English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language > Coders. Blitz Basic

Old 24 June 2019, 14:44   #1
rcman
Long time Amiga Owner

Problems with load IFF

I installed the latest Blitz from Github here:

https://github.com/blockulator/BLITZCD

Now when I compile and run my code it says it can't find the IFF which is in the same directory.

I have not changed anything else. Not sure why it's not working. I even tried compiling Earok's code and it says it can't find the IFF Body.

Am I doing something wrong?

RC
Old 24 June 2019, 16:21   #2
Cobe

I suppose you're using some older version of TED where before you load something you had to click 'CD' so it would 'lock' prog folder.
Old 24 June 2019, 16:37   #3
rcman
Long time Amiga Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobe View Post
I suppose you're using some older version of TED where before you load something you had to click 'CD' so it would 'lock' prog folder.
I'm not sure that's what it is. It's the newest BlitzCD install.

My Code used to work fine. I will check but I don't think that's it.

RC

Edit:

So I installed a new WinUAE machine with Amiga DOS 3.1.4 and used the same files from github. It seems to compile but now gets Buffer Overflow on Bblit. Do I need to increase a value in the compiler?

THanks
RC

Last edited by rcman; 24 June 2019 at 16:53.
Old 25 June 2019, 21:16   #4
Daedalus

When you run code from within the Blitz IDE, it inherits the path of the compiler, not the source directory. With the old TED editor needs you to set the current directory using the load/save file requester by clicking the CD gadget. The newer SuperTED (which you should be using as the old one is really only for floppy-based systems and/or OS 1.3 systems) has a "Change Dir..." menu item for setting the working directory, and AmiBlitz3 uses the directory set for creating executables.

A buffer overflow error in the debugger for BBlit means you haven't allocated enough buffer space to store all the bitmap information you want to buffer. When you create the buffer object, one of the arguments is the number of bytes you want to allocate. This has to be big enough to store *all* the bitmap areas you're blitting. Another possibility is that you're not unbuffering the blits, so every time you loop around and blit again you're adding more to the buffer.

(Note the difference from a QBlit queue object, which needs the number of items to queue, not the number of bytes.)
Old 26 June 2019, 16:50   #5
rcman
Long time Amiga Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
When you run code from within the Blitz IDE, it inherits the path of the compiler, not the source directory. With the old TED editor needs you to set the current directory using the load/save file requester by clicking the CD gadget. The newer SuperTED (which you should be using as the old one is really only for floppy-based systems and/or OS 1.3 systems) has a "Change Dir..." menu item for setting the working directory, and AmiBlitz3 uses the directory set for creating executables.

A buffer overflow error in the debugger for BBlit means you haven't allocated enough buffer space to store all the bitmap information you want to buffer. When you create the buffer object, one of the arguments is the number of bytes you want to allocate. This has to be big enough to store *all* the bitmap areas you're blitting. Another possibility is that you're not unbuffering the blits, so every time you loop around and blit again you're adding more to the buffer.

(Note the difference from a QBlit queue object, which needs the number of items to queue, not the number of bytes.)
Thank you. You're always so helpful

Thanks
RC