English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 25 January 2013, 19:59   #41
hese

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJM View Post
I know a few guys at uni who had the equipment so will try them, if not our best bet is asking on a1k.org.
I can also program the chips.
Old 25 January 2013, 20:07   #42
PJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hese View Post
I can also program the chips.
Awesome hese. All logic is in the download files from memory.

Kipper here is the board specs that were ordered and confirmed by the author last time:

4 layer board
Single board with 1 board per panel
board length: 317 mm
board width: 342 mm
peelable soldermask: both sides
solder mask: 2 sides (blue board)
silkscreen: 2 sides (white)
minimum trace/space: 7-8 mil
minimum hole size: 11-12 mil
electrical test: yes
material: Fr4
board thickness: 1.6 mm
finished copper weight: 35um for top, inside and bottom layers
board finish: Gold plated (electroplating) or ENIG (electroless nickel gold)
stencil: none
blind via hole: no
controlled impedance: no
buried via hole: no
controlled dielectric: no
Old 25 January 2013, 20:20   #43
klx300r

I'm definitely good for one

you the man kipper
Old 25 January 2013, 20:35   #44
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
I'm definitely good for one

you the man kipper
i think there are a lot of fingers in this pie. I can check for prices at my end for some of these components but before i invest too much of my own money (and time) to buy things i think we will need some serious comittment from people to make sure that people don't turn tail and run and we get enough interest for the 25 (or even more). I would probably like to keep a few of them for me . If we can't reach 25 then the board prices go up, if we order more, then prices will remain roughly the same. The 25 boards alone would cost me about $850 delivered to my door. I can probably get a good source on some of the ram chips etc. If anyone else can get these boards (and components) made cheaper then lets hear from you too.
Old 25 January 2013, 20:44   #45
Turran

I think someone better explain what it is. As someone who has never heard about GB1000 and googled it, I just found it its a replacement motherboard for "something" =)

No, I did not dig that deep. Got a good information link?
Old 25 January 2013, 20:47   #46
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
I think someone better explain what it is. As someone who has never heard about GB1000 and googled it, I just found it its a replacement motherboard for "something" =)

No, I did not dig that deep. Got a good information link?
http://www.illuwatar.se/project_page...00/gba1000.htm
Old 25 January 2013, 20:53   #47
Turran

Ah. So its a kit to find the parts and fit yourself, or a fully finished motherboard?
Old 25 January 2013, 20:56   #48
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
Ah. So its a kit to find the parts and fit yourself, or a fully finished motherboard?
Basically it would be up to whoever wants to build one to help each other find the parts etc in order to get it done. Some people (countries) have supplies of specific components where others don't so the more people involved them the better chance of getting it done
Old 25 January 2013, 20:56   #49
Turran

Thanks for the info!
Old 25 January 2013, 21:05   #50
kipper2k

i was looking at the specs of the board and i noticed that the quote i received was for...

Specs -2-Layer FR4 1.6mm 1oz Gold Immersion Green Soldermask White Silkscreen,not v- bevel edge
dimensions – 340.7x314mm

so i sent off an email for clarification
Old 25 January 2013, 22:04   #51
PJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
i think there are a lot of fingers in this pie. I can check for prices at my end for some of these components but before i invest too much of my own money (and time) to buy things i think we will need some serious comittment from people to make sure that people don't turn tail and run and we get enough interest for the 25 (or even more). I would probably like to keep a few of them for me . If we can't reach 25 then the board prices go up, if we order more, then prices will remain roughly the same. The 25 boards alone would cost me about $850 delivered to my door. I can probably get a good source on some of the ram chips etc. If anyone else can get these boards (and components) made cheaper then lets hear from you too.
If we do this everyone should be paid up for the board before the order is placed. I'll do some digging on components.
Old 25 January 2013, 22:32   #52
AmigaGTI

Well, a few facts about the GBA 1000:

- The Rev. 4 Boarad can be used with other Agnus Chips like the Rev.1 Board, which can only be used with A3000 compatible Agnus Versions. This is a reason for the Rev. 4
- The 030 Board is very great. But there are some parts not easy to get. Remember that is not a Minimig that you build! There are many errors at the soldering you can do. I have search my errors at a long time!
- Dont use the 48MHz oszilator - use a 50 MHz oszilator, the Board runs better! Not only faster!
- The PicassoII version for this computer is good, but you need a very rare GAL at IC8 from National not from Lattice!

Here a video from me: [ Show youtube player ]

Facts about the 060 version of it:
- YES! It is real!

Look there: http://www.amiga.org/gallery/index.php?n=3744

I got one of these boards. All parts arrived and now i am on work to finished it.
- There are onyl 12! Boards worldwide - all sold into a few minutes.
- The 060 is on the Board an sould work with 80MHz and 64MB SD-RAM
- It is NOT sure that there will me more in some time. We got NO Datas from it, all ready soldered Board go back to Georg and he take it to life!
- Many many fine pitch parts must be soldered. No easy work. To solder the A4000T Board is some like for kids vs. the GBA1060 Board!

AND:
Remember, yoou need a complete A1000 for case, keyboard, supply, etc. This make the project expensive.

my2cents

Old 25 January 2013, 22:34   #53
AmigaGTI

Quote:
The most parts of it are available in new. That is not a problem. But the original Amiga Parts to get, is a little bit tricky.

Old 25 January 2013, 23:45   #54
PJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaGTI View Post

To solder the A4000T Board is some like for kids vs. the GBA1060 Board!

AND:
Remember, yoou need a complete A1000 for case, keyboard, supply, etc. This make the project expensive.

my2cents
I was reading about these on a1k.org. Did I read correctly that someone got some a4000t blank motherboards and now they are attempting to build them?

Very cool.
Old 25 January 2013, 23:51   #55
AmigaGTI

Quote:
I was reading about these on a1k.org. Did I read correctly that someone got some a4000t blank motherboards and now they are attempting to build them?

Very cool.
Yes, this is real too.

One Member of a1k.org has bought from Amiga Technologies, when they have closed the factory, some blank A4000T Boards. Some members of a1k.org have start to finished it. Some boards work now - other, me too, have buying parts, but not finished at the moment. There was many problems, like no Bridgette Chip. Some of us have redesign the Bridgette chip un repalce it with a CLPD. Missing Audio/Video Board and Floppy Board have redesigned and can be buy now als blank PCB with parts.

Yes, we in germany are very crazy with Amiga

Old 26 January 2013, 01:09   #56
klx300r

@ kipper2k

I'm hoping to be getting my hands on of the GB1000 boards that were originally made in 2008. I can send the board off to you if that would help out the cause so just let me know.
Old 26 January 2013, 01:17   #57
PJM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
@ kipper2k

I'm hoping to be getting my hands on of the GB1000 boards that were originally made in 2008. I can send the board off to you if that would help out the cause so just let me know.
That's a different, older revision board you are buying.
Old 26 January 2013, 01:25   #58
PJM

Quote:
the board has -04 on it so i am assuming it is the rev 4.

Anyone know what a reasonable price for the 68030's are going for nowadays ?
The style of 030 used on this is a bit more expensive. Later versions seemed to move to a different packaging. $20-30 seems to be the norm although a 25mhz one went for 25p on uk eBay! Shame this board doesn't use 040 as a guy is selling them cheap on Amibay.
Old 26 January 2013, 04:28   #59
klx300r

Quote:
That's a different, older revision board you are buying.
hmm so what exactly are the differences between the two
Old 26 January 2013, 06:11   #60
kipper2k

K,

I apologise for the wrong quote on the motherboard production, it was assessed as a 2 layer instead of 4 layer.

sooooo...

Specs -4-Layer FR4 1.6mm 1oz Gold Immersion Green Soldermask White Silkscreen,not v- bevel edge
dimensions – 340.7x314mm
PCB lead time is 10workdays.

Correct price is $40 each delivered to my door, expect about $6 - $10 extra per board dependent on whether i get knobbled by customs or not. (i still think its a great price). It is now more important for people to be serious about wanting a board as it is tying up about $1000 - $1100 of my cash