English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 14 July 2002, 12:45   #1
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Question Hole-In-One additional courses disk

Hi everyone! This is a probably a pretty obscure game. My thanks again to Amigaboy for finding it! This "putt-putt" style golf game came out in Commodore's Amiga bundle in Australia around about 1988,(I think), but I think I recall playing some extra courses than what's on the main disk.
If anyone else remember's Hole-in-one or has the extra courses disk's please upload them.
Old 15 July 2002, 13:34   #2
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

If PE2000 were online I'd happily try to find it, but trying to trawl those mainsteam Tosec sites on a dialup connection is like trying to bail the titanic with a leaky teaspoon!
It's been a while since I last hunted around,& the ADF sites I knew don't seem to have updated much etc.
If you know of any Amiga ADF sites that have it then I'd appreciate it thanks!

Just saw Hole-in-one on Planet Emu,but no sign of the course disk's what are they labeled as?

Last edited by 7-Zark-7; 15 July 2002 at 14:00.
Old 15 July 2002, 14:06   #3
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Question

Okay, v.strange. The version from Amigaboy is the "full" game, yet the KGB listed crack seems to be the version I recall playing as it has the Alphabet soup & holiday courses!
Were the extra courses on separate disk's or not?
Old 15 July 2002, 20:45   #4
Kodoichi
Banned

Location: I'm the smiling face on your TV, I exploit you still you love me
To confuse you even more:

I have a disk labelled "Minigolf", which is in fact "AmyPutt Classic".

I have a 2nd disk called "Hole In One", which is "Hole In One"

On the net I found a 3rd disk called "AmyPutt Classic", which is in fact the courses data disk.
Old 16 July 2002, 15:18   #5
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Eek

Arrgh!! Talk about a game with 1001 titles! Amigaboy confirmed my thoughts about the the KGB crack being the version he remember's too!
Now your info Kodoichi has really twisted & confused things further!

Could you please give the link to that "extra courses" disk you mentioned about?
Old 18 July 2002, 19:10   #6
DeAdLy_cOoKiE

Hole in one!

I was looking for that one.. !

Whats TOSEC? I'm a dummy..

deadly_cookie@yahoo.com

Old 19 July 2002, 15:27   #7
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

I don't use TOSEC myself Deadly Cookie, but several members of this board do. Basically,it's a program & a standard which scan's say for example your ADF collection & will identify name them according to the year & the group involved with a crack.
If you remember the Amiga era, there were numerous titles which received different "cracks" from different groups.
Thus someone here can have difficulty running one crack from one group, but another will run fine in WinUAE.
TOSEC allows everyone to know which particular program/year/ release it was.
There are some ADF sites which list their ADF files in this format.
Old 19 July 2002, 17:40   #8
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Wink

Well, I was almost right! Still not too far off about the "standard" though!! Do you still know of that "extra courses" link Kodoichi?
Old 19 July 2002, 20:21   #9
DPainter

I'm putting a Hole-in-One course disk in the Zone. This is the only official course disk I've come across. TOSEC has two versions of the game, dated 1988 and 1989, and each has different courses.
Old 19 July 2002, 23:16   #10
Kodoichi
Banned

Location: I'm the smiling face on your TV, I exploit you still you love me
I uploaded my collection too.

3 games are Tosec-versions. I'd say the Amiputt-disks have a wrong name. It shouldn't be disk x of 2, the "first" disk (actual game) is playable without the data disk. So maybe it should be something like Amiputt Minigolf (1988)(ExtraCourse).

The non-Tosec one is Amiputt Classic cracked by The Champs. I call it "Minigolf" because I used to know it under that name.
Old 20 July 2002, 01:25   #11
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Well, no...there were versions of the game that were published as a three disk set. Or at least that's the way I remember it...I don't have the original version, but back in the day, I got it copied from an original that a friend had. Maybe he had the course disks, who knows. But I believe the US version at least came as a 3-disk set. Anyone have an original for confirmation purposes?
Old 20 July 2002, 01:43   #12
DPainter

I do actually have the original which is two disks. This makes me think that the two TOSEC versions are in fact the single original version, with the course disk hacked to be bootable. The course disk I uploaded today is probably the one mentioned in the game that can be ordered for $29.

I'll check tonight and update this post accordingly.

Update: OK, the disk I uploaded is in fact Disk 2 of the original 1988 release. TOSEC will need to be updated. The 1989 version in TOSEC, according to a readme on the disk, seems to indicate that it's a two-disk set, but I've only seen disk one. Does anyone know if AmyPutt was released as a full product or just a course disk? It appears to be a course disk except that it's bootable, but still copyrighted by DigiTek.

Last edited by DPainter; 20 July 2002 at 19:34.
Old 20 July 2002, 16:54   #13
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Smile

Thanks for the uploads guys!
If I'm not speaking of turn for him, Amigaboy & I definitely recall playing an 1989 version with the "holiday's", "alphabet",& "Out of this world" courses,which in turn was part of an CBM Amiga bundle here in '88/89 I think.
The 1988 version caught me by surprise,much less the extra courses disk.
Old 21 July 2002, 00:03   #14
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

OK, here is what I could dig up in the short time before I have to go to work at the gravel pits: in my 'old days' files dir, I found a data disk for Amy Putt that TOSEC didn't recognize. Going to up it to the Zone after I post this message, but I'll explain a bit first.

The DMS file called it ExtraCourse1, for whatever that's worth. The disk contains two courses (sorta): first off, there is a Tutorial drawer, which is a Tutorial course. I glanced at the first screen of it and I guess it probably goes over geometric angles and all that stuff. Could this be the ABC's disk referred to in the previous message? See attached pic. The second folder is Extra-Course, which is just that...an extra course.

I tried this disk out with:
AmyPutt (1988)(Starbyte Software)[cr Trilogy]
since the extra course disk is a data disk and not bootable. So I booted the game, then quit to WB. I then tried to open the courses by clicking on them. I had a hunch this would not work since the above mentioned disk was labeled:
copy of AmyPutt © 1988 CJCarte
Of course, the data files look for the proper disk name, which is:
AmyPutt © 1988 CJCarter
so after renaming the disk, it worked fine. So I am to understand Trilogy released this game after making a copy of it from Workbench?!? Sheesh...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	amyputttutorial.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	3029  
Old 21 July 2002, 00:42   #15
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
So I am to understand Trilogy released this game after making a copy of it from Workbench?!? Sheesh...
I do NOT think that this is Trilogy's fault.
Just imagine that ages ago, someone could have made a backup from a disk that's now lost forever by using the "Duplicate" command from WB, and only this backup got into TOSEC world. I often had this myself in Amiga heyday: only the backup disk had still worked, and the disk I had made the backup from had suffered from a virus or the like meanwhile.
Old 21 July 2002, 01:01   #16
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Good point...I hadn't considered that someone else duped the disk with WB.
Old 22 July 2002, 08:02   #17
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by DPainter
I'm putting a Hole-in-One course disk in the Zone. This is the only official course disk I've come across. TOSEC has two versions of the game, dated 1988 and 1989, and each has different courses.
Was just looking at this disk and noticed that it's infected with the Sinister Syndicate 2 bootblock virus. I reinstalled it with a non-bootable bootblock. For the less WB/AmigaDOS savvy, I'll up the sanitized version tomorrow after the existing version expires.

On the upside, it was a virus I was missing from my collection. Maybe I should start a TOSEC dat for Amiga viruii?
Old 22 July 2002, 13:38   #18
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Unhappy Bootblock virus?

Oh great, I've been trying out the various Hole-in-one disk's & you tell me that. It hasn't shown up anything on the PC side of things with Norton's Anti-virus.
I'm only running it as an ADF "floppy" file. Will I have to reinstall WinUAE, or wipe out the ADF's files I've used since running that disk in WinUAE?
Old 22 July 2002, 22:01   #19
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Re: Bootblock virus?

Quote:
Originally posted by 7-Zark-7
Oh great, I've been trying out the various Hole-in-one disk's & you tell me that. It hasn't shown up anything on the PC side of things with Norton's Anti-virus.
I'm only running it as an ADF "floppy" file. Will I have to reinstall WinUAE, or wipe out the ADF's files I've used since running that disk in WinUAE?
The PC will never recognize an Amiga virus. It's harmless in emulation, for the most part. The disk should never be booted anyhow, since it's a data disk. If you had booted the disk (which is doubtful) and booted another disk afterwards (without a cold reboot), then it would probably just copy itself to the bootblock of the next (write enabled) disk you inserted. As long as the disk isn't booted, there's no problem. Not really sure what this virus does, though.
Old 22 July 2002, 22:08   #20
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I just upped the virus-free version.