theirs.

Sorry to go off topic... Congrats on the new board, very exciting!
Old 26 August 2009, 02:54   #12
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by illy5603 View Post
I have this flickering issue and it has nothing to do with my Indivision AGA. I would see the same thing when running "Multiscan Productivity" mode out of the stock port with an adapter on my multisync monitor. I also don't get any flickering when cold in the standard PAL/NTSC resolutions. There is a problem, but for me it isn't specific to the Indivision Board and if others haven't tried modes like "Multiscan Productivity" before installing an Indivision AGA they wouldn't even have known they have a problem.
So the E127R fix didn't help then?
Old 26 August 2009, 10:04   #13
Anakirob
Unregistered User

Quote:
As this is effectively an FPGA replacement for the Denise chip
Quote:
We need a super-indvision that can be used on all Amiga
It would be nice, but I think the fact that it's 'effectively a replacement for the Denise' would make it impossible, or at least impractical.
Old 26 August 2009, 10:17   #14
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Quote:
Originally Posted by illy5603 View Post
That is a very valid point.

I will consider some of the suggestions Alex has however the Indivision doesn't even display it's own start-up screen on my Sony TV so I don't hold out much hope... cables all work fine BTW.
Old 27 August 2009, 05:36   #15
mully

Exciting development. Using this device with a stock A500 I wonder how much image quality would improve over the RGB > S-Video adapter I recently bought for AUD30 (£15). This gives a massive improvement over Composite on a 26" LCD.
Old 27 August 2009, 11:12   #16
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligans_flat
I wonder how much image quality would improve over the RGB > S-Video adapter
In normal resolutions, negligible.

In an interlaced high-resolution mode for Workbench the Indivision will flicker fix and give a progressive output, but a reasonable LCD/Plasma TV probably has a built in flicker-fixer on the S-Video input.

Also Indivision ECS has Highgfx mode (1024x768). Although it is unclear if it is usable on 7MHz un-accelerated Amiga's. And who uses workbench that often on an unaccelerated OCS/ECS Amiga?

Last edited by alexh; 27 August 2009 at 11:19.
Old 28 August 2009, 01:17   #17
Pyromania

@alexh

So no advantage using this card on a CDTV then? CDTV is just an glorified A500, still cool though and was far ahead of it's time. Almost looks PS3 or Xbox 360 Elite like. Same concept but from a different era (CDTV). May have been the birth of that type of device.
Old 28 August 2009, 10:05   #18
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Not at all.

If VGA is the only input on the screen you're connecting to then this is THE adapter to have.
Old 28 August 2009, 15:11   #19
Pyromania

Going to use it with a 50 inch Plasma TV, it has VGA and many other types of inputs.
Old 28 August 2009, 15:15   #20
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

If it has RGB SCART input then you do not really need one. Spend $10 on an RGB SCART cable.

However I doubt a US Plasma has RGB SCART?