English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 08 February 2019, 19:42   #121
bytestorm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: sweden
Posts: 36
is there going to be any new hardware revision any time soon or should I buy now?
(if its availible in the EU? seems to be out of stock everywhere :S )

Wicher 500i rev 2c is the latest right?

Last edited by bytestorm; 09 February 2019 at 00:12.
bytestorm is offline  
Old 11 February 2019, 17:42   #122
spidi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Wroclaw/Poland
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytestorm View Post
is there going to be any new hardware revision any time soon or should I buy now?
(if its availible in the EU? seems to be out of stock everywhere :S )

Wicher 500i rev 2c is the latest right?

Rev.2c version is the latest. Soon there will be another delivery to sellers.
spidi is offline  
Old 11 February 2019, 20:23   #123
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop
Methanoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Roman Verulamium
Age: 53
Posts: 1,746
Buy mine. Unused since new ;-)

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
Methanoid is offline  
Old 19 March 2019, 04:29   #124
lesta_smsc
Registered User

lesta_smsc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
Buy mine. Unused since new ;-)

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
How much?
lesta_smsc is offline  
Old 04 April 2019, 18:09   #125
jbilander
Registered User

jbilander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidi View Post
Rev.2c version is the latest. Soon there will be another delivery to sellers.

Any news on that new batch? "Out of stock" everywhere...

Also, will it boot a CF card with a patched Kick 1.3 now?
jbilander is offline  
Old 04 April 2019, 19:38   #126
wizard1
Registered User

 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: New Ross /Wexford/ Ireland
Posts: 38
I could never get mine past cli. gave up, might have wrecked it taking out my cf card to see if it was hot swappable. machine went crazy, screeching from sound and lights flashing. dont know if it needs or can be repaired. went with ACA500 plus instead
wizard1 is offline  
Old 16 June 2019, 18:28   #127
Philyon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: France
Posts: 36
No new cards available soon... ?
Philyon is offline  
Old 16 June 2019, 22:52   #128
spidi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Wroclaw/Poland
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philyon View Post
No new cards available soon... ?

Soon there will be another batch of cards.
spidi is offline  
Old 18 June 2019, 19:33   #129
DataBasic
Registered User

 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Mansfield / UK
Posts: 4
How do I get a second hard drive recognised?
I have a cable that accepts 2 IDE drives and have 2 IDE/CF adaptors plugged into it. I've tried changing the master/slave jumpers on the IDE/CF adaptors but I only ever get 1 drive being detected.
The cable and both CF adaptors work fine when plugged into an A1200 IDE.
DataBasic is offline  
Old 18 June 2019, 23:19   #130
spidi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Wroclaw/Poland
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by DataBasic View Post
How do I get a second hard drive recognised?
I have a cable that accepts 2 IDE drives and have 2 IDE/CF adaptors plugged into it. I've tried changing the master/slave jumpers on the IDE/CF adaptors but I only ever get 1 drive being detected.
The cable and both CF adaptors work fine when plugged into an A1200 IDE.

Probably one of the adapters incorrectly supports the selection of Master / Slave modes.
The IDE controller in Wicher500i can handle two IDE devices without problems. The following video shows the connected HDD and CDROM.


[ Show youtube player ]
spidi is offline  
Old 02 July 2019, 14:42   #131
Philyon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: France
Posts: 36
I'm about to buy a used Rev 2.a and just want to know what the later b and c revisions added please ?

Last edited by Philyon; 02 July 2019 at 15:03.
Philyon is offline  
Old 02 July 2019, 19:51   #132
duga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philyon View Post
I'm about to buy a used Rev 2.a and just want to know what the later b and c revisions added please ?
Hints can be seen here: https://retro.7-bit.pl/download/Wicher/ChangeLog.txt
duga is offline  
Old 11 October 2019, 10:04   #133
acerRI
Registered User

 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Rijeka, Croatia
Posts: 6
Yesterday got my card, ordered from Sordano.
I have installed Kickstart 3.1.4 from Hyperion also, since i want to install AmigaOS.

But i cannot enter boot menu while holding left mouse button during power up or restart.
What i am doing wrong?

Card compatilble with KS 3.1.4?

I can boot to workbench or start game from gotek.

Any help?
acerRI is offline  
Old 11 October 2019, 11:16   #134
spidi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Wroclaw/Poland
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by acerRI View Post
Yesterday got my card, ordered from Sordano.
I have installed Kickstart 3.1.4 from Hyperion also, since i want to install AmigaOS.

But i cannot enter boot menu while holding left mouse button during power up or restart.
What i am doing wrong?

Card compatilble with KS 3.1.4?

I can boot to workbench or start game from gotek.

Any help?

For the WicherBootMenu to work, you must use the LoadModule program. Syntax below
C:LoadModule >NIL: DEVS:WicherBootMenu
This entry should be placed at the beginning of Startup-Sequence file.

WicherBootMenu is not a program, it is a kickstart module so you have to use it for example to create your own kickstart or to load with LoadModule.
spidi is offline  
Old 11 October 2019, 12:15   #135
Unkown
The Old Fart!

Unkown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Last Seen In Purgatory!
Age: 53
Posts: 91
Very nice indeed real shame i don't own any type of amiga atm... great job.
Unkown is offline  
Old 11 October 2019, 23:33   #136
acerRI
Registered User

 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Rijeka, Croatia
Posts: 6
Another issue, cf or hdd are not recognized by system.
When i boot Amiga with Wicher install disk i got some kind of shell and by typing "wicher status" i got that ide is on but cf card or hdd are not recognized?
acerRI is offline  
Old 12 October 2019, 00:13   #137
spidi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Wroclaw/Poland
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by acerRI View Post
Another issue, cf or hdd are not recognized by system.
When i boot Amiga with Wicher install disk i got some kind of shell and by typing "wicher status" i got that ide is on but cf card or hdd are not recognized?

You must install operating system on this CF card.
spidi is offline  
Old 12 October 2019, 00:35   #138
acerRI
Registered User

 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Rijeka, Croatia
Posts: 6
Yes but how to install if cf card is not recognized?
When i start HDToolBox from install disk, no drives detected.

Sorry for maybe dumb question, i am not very familiar with Amiga systems.
acerRI is offline  
Old 18 October 2019, 19:59   #139
acerRI
Registered User

 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Rijeka, Croatia
Posts: 6
Manage to get CF card, but after removed all jumpers from board?
acerRI is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wicher 500 - new turbo card for A500 spidi News 43 24 December 2016 13:30
Impossible Mission 2025, WinUAE, A500 and Classic Version problem! BarryB support.Games 18 11 July 2016 19:07
Wanted: 2x internal floppy A500, 1x internal floppy A1000, A500 512kb fastmem high-5 MarketPlace 2 08 January 2010 22:48
Turbo card things Dr. Dude support.Hardware 16 12 August 2004 00:23
Turbo card. Needs a fix Dr. Dude support.Hardware 5 07 July 2004 20:01

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.08911 seconds with 13 queries