English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL contributions

Old 04 February 2015, 21:53   #1
butfluffy

burntime pdf which works for copy protection

i was looking to play the ipf version of this game and i noticed there was no manual at the HOL website. i then found a text version of the manual at lemon amiga but that was kinda useless because there it didn't display the page numbers making it useless for protection.
i then discovered this download http://www.oldgames.sk/en/game/burntime/download/4351/ ansd this manualappears to be for the pc and amiga version but i tried it a few times with the ipf and everytime i enter the right word from the right page and line it works fine.
the download is a pdf file and appears to be compatible with the amiga version so far. maybe worth adding it to the HOL burntime manuals?
Old 04 February 2015, 22:00   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Sorry, but we only accept contributions (that means scans) made firsthand. It's more of a courtesy thing really 'Borrowed' material from other sites may be frowned upon and thus we try to not use it.

Let's hope that somebody has the manual and will scan at least the relevant bits for the copy protection.
Old 05 February 2015, 16:28   #3
butfluffy

i understand and thinking about it what you say makes sense.
everytime i have started this game so far the copy protection question asked for a different part from the manual. page 51 line 2 word 1 for example.
the manual is around 130 pages and must be one of the most in depth game manuals i have seen and i think the protection questions i have encountered so far are anything to go by then the player may need to refer to the entire manual for the answers.
hopefully someone has the original manual and the patience to scan all those pages for HOL.
HOL is a outstanding website btw.