English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Demos

Old 30 September 2002, 03:13   #1
Yeleveruk

Barbarian?

Does anyone remember a demo which had a song where all the instruments were from the samples in the barbarian game? Not sure what it was called.
Old 30 September 2002, 03:37   #2
Uukrul

Nexus 7?

ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/amiga/demos/A...eda.Nexus7.dms

Old 30 September 2002, 03:54   #3
Yeleveruk

Couldn`t get it to run on winuae or fellow. just comes up with the standard amga screen. Any suggestions to get it to wrok as new to all this emulating
Old 30 September 2002, 04:03   #4
Yeleveruk

Just read the text file for the demo and it says something about aga. the demo i remember ran on my old a500 if thats any help. if i right then what i can remember it had little men with swords on it aswell but not about that as that maybe from another demo but definately can remember the song. even the snare drum was the sword sound from the game. sounds really sad butjust remembering old demos that i used to have and haven`t managed to find any of them.
Old 03 October 2002, 02:58   #5
Sune Salminen
Dinamáquina

Lightbulb It's "Bar Brian" by a danish group called..

..."Plasma Force". They started out on the C64 as "Zad Team". Keld Bjerregaard ("Kelloggs") who was the main programmer is now doing web design and has taken up programming again.
Søren Trautner Madsen ("Donovan", now calls himself "Trauma"), who did the music, is currently a member of the "Hybris/Nemesis" PC demo group, and drummer in the C64 coverband "Press Play On Tape". Plasma Force had a few other members as well, "Rathlinn", and two other guys named Emil and Thomas. As far as i know, Thomas currently works as a programmer for a danish bank.

"Bar Brian" is a play on words, it means "Nude Brian" in danish, and i don't know if this is true, but i heard that the song was bundled with the first SoundBlaster 16 cards for the PC as a demo to show off its sample playing capabilities.

They made a few other demos and won a few competitions, "Omed Dica" (which was once up as test picture on a Danish local-TV station) comes to mind, and also started development of a game or two, one was to be titled "Suckerball", a soccer game where you controlled the ball, and a beat 'em up featuring digitised group members. Or was that a demo.. I forgot. Suckerball was to be released by Kenneth Bernholm's company "Interactive Vision" http://bernholm.dk/kenneth/ but it was never finished.

They did a few cracks/intros as well, but i can't remember for which games. I'll ask Keld next time i see him.

If anybody has Omed Dica, Double Maniac, or anything else by Plasma Force, please upload it to The Zone.

Oh, and i have a .D64 or two with their complete works (even some unreleased stuff) on the C64, if anyone is interested in that.

Last edited by Sune Salminen; 05 February 2005 at 08:11.
Old 03 October 2002, 03:40   #6
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Damn! I know I have the Bar Brian demo, but I just went through everything I have on the PC and it seems I've not dumped it from the Amiga yet!
Old 03 October 2002, 03:52   #7
Yeleveruk

Just downloaded the mod of bar - brian mod it`s not the one i`m after. The one i`m looking for use the sample "Come On" alot and the drums the samples where the sword and some other sample from the game. Thanx for trying, if i can find the Bar- Brian demo then i`ll upload it for you.
Old 03 October 2002, 03:56   #8
Sune Salminen
Dinamáquina

Quote:
Originally posted by Yeleveruk
Just downloaded the mod of bar - brian mod it`s not the one i`m after. The one i`m looking for use the sample "Come On" alot and the drums the samples where the sword and some other sample from the game. Thanx for trying, if i can find the Bar- Brian demo then i`ll upload it for you.

That's the Bar Brian music, i'm 101% sure.
Old 03 October 2002, 04:01   #9
Yeleveruk

Trust me it`s not. It`s so annoying when get an old demo tune in your held and can`t remember the name of the demo. LOL
Old 03 October 2002, 04:07   #10
Sune Salminen
Dinamáquina

Quote:
Trust me it`s not. It`s so annoying when get an old demo tune in your held and can`t remember the name of the demo. LOL
I meant the one you're looking for, not the one you found :-)
The music in the Bar Brian demo was made with sound samples from Barbarian.

Last edited by Sune Salminen; 05 February 2005 at 08:12.
Old 03 October 2002, 04:13   #11
Yeleveruk

Hmmm. Just got a mod of www.modarchive.com called bar-brian and has some samples from barbarian but not the "Come On" sample. Sorry to be a pain. Also do you know anything about the stakker humanoid demo just out of curiousity?
Old 03 October 2002, 12:49   #12
Sune Salminen
Dinamáquina

Stick out tongue

Quote:
Hmmm. Just got a mod of www.modarchive.com called bar-brian and has some samples from barbarian but not the "Come On" sample.
Just listened to it myself, and it's not the music from the Bar Brian demo. I don't know the Stakker Humanoid demo, but I own the 12" :-)

Last edited by Sune Salminen; 05 February 2005 at 08:13.
Old 03 October 2002, 16:13   #13
Yeleveruk

Ive downloaded a bar-brian demo but it`s an exe file, not sure how to get it to work with winuae or fellow. New to emulating.
Old 03 October 2002, 16:25   #14
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

The "Come On" sample in Barbarian was actually taken from an Arnold Schwarzenegger film - Red Sonja.
Old 03 October 2002, 17:12   #15
Yeleveruk

Managed to find a mod from bar-brian. I can upload it if anyones interested. Did them demo have more than one song coz it sounds different to the one i remember. Also managed to find the demo but it`s an exe file and not sure how to get it to work. Any suggestions?
Old 03 October 2002, 20:08   #16
Sune Salminen
Dinamáquina

Bar Brian exe

Quote:
Managed to find a mod from bar-brian. I can upload it if anyones interested. Did them demo have more than one song coz it sounds different to the one i remember. Also managed to find the demo but it`s an exe file and not sure how to get it to work. Any suggestions?
Put it on a system disk and run it from CLI.

Type barbrian.exe at the command prompt to run it.

Last edited by Sune Salminen; 05 February 2005 at 08:14.
Old 05 October 2002, 17:08   #17
Yeleveruk

If anyone is interested i have uploaded the barbrian demo to the zone. It`s an exe file but just open it in winuae just like a normal adf file. i.e. show all files the load it into df0. And it works fine.
Old 05 October 2002, 17:27   #18
Yeleveruk

I was just wondering if there was another demo that used the barbarian samples coz i remember another demo which did the same as barbrian but a did a different tune.
Old 05 October 2002, 18:25   #19
icycool
Banned

Bar Brian while dancing to that mod, does at some late stage in the demo 'flop his chop' mainly to the words 'come on'..if i recall correctly
Old 06 October 2002, 00:19   #20
Yeleveruk

Yep. I forgot about that until a played. He does quite early on aswell.