English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 27 September 2019, 06:03   #1
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

replace a color with a texture

you know what could be interesting ? it is to replace one color, i think about the background color of a game like black replacing it by a texture or an image or a rainbow effect(copper). It could enhance easily many games which has no background or just one colour.
And it could be applicable just if the surface of black is enough wide (we should be able to set an approximative size.
even no coders could propose great games enhancements.
You know when you are not a coder and you feel that you'll never be! a thing like that should be really good.
And the other thing is that coders have already so much work they don't have the time to change the game's backgrounds on the real thing.
I suppose that it's not easy on a real amiga and it should be time consuming.
If it was easy and fast we should already know.
Toni think about the guys which aren't coders and want to create things and share them with others. And perhaps if somebody make something impressive perhaps a hack could be done on the real miggy.
I think about copper effect.
ps: like usual if you don't like the idea or if it's too complicated or take too much time forget about it. I'll try to post a snapshot of what it could look.
See you tomorrow. I'll put the snapshot whatever.

Last edited by turrican3; 27 September 2019 at 06:09.
Old 27 September 2019, 07:49   #2
britelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican3 View Post
Toni think about the guys which aren't coders and want to create things and share them with others.
Translation: I want to make things, but I don't want to actually learn to do anything.

And your suggestion is probably way more hassle than it's worth. Replacing one single color in an image means ALL graphics using that particular color would be affected, not just the background. Not to mention things like scrolling and so on.

EDIT: And if you really want to try something like this out, then just make a custom shader for the task. No need to bother Toni with these kind of requests.

Last edited by britelite; 27 September 2019 at 07:58.
Old 27 September 2019, 08:31   #3
Rotareneg

Actually, that is sort of already in WinUAE: It can emulate a genlock and replace the background color with a still image or even video.
Old 27 September 2019, 12:43   #4
DamienD
Banned

Another crazy idea turrican3; without much thought about how it would be possible or what negative effects it could have

Quote:
Originally Posted by britelite View Post
No need to bother Toni with these kind of requests.
Agreed, I really don't know why you keep bothering Toni with these requests about "hacking" games turrican3...

Toni is an emulator author and keeps everything as real as possble to Amiga hardware.

Last edited by DamienD; 27 September 2019 at 14:38.
Old 28 September 2019, 07:37   #5
Foebane
Banned

Also, wouldn't the original programmers and graphicians of the games object to their work being "modified" (even if it is temporary) and not how they intended them to be perceived?
Old 28 September 2019, 11:21   #6
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by britelite View Post
Translation: I want to make things, but I don't want to actually learn to do anything.

Translation: I'm britelite and i'm going to fast to conclusions.
I know you are a coder from demoscene and believe me you have all my respect for what you accomplished.

@britelite But this time you are going to fast in your conclusions.
You don't know me, i don't know you, that's why i won't say anything about you, never,ever, you should do the same.
I'm not too lazy too learn !
i couldn't learn anything since my tinnitus enter in my life and it's horrible to live ! I know, it's my problem, and you didn't know about it (edited: you are a demomaker and you should understand that, imagine that you can't concentrate anymore, that you can't help your friends to make codes, imagine that you can't learn anything new ??? I know it sounds horrible to you and it is). And perhaps you will say others peoples lives with a tinitus and they can still learn but tinnitus can come from many sources brain,heart,etc, etc... With different intensity and believe me, mine is very high, 10 minutes trying to learn something new is just a big pain, even doing colour replacement can trigger my tinnitus like hell. When i was at the hospital telling to the doctor or nurses, who tried to figured out the intensity of my tinnitus, that i wanted to learn netherlands, they told me : No ! it's impossible you will never succeed !!!
My first reaction was: i will, this shit won't break my life.
But they knew better than me, i wasn't for sure the first with this tinnitus intensity.
Look, you don't know me and i don't know you, you don't know what a pain is a tinnitus if you don't have one, and i have not a little one but a big one. I'm somone who loved to learn anything (that's why what you said hurts me), everything interested me and still today but i know now than i'll never learn to code in asm cause of my tinnitus, i don't know if i would have succeed before but i know now that i will never.(iwill never, because they told me so and because i tried like hell and it just make me feel sick and sicker)
Some nerves connected between my brain and my left ear seem to have been degraded and concentrating on something new is just hurting me. I'm sorry, i have to live with it, it could have killed me, and if i haven't a daughter perhaps i couldn't be here today.
But i finished to find a way to live with it and didn't choose the easy way and i'm happy to have do so. But i think i have to talk about it because nobody can understand what is it,
You must have it yourself to understand.
it's not after you because you didn't know my situation. Tinnitus is a big shit ! nobody can see it, nobody cares, because you can't see it and can't even imagine it. I said to myself don't talk about it, it won't be necessary but you have to know that it hurts me every seconds of my life, and its was so strong that my life was in geopardy.
I don't want to attack you nore anyone here, what i have isn't your fault and you didn't know.
But now, you know and i hope you'll understand.

Everybody should look : A star is born : https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/201...bradley-cooper .
ps: i don't drink like the guy in the film, because it could amplify the tinnitus. There is many things that i can't do anymore because of this.

Last edited by turrican3; 28 September 2019 at 12:06.
Old 28 September 2019, 16:11   #7
DamienD
Banned

I'm very sorry to hear that you suffer from severe Tinnitus turrican3

...I can't image what it's like, but I'm sure it's very debilitating and affects all aspects of your life.
Old 29 September 2019, 17:46   #8
Mclane
Old retro god.

I also suffer from it, they tried the earphones and everything else and I'm left with a very severe case of it that is made worse with stress. People have been known to commit suicide to escape from it.

I cope with it, just ....

However, tinnitus does not give you bonkers idea's to annoy Toni with
Old 30 September 2019, 05:33   #9
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foebane View Post
Also, wouldn't the original programmers and graphicians of the games object to their work being "modified" (even if it is temporary) and not how they intended them to be perceived?
The Lewis Galoob Toys, Inc. v. Nintendo of America, Inc. case established the legality of this.
Old 18 October 2019, 08:10   #10
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclane View Post
I also suffer from it, they tried the earphones and everything else and I'm left with a very severe case of it that is made worse with stress. People have been known to commit suicide to escape from it.

I cope with it, just ....

However, tinnitus does not give you bonkers idea's to annoy Toni with
Thank you to share your story a little,
i really hope they will find a cure one day, but it doesn't seem to be a
priority.