http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/06-03-2007-4930.html
Old 06 March 2007, 22:28   #2
Dizzy
Pirate

Old 06 March 2007, 22:37   #3
Coagulus
Gets there in the end...

"Gaming
Commodore Gaming, a strategic partnership between Commodore International Corporation and The Content Factory, provides a wide range of game products and services. Products due for release soon include a new generation of the Commodore 64 joystick, which adds game download functionality to the features that made its predecessor famous (direct connectability to TV and PC). Other products in the pipeline include game consoles for use with mobile phones."

great, more games on a joystick....... I think I'll stick with CCS64 for now!
Old 06 March 2007, 22:45   #4
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coagulus
"Gaming
Commodore Gaming, a strategic partnership between Commodore International Corporation and The Content Factory, provides a wide range of game products and services. Products due for release soon include a new generation of the Commodore 64 joystick, which adds game download functionality to the features that made its predecessor famous (direct connectability to TV and PC). Other products in the pipeline include game consoles for use with mobile phones."

great, more games on a joystick....... I think I'll stick with CCS64 for now!
Or you purchase a MMC64 and play/write back the .d64 images on a real machine.
Old 07 March 2007, 01:31   #5
VermillioN

Well I think it's great that they're focusing on what made commodore in the first place. I really want to be excited about this, but I've no idea what they mean by a "gaming pc"... lol how confusing

http://commodoregaming.com/

Old 07 March 2007, 10:25   #6
viddi

Well, that´s easy:

Amiga Inc. cooperates with Commodore and they´ll launch the new Amiga NG.

Old 07 March 2007, 10:56   #7
musashi5150
move.w #$4489,$dff07e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd
Or you purchase a MMC64 and play/write back the .d64 images on a real machine.
You could, but I always use a CatWeasal and real media
Old 07 March 2007, 11:26   #8
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

This looks like really good news.

I can't wait for Commodore to be back on top like the good old days.
Old 07 March 2007, 15:13   #9
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Two words come to mind. Kidding themselves!
Had to laugh too at the "gaming PC" line. Given the original,(& only "true" Commodore), CBM's attempts at gaining a foothold in the PC area,(whilst losing ground with declining C64/Amiga sales), I would hardly suggest the CBM name is considered "legendary" in PC circles.

Hopefully they've learnt the lessons of the tulip/ironstone saga that threatening C64 retro game sites does not generate good business either.
Old 07 March 2007, 18:12   #10
Marcuz

it could be very interesting indeed: i wanna see what they will present
Old 08 March 2007, 00:17   #11
SilentBob

Why.... won't.... you.... die?!!!!!!!

Well, I wonder what they'll come up with of course.
Old 08 March 2007, 06:21   #12
EmuChicken

So theyre not creating something new at all... just building pcs out of parts that anyone can get at home (similar to what Dell, Acer and others do!?)

... If Amiga OR Commodore want to get known again, they should do something new, like a handheld amiga and C64 in one... or something ... then release it in Japan aswell as the whole world so I can get one..

or I could wait for PSPUAE to kick arse X)
Old 08 March 2007, 18:31   #13
Anubis
Retro Gamer

I bet that they would have nice sales if they rebuild A1200 (or A4000) with a couple addons. (32-128MB memory, floppy drive that will work with both DD and HD floppies, regular analog monitor out, network card and CD/DVD) All that in range of $300-$500 should sell well. Or even better - laptop version.

It shouldn't be hard to back engineer an amiga.

This news sounds like regular PC with C= logo.
Old 08 March 2007, 23:48   #14
aldo

@ EmuChicken So theyre not creating something new at all... just building pcs out of parts that anyone can get at home (similar to what Dell, Acer and others do!?)

Exactly, I for one cant get excited about this,its just a PC, nothing at all to do with Amiga.
Old 15 March 2007, 05:58   #15
plasmar

New Commodore gaming PC:S

http://megagames.com/news/show.cgi?&...ware&list=382& first thoughts are it can't be anything that good:P else The Phantom has a new name:P....... besides that..... its on mega games so dunno how old or how new this might be
Old 15 March 2007, 06:05   #16
plasmar

I'm gonna go cry on my Amiga 4000/40, with a towel underneath my face of course:P
Old 15 March 2007, 14:11   #17
blade002
Zone Friend

Everyone is right. Its nothing new at all.. just a games machine with PC hardware. Would have been nice if it was a proper machine with OS4.0 ..etc.. but nope, its just a complete and utter load of shit!.
Old 15 March 2007, 14:15   #18
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

I hope this sells really well. Commodore need some luck.
Old 15 March 2007, 14:50   #19
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
http://www.gwn.com/screenshots/thumb...aming_PCs.html

Gonna need some luck if these images are anything to go by

http://www.commodoregaming.com/pcshop/Home.aspx also updated
Old 15 March 2007, 14:50   #20
AmigaBoy

I think this sounds great.

The Commodore as we remember it is gone. There's nothing that'll bring it back. The closest thing in recent memory is the C64DTV. As great as it was, there's no way it was going to sell well enough to bring the Commodore back. This on the other hand, if marketing properly (which is extremely vital!), will have a chance of being the de facto standard for ready made gaming PCs.

I agree that anyone can buy the necessary parts and put together the perfect PC themselves, at a fraction of the cost. However the majority of users simply don't care or don't have that knowledge. I myself used to build every single PC that I'd ever needed (or recommended), however having precious little time as of late, I can't do that sort of thing anymore. I've been recommending pre-built Dell's and HP's often lately. At the end of the day, everyone's been happy.

I don't play many games anymore (Tony Hawk's Underground 2 would probably be the latest I've played), so this obviously doesn't appeal to me. I'm happy with my current setup and simply can't afford anything newer. However this is a fantastic step in the right direction. We're looking at PCs with Intel Core Duo or Quad processors, up to 4GB of RAM, two video cards and hundreds of gigabytes of hard drive storage. These are beefy enough to keep any user happy for a long while.

I support this. Commodore as we know it is gone. There's no way they can compete against the likes of Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft with a new console, so why not take advantage of a niche market such as PC gamers?

ah well. I guess those of you that have already made your minds won't change it. There will always be the "retro" way of thinking, which is prevalent in just about every C64, Amiga, etc. forum.