English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 28 January 2020, 00:27   #1
Provider

Winuae Window

I think I have posted about this here once before I don't remember.
How do I get the Winuae window to bee bigger. It won't get larger
Thank You.
Old 28 January 2020, 03:06   #2
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Go to Host > Display and change the "windowed" setting.
Old 28 January 2020, 11:28   #3
Tomislav

WinUAE Properties window or WinUAE emulation window?

For Properties window there are in Miscellaneous / GUI options Resizable GUI and Fullscreen GUI.
Old 31 January 2020, 01:39   #4
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomislav View Post

For Properties window there are in Miscellaneous / GUI options Resizable GUI and Fullscreen GUI.
Sorry I have not got back to you, but its dependent on your configuration, each one will have its own settings. But it is the winUAE properties window is where you need to look.
Old 10 April 2021, 08:11   #5
Frodelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomislav View Post

Thanks a lot, helped me out with a problem where the properties window was much larger than my screen.
Setting it to default reset it to proper size and now I also checked the Resizable GUI in case of future issues.
I think it would be helpful if that option would have come checked as default from the start.
Old 10 April 2021, 16:06   #6
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodelius View Post
I think it would be helpful if that option would have come checked as default from the start.
Nah, the GUI size after a fresh WinUAE install or extraction is fine and not too large.

Personally I don't tick "Resizable GUI" as I have my GUI setup to the desired size so don't want to accidentally resize. That could happen if it's set by default...
Old 11 April 2021, 07:11   #7
Frodelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Nah, the GUI size after a fresh WinUAE install or extraction is fine and not too large.

Personally I don't tick "Resizable GUI" as I have my GUI setup to the desired size so don't want to accidentally resize. That could happen if it's set by default...
How do you set your GUI to the desired size?

Well, in my case the resolution was fine for a long time then at one point changed through processes unbeknownst to me (will explain more in-depth below), leaving me fumbling in darkness for some days without managing to rectify the over dimensioned Property window.

Installing a new version didn't help. Changing the screen resolution setting in the configuration file didn't help.

What would have been an easy help was if that Resizable GUI was preset, but thanks to this forum post I learned about it and could localize it.

Actually it was Set default that fixed my issue, since the Property window was so much bigger than my TV screen I couldn't see anything below the Set default button, I had to lift and lurk the window to the highest possible to even be able to see the Set default button - That was how badly aligned the Property window was! It could have been worse, if I hadn't even been able to see that button what could I have done? Then this forum post wouldn't have helped me and I would have to rely on some other method, which still is not clear to me how I could accomplish.

I am not sure exactly how and why my Properties window got so out whack, but it was maybe related to me setting "Extend these displays" and "Make this my main display" on my TV acting as an external monitor and some back and forth Win + P, selecting Second Screen only or PC Screen only etc..

The main point with my suggestion is that having the Resizable GUI as default is the intuitive and common way you would fix these resolution problems and since it wasn't on default it took longer and more stress/work to figure out a fix. It could have helped me (and who knows, others too) a lot.

The reason I now want to keep it checked is that I suspect the sudden resolution change may happen again due to me fiddling about with the monitor settings. And who knows if next time I will be able to see/reach the Set default button.
Old 11 April 2021, 13:18   #8
DamienD
Banned

I manually resized the GUI to my desired size, so yes ticked "Resizable GUI" once but then removed

Your problem with the GUI being too large is an easy fix, just delete the registry settings here and everything is back at default:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Arabuusimiehet\WinUAE]
Old 12 April 2021, 17:13   #9
BjornHeimdall

I can't properly set WinUAE window mode with nice scaling. I select Filter option to Automatic Scaling and overscan area lost. If not select any scaling option screen area is too small for my screen. Otherwise scaling is very bad for viewing pleasure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sshot-1.png
Views:	88
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	71565   Click image for larger version

Name:	sshot-2.png
Views:	91
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	71566  
Old 12 April 2021, 23:43   #10
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by BjornHeimdall View Post
I can't properly set WinUAE window mode with nice scaling. I select Filter option to Automatic Scaling and overscan area lost. If not select any scaling option screen area is too small for my screen. Otherwise scaling is very bad for viewing pleasure.
Under display you want to make sure Centering: Horizontal/Vertical are selected.

Under filter you want no scaling and Horiz Size 2x and the same with Vert. Size

I usually set the window to 1280x1024 on a 1080p display.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	92
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	71568  

Last edited by enigma776; 12 April 2021 at 23:48.