English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 24 July 2001, 12:12   #1
Drake1009

Working version of Jurassic park AGA

Does anyone know where I could get a working version of Jurassic park AGA?
I've tried to download this game from a couple of places, either disk 5 is missing from the archive (Strange) or when you use disk 5 which is used to access the computer terminals the screen messes up and freezes the computer (Does this on Amiga and on PC).
Old 24 July 2001, 15:01   #2
steztheskinhead

Roll eyes (sarcastic)

Strange one that, ya see I have 2 original boxed versions of JP aga and there`s only 4 disks in both of them! Mind you I have noticed that some of the hard drive installers floating around the net mention a fifth disk as well. But like I say the 2 originalls I`ve got are 4 disk only as was the version I bought when it originally came out

Old 24 July 2001, 17:27   #3
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Angry Don't read if easily upset :)

I had the 4 disk (original version) as well as the 5 disk (cracked) versions. The cracked version is very dodgy even on the real amiga which is why I bought the original game.
It crashed in all sorts of places and you can't get very far in the game without coming across corrupt data. I remember a lot of the indoor 3D sections didn't load at all. It was an extremely buggy cracked version. I remember the 4 disk original version was impossible to backup as well so the chances of finding the working 4 disk (original) version in ADF format are pretty much zero.
Old 24 July 2001, 22:44   #4
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
wait mate ...

got a HDF right here, ready to use with Kickstart 3.0
(at least the terminal scene is tested to work fine, also under emulation). I created that piece for the german-language Amiga board quite a while ago.
Enjoy!

Jurassic Park (AGA) (HDF)
Old 25 July 2001, 01:02   #5
Drake1009

Thanks a lot Andreas. It really bothered me to have to play the PC version because my sound card seems to crash my computer after 2 minutes of playing samples under dos which I'm afraid I'll need to run to play the game.
Old 25 July 2001, 14:43   #6
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Happy Great Post

I've tried almost every level and they all work great. Fantastic stuff.
It must be a hdf of the original version.
Old 27 July 2001, 13:37   #7
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Eek Darn WHDLoad

Hmmm

I tried the Jurassid Park HDF on my computer at home last night and quite often it came up with the same error boxes. One saying that volume Jurassic Park is full and one saying out of memory even though I'm booting it straight from the HDF with 2MB chip and 8MB Fast. I checked the HDF and it certainly is nowhere near full with at least 1MB free. But what the hell is this I thought. WHDLoad creates a 2MEGABYTE log file. What the f*&k is that about. I suspect this may be the root cause of the problems. What the hell is WHDLoad up to!!!!
Old 27 July 2001, 19:21   #8
Amiga1992

Jurassic Park woes

I have an ECS version, which completely DENIES to accept any password I chuck it. The game is not easy, and I got terribly pissed off at it, when I tried to resume gameplay where I left off (thanks to the password the game gave me) only to find out I kept getting an íncorrect password' message!!!

WTF is wrong with my disks? Bad crack, or dodgy alpha/beta version? Anyone had this problem?
Old 27 July 2001, 20:33   #9
Drake1009

Akira, I remember this problem from a long time ago at a friend's house. He had Jurassic park (He had an A500 so I guess it wasn't the AGA version). He had a couple of passwords which didn't work either. It could be a bug in the program, or more likely that the crackers wrecked the option when they made it.
Old 28 July 2001, 20:30   #10
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
@steve_b

Now, after your enthusiastic post "Great post / everything works" NOTHING works anymore all of a sudden? Bad news man, I didn't expect everything to turn out *that* way...

Well yes, I do always leave a bit of space free in a HDF. Intentionally. Most of Amiga installers simply seem to have NEVER learned how to count in their life and I always get an "out of space" error if I copy the last bits of data from the set's last disk to the HDF. That sucks ... Besides: you do _not_ have to worry about free space. It can be crunched perfectly by archivers because it's just "void".

So ... where's your problem, exactly? And where in the game does it happen? (Well if WHDLOAD really creates such a big log file, I'll just add 4 MB space to the HDF -- no big fuss. Your download will still have *approximately* the "same" size afterwards.)
Old 29 July 2001, 16:28   #11
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

It worked fine when I tried it on my works computer but seemed to have problems on my home computer. Oh well I'll just copy the data onto my Amiga hard drive partition and hope that gets it working again.
Old 06 August 2001, 14:54   #12
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Smile Working Again

Quite Bizarre. It worked fairly good on my work computer but when I tried the .HDF at home on WinUAE it came up with Volume JurassicParkAGA is full after a while. After copying all the files to my emulated Amiga harddrive it all works again.
I now play it through my emulated Workbench 3.5 partition using WinUAE 0.8.8 and it works fantastic. The indoor 3D raptor sections are fast and playable again and the music is as scary as ever.
Old 06 August 2001, 16:09   #13
Puzzle

Passwords

I'd like to remind you that passwords from different versions of the game, do not mix.

I know this, because I used to play both the A1200 and PC-versions of Jurassic Park. I had to complete each level twice.

I don't know if there are different passwords in the AGA and ECS-versions, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 06 August 2001, 17:18   #14
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Smile Yup

Yes the codes are different between the ECS and AGA versions of Jurassic Park. Also I think the AGA version has a couple of extra levels over the ECS version.
Old 06 August 2001, 19:27   #15
Amiga1992

I tried to use the passwords the game itself gave me, to no avail! I didn't take them from any mag. And this pissed me off big time since the game was not really that easy to play (at least for me)
Old 07 August 2001, 00:49   #16
Puzzle

Strange. I almost thought the same happened to me once too. But then I noticed that it was my lousy handwriting that the problem.

Did the ECS-version have the 3D-sections? If so, how were they compared to the AGA and PC-versions?

I remember that the PC-version had a larger screen and more detailed graphics during the 3D-sections, compared to the AGA one. Also, it was possible to have full-screen as well on the PC.

Also, the AGA-version slowed down tremendously when a few sprites were on the screen (in the 2D-section). It was quite annoying to escape from the dinosaurs in slow-motion.

However, in general I preferred the AGA-version. The sound was a lot better than on the Soundblaster.
Old 11 December 2019, 17:38   #17
hexaae
Bug hunter

Once I saw a main menu of this game with "Version 1.1".
I only found 1.0 everywhere...
Old 11 December 2019, 17:43   #18
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
and this game has a cheat mode !