English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 31 March 2020, 10:46   #701
dreadnought

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanm1991 View Post
Parts are going Stupid in Prices it Seems Greed has Followed Corona
Really? Odd. I was thinking that the effect would be opposite; lots of people losing jobs or strugglig in general, and selling off stuff cheaply.

I have lots of other retro machines so my x86 time is limited but I've been slowluy getting into it. Still not bought any sound cards, have to get on it soon because plenty of games causes problems in XP. Been playing some classics from my decades-long backlog; solved a first puzzle in Leisure Suit Larry 2, started Dark Sun finally and so on. Amazing...DOS gaming IS the golden era. And I can finally display them on a CRT monitor, solving the old riddle: were there actually scanlines in PC gaming?
Old 31 March 2020, 13:05   #702
Glen M

Quote:
How is Everybody Finding the Lockdown? What games are you Playing etc. Parts are going Stupid in Prices it Seems Greed has Followed Corona
Well I won an old Toshiba laptop on eBay last week for £1.20. Still hasn't arrived and no communication from the seller. Maybe he wanted more, shouldn't have started bidding at £1 then haha. I hope I get it but wouldn't be surprised if it never shows.

In general though I expected prices to fall a bit but they remain steady. Not that I'm really going looking stuff. We are down a fair bit of money in the house as my wife who is self employed is not earning anything and if my work dries up any more I'm worried I'll be put onto that 80% lark.
Old 31 March 2020, 22:58   #703
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
Really? Odd. I was thinking that the effect would be opposite; lots of people losing jobs or strugglig in general, and selling off stuff cheaply.

I have lots of other retro machines so my x86 time is limited but I've been slowluy getting into it. Still not bought any sound cards, have to get on it soon because plenty of games causes problems in XP. Been playing some classics from my decades-long backlog; solved a first puzzle in Leisure Suit Larry 2, started Dark Sun finally and so on. Amazing...DOS gaming IS the golden era. And I can finally display them on a CRT monitor, solving the old riddle: were there actually scanlines in PC gaming?
Unfortunately so well at least on Local Sites im not Sure on eBay? Nice Games list you Been Playing there also. I have a Few Pci Soundcards here if you would like one just to Solve Issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen M View Post
Well I won an old Toshiba laptop on eBay last week for £1.20. Still hasn't arrived and no communication from the seller. Maybe he wanted more, shouldn't have started bidding at £1 then haha. I hope I get it but wouldn't be surprised if it never shows.

In general though I expected prices to fall a bit but they remain steady. Not that I'm really going looking stuff. We are down a fair bit of money in the house as my wife who is self employed is not earning anything and if my work dries up any more I'm worried I'll be put onto that 80% lark.
Oh Nice win on the Laptop if he does get Back to you! I'm Sorry to hear on the Complications this B*****t is Causing you and your Family at the Moment, Unfortunately the old saying Money Makes the World Go Round is True

Fingers Crossed you won't be Put on the 80% Margin

Unwind with Some Classic Games

I'm Currently Playing Anno 1503 and Loving it!

Last edited by nathanm1991; 31 March 2020 at 23:00. Reason: Spelling Mistake
Old 01 April 2020, 08:53   #704
dreadnought

Quote:
Unfortunately so well at least on Local Sites im not Sure on eBay? Nice Games list you Been Playing there also. I have a Few Pci Soundcards here if you would like one just to Solve Issues?
Thank you for the kind offer, but shipping across Europe (I'm in Poland) would probably be dearer than me getting one locally.

I just need to stop buying old micros and get on it Won a ZX Spectrum auction yesterday, but the price was just about the same as pre-corona...
Old 01 April 2020, 12:03   #705
Glen M

Quote:
Oh Nice win on the Laptop if he does get Back to you!
Still no reply which is a shame as it is a proper retro laptop. T1200XE an intel 80C286 with 1MB ram and a 20mb propriety HDD. The first laptop with a resume function cost only $6499 when new in 1987. Most write ups name the processor as 80C286TM. I can't find any reference to a TM model of processor. Starting to think sum muppet has copied TM not realising its just trademark and its stuck between the various reviews.
Old 19 April 2020, 15:35   #706
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Does anybody have Knowledge Using OBS I want to Start Streaming?
Old 19 April 2020, 15:57   #707
dreadnought

I use it a lot, but not for streaming...although it should be pretty straightforward? (choose source, "Start streaming", no?)
Old 19 April 2020, 16:04   #708
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
I use it a lot, but not for streaming...although it should be pretty straightforward? (choose source, "Start streaming", no?)
I have Used the Autoconfig Wizard and have got all of the Settings Right

I should have been More Clear. I want to Monitor what obs is Doing at the Same time I am Gaming but don't know how to :-(

Would this be a Dual Monitor Job?
Old 19 April 2020, 16:07   #709
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

I also cant get to Grips with Adding Chat and Activity from Twitch into the Stream Screen
Old 19 April 2020, 16:11   #710
dreadnought

Dual monitor certainly helps, though not sure I 100% know what you mean by "monitor what obs is doing while gaming".

Probably also depends if your game runs fullscreen, if in window then you can just set up OBS source as this window and see the program in other part of desktop. Fullscreen , you'd probably need 2 monitors. Although I'm no expert at all, just know some basics.

It's a popular program thou, so if you can't get a clear answer here you can try places like reddit or obs forum itself. Or make a separate thread on eab, I'm sure local youtubers will help out.
Old 19 April 2020, 18:46   #711
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
Dual monitor certainly helps, though not sure I 100% know what you mean by "monitor what obs is doing while gaming".

Probably also depends if your game runs fullscreen, if in window then you can just set up OBS source as this window and see the program in other part of desktop. Fullscreen , you'd probably need 2 monitors. Although I'm no expert at all, just know some basics.

It's a popular program thou, so if you can't get a clear answer here you can try places like reddit or obs forum itself. Or make a separate thread on eab, I'm sure local youtubers will help out.
This is why I love this Forum! Thank you for Kind advice buddy :-)

And what I mean by Monitor Obs while playing is Making sure that it is Running and Sound not Clipping, No Blackscreen for the Viewer Etc so I am Thinking Dual monitor Would be good as Maybe I could have OBS on one Screen and my Game on my Main Screen?
Old 19 April 2020, 18:52   #712
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

I Did have two LG W2361 Monitors but I had a PC Sale and I Felt sorry for the Little lad on His 1280X1024 Dell Monitor, With a GTX 960 Installed too why not take Advantage of 1920X1080 so I let him have one as a Freebie ( Fool or Kind? You Decide haha)
Old 19 April 2020, 19:40   #713
dreadnought

Too kind But you can pick up a secondary monitor dirt cheap anyway, it does not have to be high spec for this kinda work.
Old 19 April 2020, 19:50   #714
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

Quote:
Too kind But you can pick up a secondary monitor dirt cheap anyway, it does not have to be high spec for this kinda work.
There isn't enough Kind People in the World now and if I Can make somebody elses day I will

the two monitors only cost me £20 anyway I am a bit of a Del boy
Old 19 April 2020, 20:57   #715
lesta_smsc

Anyone tried 15kHz output via VGA to scart for pixel perfect emulation? Wondering how to build quick cable.
Old 19 April 2020, 21:40   #716
dreadnought

To Scart on what? Modern panel? CRT?

I've actually just turned that old PC I bought and used for DOS, into a CRT PC box via crtemudriver+Arcade Forge's VGA-to-scart converter. But you can also build/buy a cable: http://wavebeam.blogspot.com/2016/02...hat-plays.html
Old 20 April 2020, 19:29   #717
nathanm1991
Self Diagnosed Noob!

If anybody happens to have a Core i5 2400 CPU they would like to sell ( Or Similar ) Please Could you let me Know :-) In these times I would rather See money go to Fellow Amigans that Could Benefit from it :-)
Old 22 April 2020, 15:37   #718
appiah4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
Anyone tried 15kHz output via VGA to scart for pixel perfect emulation? Wondering how to build quick cable.

Are you referring to an Amiga RGB to SCART cable? Or?
Old 22 April 2020, 15:37   #719
lesta_smsc

No PC VGA to SCART.
Old 23 April 2020, 11:28   #720
Stewcumber

I got my Amiga out again the other day which reminded me that this thread is here too.

In January I picked up a Soundblaster 2.0 for £10 on Gumtree - Fully boxed with driver floppies, and from a elderly couple who were a 3 minute walk away!

This card is particularly interesting because it has slots for CMS chips for Creative Music System / Game Blaster music (12 square wave voices per channel, 2 channels for stereo sound). I've inserted them in the picture above. More pictures in the spoiler below: OK never mind I don't know how to use spoilers on here!

Anyway it into my 386 PC which has an AT PSU (these cards need a -5v rail) and it has a rather lovely sound (in my opinion). Not technically as good as FM Synthesis as it is just square waves but I still think I prefer it. Here are some dropbox links to sound recordings I made

Time of Lore 1

Time of Lore 2

Secret of Monkey Island