English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 04 September 2010, 03:43   #1
puddinpops

Gamepad randomly doesn't work

I go to gameports and set port one to my gamepad, then go to input and it looks like all the buttons are configured. When I go in game though it never works, I only can use the keyboard. Very randomly there are times when suddenly I can use the gamepad, but this is like I said random and not often at all.

I've tried setting both ports to the gamepad, it still only accepts the keyboard. I don't get what I can possibly be doing wrong, especially when both ports are set since why would it be looking anywhere else when I have the only two options set to go to the gamepad? It just makes no sense and is very frustrating, I went through this same problem nearly two years ago and thought to try again today, but it appears this still is an impossible problem to fix.

If anyone can help me in getting the gamepad configured and actually working please let me know. At this rate I'll probably have to see if any other emulators exist that are any good(probably not?).

Thanks.

Old 04 September 2010, 08:04   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Unfortunately not much information..

Does this game support joystick control?
What do you mean by accepting keyboard? Are they really keyboard layout joystick or some other keys?
What pad?
Correct port?
"Both ports"? Do you have two pads?
Does GamePorts port settings change also when the problem happen?

Hmm.. Sometimes working: perhaps you have mouse configured in same port? (Make sure Input panel is set to compatibility mode/game ports mode) and select the pad using GamePorts panel and try again.

Attach winuaebootlog.txt, thanks.