English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 11 December 2012, 22:55   #61
Marlon

AWESOME work! I would absolutely LOVE to see 'International Karate' converted. I adored the C64 original and was gutted this never made it to the Amiga.

IK+ is great, of course, but I actually prefer the first game.
Old 13 January 2013, 11:39   #62
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Any progress on this Galahad?
Old 14 January 2013, 08:16   #63
meynaf
son of 68k

I think you already know the answer...

If Galahad doesn't come in to say a thing here, you can bet he just silently dropped the project.
Old 14 January 2013, 08:39   #64
tomcat666
Retro Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
I think you already know the answer...

If Galahad doesn't come in to say a thing here, you can bet he just silently dropped the project.
Would be a real shame now that it basically worked with minor problems
Old 14 January 2013, 08:56   #65
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat666 View Post
Would be a real shame now that it basically worked with minor problems
Basically worked ?
Don't trust youtube videos. IMO he has next to nothing.

Of course we could ask him to make a test release for his "basically working" version, but, guess what, i'm ready to bet he would just refuse.
Old 14 January 2013, 10:50   #66
tomcat666
Retro Freak

I would call that "basically working" - game is working, there was only a problem with controls, if I understood it correctly.
Old 14 January 2013, 11:04   #67
spajdr
Old fart

Send a message via ICQ to spajdr
Also it would be good in future to create a poll with list of atari games, that could be ported to amiga, give it like a week and game with most votes would be ported with no ETA given of course.
Old 14 January 2013, 11:12   #68
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Like this one: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=63042 ?
Old 14 January 2013, 12:11   #69
spajdr
Old fart

Send a message via ICQ to spajdr
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Good point.
But new poll would be good to create, since some of the games on that vote list been already ported to Amiga.

Perhaps i can bribe Meynaf to port something like Karateka to Amiga?
Old 15 January 2013, 01:12   #70
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Pessimism aside (thanks Meynaf!) haven't got much free time at the moment, my line of business over New Year means i'm just too busy, but that will change come February time when the rush is over and then perhaps I can return to it, but its certainly not forgotten.
Old 16 January 2013, 09:39   #71
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Pessimism aside (thanks Meynaf!) haven't got much free time at the moment, my line of business over New Year means i'm just too busy, but that will change come February time when the rush is over and then perhaps I can return to it, but its certainly not forgotten.
The game is supposed to be working, with just problems with controls, eh ? But for me, controls are the easiest part of an ST game port.
So, please forgive me, but i'm thinking you have nothing that works. Though you could just release some early beta to make me STFU...
Old 16 January 2013, 22:52   #72
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
The game is supposed to be working, with just problems with controls, eh ? But for me, controls are the easiest part of an ST game port.
So, please forgive me, but i'm thinking you have nothing that works. Though you could just release some early beta to make me STFU...
Probably enough now isn't it Meynaf?
Old 17 January 2013, 08:51   #73
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Probably enough now isn't it Meynaf?
Sure you don't like this. But who pretended he was doing a game port and didn't do it ? Perhaps you will ask this thread to be closed, like the other ?
Old 17 January 2013, 09:24   #74
fishyfish
Banned

Seriously guy, let it go. Youre coming across as a pompous git. Galahad's track record is enough to buy him some benefit of doubt. Your unnecessary aggression is doing neither yourself, or anyone actually interested in his work any favors.

I know neither of you, so there's no "rooting" for a friend here. It's all based on what is on display in this thread.
Old 17 January 2013, 09:41   #75
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyfish View Post
Seriously guy, let it go. Youre coming across as a pompous git. Galahad's track record is enough to buy him some benefit of doubt. Your unnecessary aggression is doing neither yourself, or anyone actually interested in his work any favors.

I know neither of you, so there's no "rooting" for a friend here. It's all based on what is on display in this thread.
About his track record, i suggest you have a look at his Super Sprint game port thread (now closed). You may learn a few things.

I don't mean to aggress him, but i just hate it when people raise expectations and do nothing at the end - which he did already in the past.

But ok, i'll keep my mouth shut. Time will tell.
Old 17 January 2013, 09:50   #76
Leffmann

Quote:
Sure you don't like this. But who pretended he was doing a game port and didn't do it ? Perhaps you will ask this thread to be closed, like the other ?
He probably has work and family to take up his time, not everyone can sit in front of their computer all day long, and why would anyone be indebted or have to answer to you, like you're some sort of authority, just because they share pictures of what they're playing around with?
Old 17 January 2013, 09:54   #77
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leffmann View Post
He probably has work and family to take up his time, not everyone can sit in front of their computer all day long, and why would anyone be indebted or have to answer to you, like you're some sort of authority, just because they share pictures of what they're playing around with?
As I said, time will tell. I have nothing else to add.
Old 17 January 2013, 10:14   #78
BippyM
Global Moderator

I'd like to add that I have been working on a game and have not done much since November (Christmas, New Year, work commitments and family commitments).

I have been doing bits over the past few days, and if you gave me the grief you are giving Galahad I would probably not be inclined to finish the game anyway!

We do this in our own time, and the games are free for the community, we ask for nothing in return apart from maybe a thanks and some honest feedback.

If Galahad does not finish this then that is his prerogative, he doesn't have to answer to you or anyone else, it's not like you have financial interest here is it?

Let it go please and show some courtesy!
Old 17 January 2013, 10:30   #79
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leffmann View Post
Sharing Leffmann's sentiments exactly. Internet is a messed up place and, Meynaf, believe it or not, some of us actually have a LIFE to live.
Also, you wouldn't dare to confront anyone like that in real life, I tell you.

Funny that your signature reads He who insults the other in a discussion is the one who's wrong. I guess it's a clear case of "do as I say, not as I do"
Old 17 January 2013, 10:37   #80
AnimaInCorpore

While this thread went somewhat rude I would still like to know something more about the reasons why this port was a failure (if any).

AFAIK galahad was searching for some IKBD documentation in the Atari-Forum and so I think he was indeed serious about doing the port.

Cheers
Sascha