English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 01 January 2017, 15:07   #141
JZon

Success!!

Yes!! That was it!! (o instead of zero) lol

Now I'm making real (zoomable) icons. Didn't know that about gimp. I'd been going over the 'gimp icon tutorial' and everything. Saving as layers is easy. I'm also seeing gimp as superior to all these other icon editors. (Bout to check out the green one you found now)

Wow. This is great. Soon we'll have more Amiga icons on deck (to directly open Amiga apps from Windows environments)

I thought the (eab) internet shut down last night when I was about to post the "Thing" instructional/music video. (Had a suspicion it had anticipated my wanting to post this, prior) (lol)

I tried a website that has 26 of the best free online icon editors. Some were legitimate freeware. Most were a combo of free and/or trialware. This narrowed down the list to a few free, however, they didn't have the feature of scaling up to 256 x 256. (nor the ability to bundle) One title there, image to icon, which I also noticed was one I had downloaded as an lha, (I'm assuming was the Amiga version we tried out already) I downloaded a Windows version of Image to Icon and immediately, my Avira Browser/AntiVirus (and WinPatrol) were finding conflicts with the install. (Just so you know, don't try this one) (unless you're equipped to repel such threats) (Sometimes it's nice to be able to harvest the software if it can be cleaned up, so to speak. But, this title isn't one I'm going to try to 'clean')

Dang, saving as layers in gimp. I could've been doing this the whole time! LOL In fact, I had been checking the saves of these icon editors using gimp, as gimp shows the layered icons when saved properly. (the only title I found, trialware, Icon Love, I think, was creating these multi layered icons) (I had a stint of 'crap' regenerating itself once before, years ago, with Adobe Illustrator products. I was trying out trial versions and found they were real strict about enforcing the date/time the trial starts to the end of 30 days or so. I did manage to find a workaround, if I wanted to trick it into restarting the trial, but, I never went that route, as I'm finding freeware (gnu) type of software just as capable. (Only found a few features Ai could do better, just couldn't justify doing the trial workaround to access them) (not to mention, I could also go through an extra couple of hoops to accomplish the same thing, gnu style. )

OK. Perfect! (for the new year) (even though technically, the new year doesn't start until the first day of spring! lOl ) Expect to see new Amiga app logo svg/ico's, coming soon!

Thank you very much! Brother JZon

Sidenote: I'm leaning towards 'The Thing' theory. There's only so much that lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh, and pride of life can do. When this fails, more dastardly measures must be incorporated. The only thing that picks up where sex, drugs, money, and power leaves off is something like this. (an actual physical demonic coexistence) I must admit, it's hard to prove from a science fiction movie... But.... Why else would politicians do the things they do? (as money and power stops adding up in certain instances) (Actually a combo of 'The Thing' and another little known movie, "A Boy and His Dog" that put Don Johnson on the map)

Last edited by JZon; 01 January 2017 at 15:31.
Old 01 January 2017, 16:52   #142
JZon

It's official!

Deluxe Paint V Logo Icon (Multi-Bundled up to 256 x 256) in the Zone! now!

GreenFish looks great! (The Best) of all I've seen. Saw other notable features in there too! (Animated stuff!) (Looks like it even goes up to 512 x 512 )

Didn't do any gimpulation. Saved each size svg straight to ico. Came out nice. Let me know, I can iron out the wrinkles if desired. My desktop (TaskBar) icon actually came out without any jagged edges (that I could ascertain). The Start Menu DPaintVLogoIcon came out nice too...

Click image for larger version

Name:	DPaintViconActionScreenshot.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	51530

Not sure. Maybe version 4? or end here?

Also, A Boy and His Dog could easily be interchanged with WestWorld. And elements of other movies too, namely They Live, but also Rock and Rule, The original Stepford Wives (70's), Logan's Run, The Boys From Brazil... it goes on and on.

OK. Thank you very much! Brother Jzon
Old 01 January 2017, 18:09   #143
emufan

yeah, latest DPaintVicon.zip does really zoom, nice
latest in the zone was now done in gimp?
i still have to fully check that green tool too, is really good, what you say, animated cursor things it can produce too.
and it does read svg out of the box, w/o watermarks.
i also found lotsa bloatware of those trial version - including browserbars and such ... no thanks

somehow it should be possible - using gimp or the green one - to make such
active/inactive icons too. if you have two layers, same size , with different images.
like the trashcan in windows, filled and empty.

when it comes to politicans - i dont know what's their motivation - sometimes they are just plain stupid people.
one scientist once talked about the statisticaly 5% of people, with missing empathy - those 5% they offen found in social groups like politicans or CEOs of big corporations - that would explain a lot

the new year feels like one week ago, dunno what it's all about - one should have the possibility
to choose his very own new years eve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard.png
Views:	102
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	51531  

Last edited by emufan; 01 January 2017 at 18:15.
Old 01 January 2017, 22:01   #144
JZon

Xanadu, Escape to Witch Mountain, Return From Witch

Mountain, Time Bandits, The Overlords of the UFOs... Yes, I've heard of the empathy quotient. Stupid to us, yes, diabolical to (Shh.. we do not speak his name. <speaking in whisper voice now> <lol>) <Harry Potter> yes, (brilliantly diabolical).

Just uploaded version 3.1 to the Zone! (Forgot I had done some improvements on the 'V', reapplied to the background, got rid of the extra border of the pyramid, readjusted size to fit the 512 x 512, worked backwards from there for the rest of the sizes. )

I'm seeing a lot of gradients in icons. (used together) May end up going back in and producing version 4. (Trying to stay original to form) ((the whole square box frame throws off the pyramid dimensions too much in my opinion))

OK. Going back in...

J

out
Old 02 January 2017, 18:43   #145
emufan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZon View Post
Mountain, Time Bandits, The Overlords of the UFOs... Yes, I've heard of the empathy quotient. Stupid to us, yes, diabolical to (Shh.. we do not speak his name. <speaking in whisper voice now> <lol>) <Harry Potter> yes, (brilliantly diabolical).
the Overlords docu i missed - so much other diabolic stuff arround - they call it fake news recently - i love how they do panic lately

Quote:
Just uploaded version 3.1 to the Zone! (Forgot I had done some improvements on the 'V', reapplied to the background, got rid of the extra border of the pyramid, readjusted size to fit the 512 x 512, worked backwards from there for the rest of the sizes. )

I'm seeing a lot of gradients in icons. (used together) May end up going back in and producing version 4. (Trying to stay original to form) ((the whole square box frame throws off the pyramid dimensions too much in my opinion))
if you want a soft gradient, using bitmaps as source image, you can try
xnview -> Image -> Convert to Colors and enable the LibImageQuant option in that dialog.
may work better with natural images, maybe not so good with kinda technical-less-color pics. but take a look.

cheers,
emufan
Old 04 January 2017, 00:32   #146
JZon

White Trash Power Structure!

Did you ever see 'Rec' ? or 'The Happening' ?

I made a Deluxe Paint V icon, engaged. (all sizes, like normal) Then, I decided to see what would happen combining the engaged and unengaged versions together. They're all there! lol Then I started thinking why aren't I seeing engaged and unengaged icons on Win8? I look now and all's I see is the square background highlighted.

Is this feature unique to Amiga os? How would one want the two icons in Amiga os? (Simply 2 iff pics? )

Is there a way to tell the Windows environment to upgrade to this feature? What about upgrading to an anim in addition to an engaged icon? (I looked online oh so briefly. (Recall more from memory than what I found. )) (((Not really worried about it actually)))

Yes, gradients. I have access a thousand ways to Sunday, to them. Just haven't delved here, yet. (I was originally going for a square... feel, in the DPaintV icon. But, turns out, in icon form, (at least on my taskbar) looks better than I thought it would. It almost has a backlit glow about it. (Something I thought maybe I would try to achieve when I first started) It seems a little... milky, (would like to see a touch more crispness around the edges) (maybe gradients are about to come out of the drawer)

Already made a 4th version to sure up the original pyramid dimensions and added DPaint custom font logo underneath. Came out nice. (Font logo needs work) (would be nice to see a Windows way to back-lite the font letters when 'engaged' )

Should I upload v4 to the Zone! ? (Or better yet, (it's still in beta), maybe I try changing file to txt and attach here... Standby...

DPaintV v31a&b.zip

DPaintV v41.zip

It didn't like simple ico nor changing to txt. But it had compressed! Is there a way to call up all files in the upload folder? (These aren't png's being used elsewhere in this forum, and I suspect they're taking up space)

OK. Thank you very much! Brother JZon
Old 04 January 2017, 01:01   #147
emufan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZon View Post
Did you ever see 'Rec' ? or 'The Happening' ?
the happening is cool - the rec i havnt seen, but from the plot it sounds funny -- or scary
Quote:
I made a Deluxe Paint V icon, engaged. (all sizes, like normal) Then, I decided to see what would happen combining the engaged and unengaged versions together. They're all there! lol Then I started thinking why aren't I seeing engaged and unengaged icons on Win8? I look now and all's I see is the square background highlighted.

Is this feature unique to Amiga os? How would one want the two icons in Amiga os? (Simply 2 iff pics? )
i was thinking about that too - but there is the trashcan on windows,
which has a filled and empty status. not really the same, but somehow windows can handle this.
Quote:
Is there a way to tell the Windows environment to upgrade to this feature? What about upgrading to an anim in addition to an engaged icon? (I looked online oh so briefly. (Recall more from memory than what I found. )) (((Not really worried about it actually)))
there are some windows shell replacements, i could imagine one of those may support those icons. it's been a while since i used one of those on a winxp machine. but i cannot even remember its name
now i use classicshell - which made me get rid of those win7+ starmenu/app style nonsense, but no icon feature like on the amiga.
Quote:
Yes, gradients. I have access a thousand ways to Sunday, to them. Just haven't delved here, yet. (I was originally going for a square... feel, in the DPaintV icon. But, turns out, in icon form, (at least on my taskbar) looks better than I thought it would. It almost has a backlit glow about it. (Something I thought maybe I would try to achieve when I first started) It seems a little... milky, (would like to see a touch more crispness around the edges) (maybe gradients are about to come out of the drawer)
while looking at the new icons - with a soft gradient it would look too modern,
maybe not the right idea for an amiga related icon
Quote:
Already made a 4th version to sure up the original pyramid dimensions and added DPaint custom font logo underneath. Came out nice. (Font logo needs work) (would be nice to see a Windows way to back-lite the font letters when 'engaged' )

Should I upload v4 to the Zone! ? (Or better yet, (it's still in beta), maybe I try changing file to txt and attach here... Standby...
i've got both on my desktop - the one with text is a bit too squeezed now - ok, i consider this as a beta
Quote:
It didn't like simple ico nor changing to txt. But it had compressed! Is there a way to call up all files in the upload folder? (These aren't png's being used elsewhere in this forum, and I suspect they're taking up space)
click UserCP ( upper left) and look next for Attachement left lower part, here you get a list with your attached images and stuff. you can individualy select and delete some.