English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 26 January 2012, 06:29   #41
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

Bloodwych, have you found any nice Copper Demon alternatives for people with ECS?
Old 26 January 2012, 12:42   #42
Bloodwych

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Bloodwych, have you found any nice Copper Demon alternatives for people with ECS?
There is stripes: http://aminet.net/package/misc/antiq/Stripes

can't think of anymore.

EDIT: Found another called MrCopper: http://aminet.net/package/game/gag/mrcopper

Last edited by Bloodwych; 26 January 2012 at 13:14.
Old 27 January 2012, 10:56   #43
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
So glad your putting some time and effort into this

Blue,white and orange are the classic WB colours
Old 27 January 2012, 16:58   #44
Bloodwych

The new packs are out!!!!!

WB 1.3 theme here we come!

Any errors, please let me know.
Old 27 January 2012, 22:47   #45
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwych View Post
The new packs are out!!!!!

WB 1.3 theme here we come!

Any errors, please let me know.
Just tried the 68k version with the 1.3 theme and it works great.

Good to see Packmaster in the 68k version too.
Old 27 January 2012, 23:11   #46
Bloodwych

Thanks Whitesnake; I put Packmaster in to add right click "unarchiving" support in Workbench under "Actions". It should dump the file in A-Temp, or SYS:Temp.

Reason I never added it before was I just assumed everyone would use Dopus ArcExt button which I setup to handle most archives. But since it's in the LITE version, no reason why it can't be in the 68k.
Old 29 January 2012, 00:42   #47
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

Some feedback: I've noticed that buttons on workbench apps tend to look inverted like they are already pushed down and non clickable elements have the reverse look like they are buttons.

it can be confusing if you are using apps you are not familiar with.

Just found that a little confusing. Not sure if you can fix that or not because you are using 3.1 as a foundation.
Old 29 January 2012, 09:55   #48
Bloodwych

Hi whitesnake, I think this is what you are referring too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalH View Post
Might I suggest one possible optimization, at least for the WB itself - go into Palette prefs and swap "Bright Edges" and "Dark Edges"? It always irked the hell out of me that Commodore swapped the black and white pens between the 1.x look and the 2.x look.
That's how it was on WB 1.3 - light and dark border areas around buttons were the other way around. If you look at the windows, the dark edge is on the top and the bright edge the bottom. On Workbench 2.1+, it's the other way around.

I'll look into it and see if it spoils anything going back to the default arrangement - you can change it yourself under Palette "Bright Edges" and "Dark Edges". As you'll see, they are inverted at the moment.
Old 29 January 2012, 13:25   #49
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

Quote:
Hi whitesnake, I think this is what you are referring too:

That's how it was on WB 1.3 - light and dark border areas around buttons were the other way around. If you look at the windows, the dark edge is on the top and the bright edge the bottom. On Workbench 2.1+, it's the other way around.

I'll look into it and see if it spoils anything going back to the default arrangement - you can change it yourself under Palette "Bright Edges" and "Dark Edges". As you'll see, they are inverted at the moment.
Yeah, I had a fiddle around with the palette and switched the black and white around, but it spoils the overall look of everything else. No worries.
Old 01 February 2012, 14:28   #50
Bloodwych

Actually, it's only the 2.1 version that can't be changed around.

The 3.0/1 versions (68k and LITE) can have the normal bright/dark edges settings (and the Workbench clock the correct colour!)
Old 02 February 2012, 02:06   #51
TTD

Send a message via MSN to TTD
Hi Bloodwych,

Just some small feedbacks for your work.

I have try with a setup like my a500+.
I have changed something so it's not original chips in the a500+ because I got no picture, or bad picture so change it to NTSC Agnus 2MB which I had from a defect DCE mini meg (I only have 1MB) and OCS Denise taken from an a500 I cann't boot on with rev 5 proparly or lower

I have 8MB Fastmem on my NTSC a500+, and 2 small SCSI disks to test Classic WB using GAAE theme.

I did discover some problems when insert Workbench 2.1 floppy the version library is 38 but in install.script it says 37?
Which should be on Workbench 2.04 and it requires the Workbench 2.1 to work just reference to the info text, and when using Workbench 2.1 floppy it gave me Version not correct error, maybe I did something wrong.

I did change the script so it needs to be 38 and remove FILE after since it also gave me some kind of problems then it continue like a charm.

Well I try transfer the system to my real amiga, asap but have it running now on WinUAE.

Keep up the good work with thoese classicwb.
Old 02 February 2012, 10:57   #52
Bloodwych

Thanks for the feedback TTD. Not sure what's going on there. I have tested that script in the past with Workbench 2.0 and 2.1 disk - it did work correctly, giving version incorrect for Workbench 2.0 and correct for Workbench 2.1

I'll take another look at it however as something silly may have happened when I was releasing the pack.

EDIT: I used to support Workbench 2.0 disks, so it looks like a throughback to that in the script. I am confused however why in my WinUAE test, it installs fine with a Workbench 2.1 disk when for you it fails? I'll tidy it up regardless. Thanks for pointing that out.

UPDATE: Fixed and re-upped. It was caused by differences between Workbench 2.0 and 2.1 Version commands. The 37 line didn't really matter, as it still passes any version number higher than 37 (but it should have been 38 for WB 2.1 as you said) which is why it slipped by in testing.

Last edited by Bloodwych; 02 February 2012 at 17:22.
Old 02 February 2012, 23:51   #53
TTD

Your work Bloodwych,

I have maybe think on a solution for that install.script maybe you should ask user for Workbench 2.0 or Workbench 2.1? (idea?)

Maybe check for version 37 of version.library if user choose Workbench 2.0 (which should indicated ofcource Workbench 2.0) logic

When user tells use Workbench2.1 then it should check version 38 of version.library else all others incorrect version and end, that should do the trick, I would guess.

I have try another test with Workbench 2.1 on WinUAE which I create maybe I should try your script with my original Workbench 2.0 must try that when I have made the ADF file, I use alot of time just testing, Workbench2.1 atm on WinUAE.

Also just figure out that my extras original Extras2.0 is damage or cannot read correctly.

But it works with 2.1 so I guees it cannot be the floppydrive when other floppies reads correctly, damm so my original Workbench2.0 set on Extras2.0 (PartNr. 367824-01) is corrupt.

Read Errors on track 4-8, 10, 12, 14, 17-22 & 79 Files damage even try salvage these files with size the x number after name of file:
In Tools folder
BRU 101832, HDBackup 83248, PrintFiles 2196, IconEdit 46584 is damaged files and folder

In Tools/Commodities folder
AutoPoint 7546, Blanker 12092, ClickToFront 8172, Fkey 18496, Ihelp 7920 is damaged files and folder.

Just hope I can get these files elsewhere no clue where to get these.

Update where?

Edit: Sorry for double post - Hope that Bloodwych read my last post then.

Last edited by TTD; 24 March 2012 at 03:51. Reason: What I was last here
Old 24 March 2012, 03:49   #54
TTD

I have discover a new guru error #80000003 when using 68000 CPU setup both in WinUAE and real amiga hardware it gives me PackMast when change the CPU type to 68EC020 it works on WinUAE but hard to change CPU easy on real hardware so is there any Packmaster (Unarchiver for 68000 setup only)
Old 31 March 2012, 15:29   #55
Bloodwych

Hmmm, I'll have a look at that TTD, thanks for the feedback. I thought I tested it and it worked, oh well. There is no other version of Packmaster - you may have to replace it with an alternative, but off the top of my head I'm not sure what for 68000 CPU's.

Dopus of course is set up to handle most archives however. Just select files and use the "UnArc" button.
Old 17 April 2012, 23:53   #56
TTD

Is it possible that Packmast use some kind of libs that is 68020 instead, or is packmast truely need of that 68020 cpu code.

Which I could code on amiga, but dont have skills for that, maybe someone can make a 68000 version of Packmast, I don't care if it takes 15 minutes to unpack some stuff, just it can handle same formats on 68000.

Any other news for a fix for PackMast?
Old 20 April 2012, 00:01   #57
Bloodwych

I'll try and remember to look this weekend, but if PackMaster doesn't work then the only fix is to remove it or replace it.
Old 04 May 2012, 01:49   #58
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

Maybe you could add most of PackMasters functionality into DOpus? it is modular that way right?
Old 08 May 2012, 22:24   #59
spannernick
Retro Nuts

Quote:
I'll try and remember to look this weekend, but if PackMaster doesn't work then the only fix is to remove it or replace it.
Hi Bloodwych...I have installed the LITE version on my Stock A1200,can i change the theme to the WB 1.2/3 theme,if so how do I or do I have to install it again...???

Last edited by spannernick; 08 May 2012 at 23:25.
Old 25 May 2012, 22:00   #60
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

I nice option would be ClassicWB Lite with the original 3.1 icon set rather than MagicWB, any missing icons required could be done in the same style as the 3.1s icon set.

Kind of similar to what you have done with 1.3.