English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 06 January 2009, 11:18   #1
OldB0y

Hello! wonder if someone can help.

Hi,

I'm new to EAB and just wanted to say hello, and also ask for a bit of help.

I may be new here, but I'm not new to the Miggy. My first Amiga experience was when my Dad bought an A1000 home from work in 1987/8. I was the envy of all at my school at the time, as virtually no one had even heard of the Amiga then, let alone seen one in the flesh My BBC B didn't get much use after that...

Recently one of my A1200s HDDs died, and with it went my registered keyfile for Magic 64, which is annoying as its about the only C64 emulator that runs at anything like useable speed on my setup. As magic64.de appears long since defunct, can anyone help?

For anyone who's interested, here are the Amigas I currently own:

The aforementioned A1000 (upgraded to a whole 512k). Unfortunately my Cortex 8mb external RAM expansion died many years ago. Location: Mums loft.

An A1200 with Blizzard 1230 mk2, 64mb RAM. Location: - much to the annoyance of my wife - the (ahem) spare room. I've owned it since new in 1993, and wrote a fair few reports for Uni on it, not to mention playing Gloom Delux via serial link with my house mates A1200. I also played way way too much Microprose F1GP. Now it serves as my retro gaming machine - well it did till the HDD blew, Compact Flash + IDE adaptor should arrive soon though

A second A1200 in a Power tower with Blizzard PPC/040, a BVision and a Power flyer (re-badged Elbox fast-ATA I think). Location: as above (see annoyance of wife). I occasionally have a play with this beasty, but don't really get the time to do more than fire up the odd PPC demo.

And finally an A4000 030/25 with an Emplant Mac emulator card. Location: Mums loft. I got this from where I used to work, don't think I've switched it on more than twice since I got it. May have ago upgrading/playing with this at some point...

Thanks in advance for any help:-)
Old 06 January 2009, 11:34   #2
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Welcome!

The Cortex RAM card can almost certainly be fixed... (Zetr0 )
The battery in your A4000 is likely leaking and the acid is eating your motherboard - CHECK IT NOW and REMOVE IT.

The BPPC if not used by you will almost certainly get you £250 - £300 on Amibay, and the BVision should fetch £125. http://amibay.com/

The magic64 key will need a little hunting... Did you try this version on aminet? I dont think it needs the keyfile. http://aminet.net/package/misc/emu/MagiC64
Old 06 January 2009, 13:01   #3
OldB0y

Next time I'm at my Mums I'll remove the A4000's battery - I have checked a few times, but the last time was a while ago....

The Blizzard PPC defo ain't for sale I'm afraid. I aquired it about 4 - 5 years ago along with the BVision. Once I've aquire an indivision scan doubler for the machine and no longer have to use 2 monitors with it, it may see a fair bit more usage:-)

I'm pretty certain thats the version of Magic 64 I have judging by the contents of the lha. It works for about 10 mins then quits, it also has no sound without registering:-( I need to download it again anyway so I'll give that version a go.
Old 06 January 2009, 14:34   #4
hit

have a look here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...hlight=magic64
4th posting from buttom
Old 06 January 2009, 21:50   #5
OldB0y

Thankyou very much. That will do nicely:-)
Old 08 January 2009, 00:54   #6
pubzombie

Hi Oldb0y,
I am new here also. I had A500, A500+, A600 and A1200 in the day that i used for gaming, so i am no use for anything tecchnical, and have just got an amiga 1200 again for xmass.
I am pretty confused but dead excited. \i remember the first time i saw an A1000 at a friends house when we were kids. his dad worked for a company that designed piball machines and i was so so so jelous.
pleased to meet you
PZ