English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 12 March 2009, 12:31   #1
Neutrino

Scale fullscreen mode independently?

My WinUAE setup in windowed mode looks great. I'm using the OpenGL filter settings and the picture is pin sharp, centered, and I can see the LED UI at the bottom of the screen. But when I switch into full screen mode it's not so great.

My screen under the display settings is set to 1680x1050 which is the monitors native resolution, no matter what resolution I choose it's going to look bad if the output fills the screen in fullscreen mode because my monitor is so large, so what I'm trying to achieve is a view in fullscreen mode where the output is smaller than fullscreen surrounded by a black border.

I've tried adjusting the filter settings but with no joy. I find that if I adjust the vertical and horizontal scaling instead of a black border I get visual noise at the screen edges. Also adjusting the scaling in full screen mode messes up the settings for windowed mode.

Is there anyway to adjust the settings for fullscreen and windowed mode separately?

Old 12 March 2009, 17:08   #2
Ed Cruse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
My WinUAE setup in windowed mode looks great. I'm using the OpenGL filter settings and the picture is pin sharp, centered, and I can see the LED UI at the bottom of the screen. But when I switch into full screen mode it's not so great.

My screen under the display settings is set to 1680x1050 which is the monitors native resolution, no matter what resolution I choose it's going to look bad if the output fills the screen in fullscreen mode because my monitor is so large, so what I'm trying to achieve is a view in fullscreen mode where the output is smaller than fullscreen surrounded by a black border.

I've tried adjusting the filter settings but with no joy. I find that if I adjust the vertical and horizontal scaling instead of a black border I get visual noise at the screen edges. Also adjusting the scaling in full screen mode messes up the settings for windowed mode.

Is there anyway to adjust the settings for fullscreen and windowed mode separately?
I'll take a stab at it. I think if you use Full-Window mode and the Amiga resolution is smaller then the Windows resolution you'll get the Amiga with a black border around it. It's also possible that Full-Window doesn't use the filters, not sure, so that would not mess up your Windowed mode settings.

I'm going by memory, I don't normally use Full-Window mode, I use Full-Screen mode instead, but I have tried it in the past.