English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 17 August 2020, 22:54   #181
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Have you heard/used Mozilla's containers extension ?

General container : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/containers
Faceb@@k specific container : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...ebook-tracking
[ Show youtube player ]

and one about Amaz@n & facial recognition
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 18 August 2020, 14:27   #182
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

DDNI was on to something though. If I do less work, I have more time to do gardening! What is this magic?
Old 18 August 2020, 15:01   #183
rabidgerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
If you need an imaginary life, it's because the real one is so deceiving.
Social networks creators just gave people something (remotely) looking like what they wanted.
It works like drugs. Giving something supposed to cure their unhappiness... and doesn't work but makes them dependant.

I kinda like this statement.

Personally I get some of the practicalities in social media uses.

However, humans being fucking twats to begin with are only going to exploit something and bastardise it within an inch of what it was originally intended for and so on and so forth. So social media unfortunately give a bunch of cunts a platform to be heard, where as before you'd never have heard them unless you knew them and lived in your area. Now it give everyone access to shout from the roof tops which isn't necessarily a good thing and their reach is a lot greater than it would be in person.

Regarding Amiga forums, well I've always used forums. I've used music forums for years and years and now recently I'm knocking about Amiga forums. I would never think of jumping on social media to chat about this stuff. In fact I wasn't even aware that it was a "thing" on social media until lately when I had issues getting in touch with Amigapassion and someone said "he's active on the Amiga facebook groups". I actually near vomited all over myself

I have never been on facebook myself so I would never ever have known.

If it exists on there (social media) fair enough, but I hope it stays on these forums too. I know in the music world it still seems to be a thing for forums to be main sources of info.