Reth

Any news on this?
Old 27 October 2015, 23:40   #42
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@Reth please post fs-uae.log.txt.
Old 28 October 2015, 21:05   #43
Reth

Logfile attached (still from version 2.7.3dev).
Attached Files
File Type: zip fs-uae.log.zip (13.8 KB, 380 views)
Old 28 October 2015, 22:32   #44
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@Reth attached config was from 2.6.1 (?)

I see you are using the latest qemu-uae version. There has been reported issues with this version, and it will probably be rolled back. Can you delete the qemu-uae plugin, install the previous version (http://fs-uae.net/devel/plugins/qemu...indows_x86.zip) and see if it starts working again?
Old 05 November 2015, 16:22   #45
Reth

@FrodeSolheim:

Yes, config was from 2.6.1. Now using the old qemu plugin together with 2.6.2 (portable version). FS-UAE is booting again into AOS4 - but there is now one major problem: Mouse / Touchpad is not recognised any more! When I am moving the mouse or clicking over/within FS-UAE-AOS4-Window nothing happens! Mouse pointer does not move and clicks are not recognized within AOS4.

After removing portable edition and installing 2.6.2 windows suite mouse is working fine again.
Also in constellation of 2.6.2 and latest QEmu Plugin I cannot type hash key in emulation any more and cursor keys do not move cursor any longer (from HP 6830s Laptop using Vista Home Basic). IIRC this was possible in 2.6.1 and older QEmu version.

Any ideas/hints on this?

BTW: 2.7.4dev crashes still with old version of qemu plugin.

Last edited by Reth; 07 November 2015 at 23:42.
Old 02 December 2015, 20:48   #46
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@Reth in version 2.5.34dev, "Switched default key mapping for host backslash and insert keys", so the problem with the hash key is probably due to the change in default key mapping. The default key mapping properly documented here now, btw: https://github.com/FrodeSolheim/fs-u...cs/keyboard.md.

As for cursor keys not working, presumably that's because the cursor keys are used for joystick emulation. Either insert a real joystick/gamepad, or make sure "No Host Device" is inserted into the joystick port instead of "Keyboard".

And finally, please make sure to test with the latest qemu-uae plugin (3.8.1) available from http://fs-uae.net/plugins.
Old 14 January 2016, 13:27   #47
elowan

how is performace? does sound and internet work? are old apps and games running (by emulating amiga system) at o.k. speed?

Cheers!

Last edited by elowan; 14 January 2016 at 14:33.
Old 15 February 2016, 04:03   #48
asapreta

I have OS4.1 up and running but I still can't use directory hard drives.
Are they still incompatible with OS4.1 setup in FS-UAE?
Latest dev version here (2.7.7)

(if I try to boot the system with one directory hard drives selected) system goes directly to the CLI window with no system.
Old 15 February 2016, 15:32   #49
amigafreak68k

The special UAE extensions (directory hard drives, uaegfx.device, etc.) aren't working in current FS-UAE. Only WinUAE in current beta versions support it. Maybe these extensions come to FS-UAE with the next releases.
Old 15 February 2016, 23:38   #50
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigafreak68k View Post
Maybe these extensions come to FS-UAE with the next releases.
When I start including updates from the new WinUAE beta series, it should start working in FS-UAE as well. I'm not doing this right now, as I'm currently rather working towards a new stable FS-UAE release.
Old 16 February 2016, 10:31   #51
asapreta

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigafreak68k View Post
The special UAE extensions (directory hard drives, uaegfx.device, etc.) aren't working in current FS-UAE. Only WinUAE in current beta versions support it. Maybe these extensions come to FS-UAE with the next releases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
When I start including updates from the new WinUAE beta series, it should start working in FS-UAE as well. I'm not doing this right now, as I'm currently rather working towards a new stable FS-UAE release.
Thanks guys for the answers.

But these features are not working when OS 4.1 is the system, right ? Because I'm able to use directory hard drives with older OS versions.

And keep the good work, its awesome.
Old 26 February 2016, 01:07   #52
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asapreta View Post
But these features are not working when OS 4.1 is the system, right ? Because I'm able to use directory hard drives with older OS versions.
Yes, amigafreak68k's comment was specific to AmigaOS 4.1
Old 23 March 2016, 16:03   #53
electron

Hello,

I have a question about the performance, I installed in a 2.6.2 fs-usa version Amiga OS4.1
and everything works fine but the performance from my host system (macbook pro 2012) goes really HOT becaue I boot just into my amiga os and after that I open the amiga browser and after that my Macbook getting soooooo HOT I cant work so with the OS4.1 maybe my macbook will melt down !!! what can I do ???

Old 27 March 2016, 18:42   #54
lewren

After following the 'network' setup part of the first page of this thread, OS4 gives me the following error after reboot:
Sub Nar 27 18:39:09 2016 [error]: Could not open "eternet.device" unit 0 (Device/unit failed to open).

Not sure why this is, does anyone?

Old 05 April 2016, 19:36   #55
radzik

Is FS-UAE 2.6.2 working with Zorro III RAM as SWAP in AmigaOS 4.1?
Old 27 November 2016, 11:25   #56
RussDCA

It's been years, so I decided to try & get back into my Amiga.

Last night I purchased the AmigaOS4.1 FE iso, dug out all my old folders & started setting up FS-UAE. I think I have all of the necessary files, but I clearly have something out of joint.

When clicking start, FS-UAE tells me: Cannot find the required ROM file: 'cyberstormppc.rom'.

Now I have a few versions of this (44.67, 44.69 & 44.71), but no amount of moving them (individually or all together) or renaming them one by one seems to be picked up by the emulator.

I will take this opportunity to mention that I've also downloaded CAPSImg & QEMU-UAE from the fs-uae website. They've been placed in the Plugins folder & inside those are folders for Linux, OSX (Me), SteamOS & Windows. There's further subfolders. Now last night, I'm sure I read something about either compiling or 'building' those plugins, but to be frank, I have no idea what that means & today can't find where that was mentioned.

Can anyone point me to my glaringly obvious mistake?

Kind regards, Russ.

Old 27 November 2016, 13:02   #57
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@RussDCA cyberstormppc.rom needs to be placed in the "Kickstarts" folder (Documents/FS-UAE/Kickstarts).

(About the plugins, sounds like you have installed the correctly. Building/compiling plugins is not meant for regular users )
Old 27 November 2016, 13:08   #58
RussDCA

Holy carp it worked. I had my files in my 'custom' folder.

Fun installing today then, thank you FrodeSolheim.

Huh: I've got to the menu after holding ESC at boot, but once I set what's needed in the CyberstormPPC boot menu & hit Save, the emulator closes after a couple of seconds.

A little more fiddling needed I think.

Last edited by RussDCA; 27 November 2016 at 14:18. Reason: Additional comments

Old 28 November 2016, 11:12   #59
RussDCA

Hi,

Just after th Blount in which the installs initialises the PPC plugin, I am seeing th following message. Any idea why I am seeing it? I'm guessing I have another file out of place.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gs5vbqpx68...ssage.jpg?dl=0

Thanks, Russ.

Old 28 November 2016, 11:14   #60
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@RussDCA Make sure you are not using directory hard drives, UAE bsdsocket.library, or similar. These are not compatible with AmigaOS 4 (not until I catch up to the latest WinUAE developments).