English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Amiga websites reviews

Old 12 September 2023, 15:23   #1
Kitty

Big grin Vintage is the New Old Returns!

Back in early July Paulo Garcia reluctantly shut down the Vintage is the New Old website.

Fast forward a few weeks on, @CallApple, @CommodoreBlog and a few other new Admins, with the help from Paulo's backup, have revived Vintage is the New Old. The website is back online with a new smooth server, new theme, and a complete rework from the original backup. All the same great content, plus brand new content on the way. There's a few things left to bring back, (homebrew games and magazines), which we are currently working on. We're also looking through an older Commodore is Awesome backup I have. Over time you may see a lot of the old download content we used to offer on CiA, returning to Vitno. New Admins, new staff, new writers, An exciting new beginning. As usual the website is open to anyone who wants to join as a writer, dm me or use the contact option on the website. Anyone that already has an account, dm me for a new password.

The new url is https://vitno.org please share, and if you already have us on your links page, please can you replace the old url with the new. Many thanks, and Welcome to Vintage is the New Old 2.0!

Last edited by Kitty; 19 November 2023 at 22:12.
Old 12 September 2023, 16:03   #2
frakswe

I'll be adding it to my rss reader, thanks.
Old 12 September 2023, 16:25   #3
Kitty

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by frakswe View Post
I'll be adding it to my rss reader, thanks.

https://vitno.org/feed/
Old 18 October 2023, 23:27   #4
Kitty

Big grin

Well since we brought back the website and re-uploaded everything to a new secure Wordpress server, the new results have been spectacular! I didn't realise the amount of love for the website as a whole until I read all the comments on Paulo's "Vitno is closing post" and the hundreds of emails I have personally received asking us to keep going. We rarely receive any feedback for all the hard work we put in, and I must admit, I got a little teared up reading all the lovely comments from all of you.

Since bringing back new Vitno our page views have drastically shot up, like nothing we have ever seen before, I have no idea who shared our website but if we continue to receive views at this rate, it really makes it all worthwhile.
However, despite the immediate success since we have returned, it really isn't about views, it has never been about the views for us, it's nice to see our website/s doing well so quickly again, but from the very start, way back in 2011, it's always been about love for Retro Gaming, you guys, the community and our precious childhood memories.

It's not about who's the best, there's room for everyone online, and Vitno as a website get along with 99.9% of the Retro Gaming community. Of course there's always a few bad apples who spoil it, thinking they're better than everyone and that it's some kind of competition. Those guys just need to grow up, very childish behaviour for 40+ grown men.

Anyway.. You can find the new website over at https://vitno.org and I've also brought back CommodoreBlog, at https://www.commodoreblog.uk/. If you have our old urls on your website please update your links. Thanks everyone and keep it Retro!

Last edited by Kitty; 30 December 2023 at 22:53.