English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 10 October 2008, 15:05   #1
snyp
'Difficult'.

Sonic Arranger

hi guys,

i'm working on a windows app to work with music module formats, right now particularly amiga music.

if any of you have any copies of Sonic Arranger, on tool disks or anywhere else at all, i'd really appreciate a link or an upload to the Zone.. i need them to catalogue the replayer code.

i have managed to collect the following versions already;

1.31 (demo)
1.36b (demo)
2.18 (demo)

if any of you have any other versions it would be massively helpful if you could upload them for me. also full versions of 1.31 / 1.36b / 2.18 needed.

many thanks for your help
Old 10 October 2008, 15:38   #2
hit

Edit: hmm, sorry, 1st one was just the cractro

here is another:
ftp://ftp.back2roots.org/pub/amigascne/Sound/
ftp://ftp.back2roots.org/pub/amigasc...rranger144.dms

Last edited by hit; 10 October 2008 at 16:04.
Old 11 October 2008, 10:17   #3
snyp
'Difficult'.

thank you hit, didn't have 1.44 yet.
maybe that's all the versions they released??
Old 11 October 2008, 11:45   #4
blindfold
Zone Friend

Hmmm do you actually make some kind of converter? ^^ I have many SonicArranger music files which I would love to see in XM format!
Old 11 October 2008, 12:28   #5
hit

i guess there are some more out there: the cractro i posted at 1st, was this:
http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=49642
so it seems a "1.3" does exists too. but no others found yet.

Edit. found an intresting german thread:

http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cache...nk&cd=31&gl=de

Quote:
Geschrieben von: Vir Cotto am 20. Feb. 2005, 21:09

Ich bin schon seit über 20 Jahren mit der Programmierung der unterschiedlichsten computer beschäftigt (und zwar bis zum heutigen Tage) Ich habe sogar schon Software Professionell Vermarktet.
wer`s überprüfen möchte : Das Music Programm "Sonic Arranger" auf dem Amiga ist beispielsweise von Mir - Und glaubt mir einen Realtime Software Synthesizer auf der Motorola 6800 CPU zu bewerkstelligen der zudem noch genügend Resourcen für Spiele überlassen soll ist auch nicht wirklich leicht gewesen. Den Vorgänger dieses Programms (Synthesis 4.2) habe ich damals sogar mitsamt des Sourcecodes veröffentlicht - Wenn du meist das sei nen spruch dann kannste ja mal nach Google`n ich bin sicher du würdest was finden !
what he says, is, "Synthesis 4.2" is the predecessor of sonic arranger, which he released, back in time with sourcecode.
ftp://ftp.back2roots.org/pub/amigasc...1stRelease.lha
(not the sourecode release, but the tracker)

just a historical sidenote, i found

Last edited by hit; 11 October 2008 at 13:00.
Old 12 October 2008, 22:25   #6
snyp
'Difficult'.

hit: very cool, thanks! synthesis will be included in the app as a seperate format altogether but the replay code for this will be interesting to reverse engineer. i have yet to catagorise all the sonic-arranger modules i have (modland/unexotica etc).. if noone has made modules under any s.a. version not already collected, they can be safely sub-catagorised under "unknown version" with a generic, non-version-specific replayer because of their rarity. although i did read somewhere that sonic arranger's replayer changed in later versions with a different vibrato/portamento style. it'll be a little tricky.

blindfold: the app is going to be a 'workshop' for all module/synth-sound types, to play, edit, rip, fix.. it's taken around a year already, and it is a massive task. i'd like some people here to alpha test the wip in a month or so. i have written a motorola emulator and built a stable sound engine.. and developed a gui.. right now i am developing plugins for some music module formats (completed already future composer/protracker/delta music and some others). i wrote another tool 'rypper' a long time ago which was tested by some members on eab.. i scrapped the project to work on this new one instead.
Old 13 October 2008, 05:10   #7
spoUP

O_o this sounds crazy.
please send a beta to spot at triad dot se

what language is it written in? it would be cool to have it running on os x.
Old 13 October 2008, 11:21   #8
hit

seems to exists another version (maybe win/pc version?!):
http://www.exotica.org.uk/wiki/SonicArranger
Technical Information...

but all links leads to nowere (even archive.org).

Edit: the "amore" link on the page leads to a .zip which has format description for "sonicarranger(pc)" ( http://amore68k.netfirms.com/ ).
Old 13 October 2008, 11:34   #9
spoUP

BTW.... I was in contact with the author of sonic arranger a while back.
He intends to release the sources of the latest Sonic Arranger.
Seems he might need a little push to get around to it though.

"SonicArranger — pending issue, need to find some time to clear up some issues about source distribution"

http://www.vahanus.net/~csc/wiki/ind.../SonicArranger
Old 13 October 2008, 18:39   #10
snyp
'Difficult'.

spoUP: the app is being built in C++, motorola 68k asm, and some x86 asm.. currently the GUI relies heavily on MFC and the audio engine is built around XAudio2's api.. so currently no Apple support.. however the program will be open source when it has enough functionality to release it, then people can port it to any os they want.
also you ask which formats, really the point of the thing is to be a kind of 'encyclopedia mod' (it is called eMod).. the skeletal work is as high-level as i can possibly conceive and conceptualise, to allow plugins for any format to fit easily into the program. a plugin to play and rip a format is taking me about 3 days to complete.. however with the eventual 'editor' workspace, plugins could take someone a week.. or a month.. with the amiga having around 250 popular formats.. many hundreds of other formats on other platforms (atari st, gaming consoles, new generation mod/xm/s3m etc etc etc); you can see it is a very ambitious project and a huge task. but i think it should be done because deliplayer is no longer supported and there are no windows editors for some of these great synthetic sounds that came from oldskool scene stuff there is even no hippel editor on the amiga that i know of, unless someone can tell me?

EDIT:
also regards the site, i read that wiki site once but didn't realise it was the author himself. i have emailed Carsten Schlote for some help. thanks

hit: ah i see it i think, version 1.41?! no mention of this one before.. i looked around the exotica ftp as well but the files are catagorised under demo/game->composer instead of format.. i have emailed one of the webmasters for some help on that one.. thanks!

EDIT:
buzz @ exotica has kindly provided a copy of 1.41. if you would like it i can upload it to the zone

Last edited by snyp; 13 October 2008 at 23:37.
Old 22 October 2008, 18:22   #11
hit

i wonder, why they didnt fixed the link. well, i would like to get 1.41.
Old 07 November 2008, 16:28   #12
BuZz

Send a message via ICQ to BuZz
Just bumped into this thread. The sonicarranger and other format pages are on the todo list. The reason sonic arranger isn't fixed is just time and priorities. All files need to be reorganised on our ftp, and then linked off to them.

of course, as a wiki, other people are welcome to help. I mean you yourself could have improved the page ;-)

and the download link is currently at http://old.exotica.org.uk/tunes/form...c/SONIC141.ZIP
Old 07 April 2014, 07:22   #13
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
I have found Sonic Arranger v1.44 final sales release