English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - General

Old 14 August 2019, 19:10   #121
DamienD
Global Moderator

Enough of the personal attacks please both Hewitson and Puggsy.
Old 14 August 2019, 19:22   #122
Hewitson

No worries, I'm just going to say that some of you people need to take a good hard look in the mirror. You accuse me of being everything wrong with EAB, then in that very same post you display the same sort of behaviour that you're criticising me for.

There's an awful lot of hypocrisy in this thread.
Old 14 August 2019, 20:53   #123
trixster
Guru Meditating

If this threads doesn't drive people away from EAB then nothing will. Some of the posts in here are bloody shameful.
Old 14 August 2019, 21:10   #124
DamienD
Global Moderator

I know it's not pretty; but sometimes things like this need to be discussed.

As a community we shouldn't be supporting the type of behaviour that Amiten displays time and time again...

I'll move it to the OT - General section for now, where it's slightly less visible.

Same for the jojo073 thread.
Old 14 August 2019, 21:43   #125
kikems

At this point in the conversation I would like to specify some concepts, because, in moments, driven by emotions, I think the origin of the thread is lost.
In my point of view, it is normal in any community that when someone scams or has an irregular behavior, users comment and alert the rest of the community as in this thread. Of course, we have to be very serious with the accusations and only do them when they are really demonstrable.
Because this things I think that threads and discussions like this are normal and even necessary to regulate the health of our hobby.

Of course anyone can make a mistake or just have a bad day, but when that is continuous situation then it becomes a chronic problem.

For me when someone sells something, it is very important that be honest. Unfortunately in recent times I have seen many users supporting fraudulent projects and being knowledgeable and therefore participating in it. Unfortunately there are users who do not care about anything, they only want Amiga games at any price, even at the expense of community health. For other people like me, any game not justifies cheating users, I imagine it is a matter of having different priorities o values.

I understand that we cannot control what other users do and possibly we should not do it and more if it is with their own money,

These days I have read things about ripped graphics or copyrighted material, whether it is right or wrong.
I think that We should not go crazy either, any free project is always welcome, I think that in those cases it is not important if it has copyrighted material or not, I receive it as a homebrew project that another user freely shares with the community and if the author of this production be honest and someone voluntary want send some money or gift as support , it’s fine for me.
Another very different thing is when someone hides that he has not performed the music, makes the graphics or anything else to justify the economic value of his product, is that case is clearly a scam and an inappropriate way of acting in the community that It finally hurts us all. Usually it's a lamer , lamers never be welcome.

What is the solution ? Really is hard to say. I think that you must first detect what harms the community and once detected and checked.... retro News portal, forums, and any media of showing Amiga projects and of course the rest of users from their FB, Twitter, etc ... should stop help and stop promote these fraudulent projects and users, since otherwise they would be participating in them and contributing to the problem continuing.
Old 14 August 2019, 22:36   #126
kikems

Here I have read before , "leave the drama in Spain".
The drama is here and IRN, and sure continue in other places because until now this was the mainly platforms for promote this scam projects , in Spain since 3 years ago that we have no drama, 95% of the users, forums, YT channels, retro news portals, etc ... stopped supporting and showing these users and their fraudulent projects and the problem end for us.
Now I'm sure that this users are opening new accounts in other forums, FB, Twitter, etc... for continue.
Unfortunately, this will never end until they stop receiving support from the community. Only then can they rethink things and start behaving properly.
I hope all change in the future, people like Amiten or Jojo who dedicates so many efforts to Amiga things, they would be very appreciated users of the community if they knew how to behave properly and were more honest.
Old 14 August 2019, 22:52   #127
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I know it's not pretty; but sometimes things like this need to be discussed.
As a community we shouldn't be supporting the type of behaviour that Amiten displays time and time again...
I'll move it to the OT - General section for now, where it's slightly less visible.
Same for the jojo073 thread.
I wouldn't move threads discussing Amiten's behaviour to a place where it will be automatically pruned after a certain amount of time.
We should keep record of such situations instead of pruning it and closing the eyes...

[...] <- (see here)

"Amiga Scene" was the appropriate place. A stated, "Amiga Scene" is for "Comment and discuss about the latest news, rumours..."
Old 14 August 2019, 23:05   #128
DamienD
Global Moderator

Threads under this section are not pruned for 1 year

...it can stay here for now, to take focus off EAB and until all this calms down a bit.

I can move it elsewhere in say 3 months time or whatever.
Old 15 August 2019, 01:09   #129
kikems

Anyway, these users can use their own websites, YT, FB, Twitter, etc ... to promote their productions in any way they wish.
That way it is already the responsibility of each user to join their groups or not, without the need to involve other people in common places such as this forum or IRN.
I think this is the way in which everyone here stays calm and they imagine that too since I don't think they like to talk about them from here.

I hope these users read this and also take note, to stop talking about EAB or IRN on their websites or FB or Twitter accounts.

I Think this is the best way in which everyone can choose their own path.
Old 16 August 2019, 14:51   #130
Marchie

This has been a fascinating read. Lots of history here....
Old 11 September 2019, 21:46   #131
DamienD
Global Moderator

What's even more fascinating is this post on Amiten's website:

Did you have to look up "cessation" to find out the meaning i.e. "the fact or process of ending or being brought to an end"?

Yeah it's all EAB's fault for exposing you as a scammer... of course nothing at all to do with your unethical practises / morals / history over the many years

Anyway, last thing I say on the subject.

Last edited by DamienD; 11 September 2019 at 22:30.
Old 11 September 2019, 21:57   #132
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Why is this shit in cool section of EAB?

All the love for Amiten works should be moved to Kinky Amiga Stuff subforum.
Old 11 September 2019, 22:03   #133
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Why is this shit in cool section of EAB?
You answered your own question; as it's totally "Off Topic" and away from the main EAB stuff
Old 11 September 2019, 23:46   #134
Havie

Quote:
What's even more fascinating is this post on Amiten's website:

Did you have to look up "cessation" to find out the meaning i.e. "the fact or process of ending or being brought to an end"?

Yeah it's all EAB's fault for exposing you as a scammer... of course nothing at all to do with your unethical practises / morals / history over the many years

Anyway, last thing I say on the subject.
This would seem to me that someone has too much time on their hands...

Stumped as to what to say other than let's focus on the positive developments happening such as Rygar, Inviyya, Scorpion Engine and Metro Seige etc. These are the sorts of things that keep me interested in the Amiga and inspire me to keep programming (albeit slowly) my own stuff. Thanks guys (and I include all the etc. guys I haven't mentioned).

And let's not forget Neil and his tireless efforts - IRN is a daily pleasure.

Nuff said.
Old 12 September 2019, 00:19   #135
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havie View Post
This would seem to me that someone has too much time on their hands...
Nope, just randomly clicked on a link somewhere that led to Amiten's website; where I was presented with the lovely message blaming EAB for everything; as per usual.
Old 12 September 2019, 07:26   #136
LongLifeA1200

I liked AmitenTV, then he took the fun out of supporting him with that "Graphics by Amiten" nonsense.
Old 12 September 2019, 07:52   #137
Havie

Quote:
Nope, just randomly clicked on a link somewhere that led to Amiten's website; where I was presented with the lovely message blaming EAB for everything; as per usual.
I meant him not you...
Old 12 September 2019, 13:04   #138
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Quote:
You answered your own question; as it's totally "Off Topic" and away from the main EAB stuff

You are ruining best section of EAB with this non-sense. I'm telling you, love for Amiten should go to Kinky section, with all kinky homebrew pr0n you guys made...

Now to be off topic, what the hell is antstream??

Last edited by Anubis; 12 September 2019 at 14:21.
Old 12 September 2019, 13:23   #139
nobody

Has amiten completed any game without having issues (ripped stuff etc)? Using ripped stuff is... OK only if the game is fine, has good performance and of course is free.
Old 12 September 2019, 14:42   #140
Hewitson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
Has amiten completed any game without having issues (ripped stuff etc)? Using ripped stuff is... OK only if the game is fine, has good performance and of course is free.
Yeah, I've seen a few "games" of his that don't appear to use ripped graphics. The crappy Space Invaders clone, for example.