Originally Posted by mtb
Here i don't understand. Before you said you were using 0.8.26
Now you write:
But in the previous message... you wrote
I just don't understand.
Typo, and it was E-UAE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent_jdh
Errr .... pixel doubling works just fine here with e-uae and Gentoo. You really need to manually edit your config files though, and launch e-uae with the -f switch to call out a particular config file, e.g.

e-uae -f a1200rc

where a1200rc is your config file.

The GUI doesn't save all your options, fair comment, and doesn't even offer all of the config options available. It saves your config to ~/uaerc btw, so you can make the basic changes in the GUI, save it, and then copy ~/uaerc to your config file of choice (e.g. a1200rc), and manually edit to fine tune the config. It's pretty simple really.

I'm not actually in Linux atm so I can't post the exact configs I use, but believe me it works just fine. The documentation is improving, so maybe you should read up in the docs folder, most of the important options are now documented.

There's a mailing list link on Richard's website - maybe you could subscribe to the list, and if you're having problems e.g. segfaulting, and general config, Richard (and others, including me), are usually pretty good at responding to problems, if you can post precisely what the problem is.

If you think you're sufficiently good at coding to consider porting WinUAE (which is essentially what Rich is doing, within the bounds of the archs/OS's it is targetted for), maybe you could assist him, as it's basically a one-man job.
Ah, that'll be the problem then, I wasn't aware the program had any abilities past the GUI. The two main issues I have with E-UAE being 1, no pixel doubling, 2, it's not saving my drive settings. Other than that it seems to be missing a massive amount of configuration options. So yeah, I'll look into the docs. Problem with Gentoo is it installs things for you and that's it, no checking the README before hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konrad
To me it rather sounds as if you didn't take a deeper look in eUAE. Others use this port without problems and you seem to have a few. Instead of trying to port WinUAE yourself you should take a better look at eUAE, you config and, when you're still running in problems, your system.
The program had a GUI so I assumed all it's features were encompased in that GUI (a fairly reasonable assumption, no?). But from the other posts apparently not.

I'll play about at the command line with it.
Old 26 April 2006, 00:47   #22
agent_jdh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enverex
Ah, that'll be the problem then, I wasn't aware the program had any abilities past the GUI. The two main issues I have with E-UAE being 1, no pixel doubling, 2, it's not saving my drive settings. Other than that it seems to be missing a massive amount of configuration options. So yeah, I'll look into the docs. Problem with Gentoo is it installs things for you and that's it, no checking the README before hand.
Hmmm, a fellow Gentoo user. You can thank me for sorting out scsi support and a few other things (modular X) in the e-uae ebuild!

Take the tarball from /usr/portage/distfiles, copy it to e.g. you home dir, untar, and browse the Docs at your leisure.
Old 26 April 2006, 15:35   #23
_ThEcRoW
Amiga NetRunner

e-UAE is working here perfectly, not as winuae, but is impressive. I have the line doubling working without problems.