English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 25 October 2015, 11:28   #41
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
btw, do you have some display control panel that can be used to force use of NVidia GPU when WinUAE is running, it is possible Intel GPU is actually used even if NVidia strings are logged..

Also includes another possible fix for vertical centering corruption..
Nice work Toni, thank you for persisting and the explanation

Yeah, I can set the NVidia GPU to be used for applications instead of the Intel HD Graphics 3000.

I did try this in testing but it didn't make a different though. Are you saying that it should when you release a new fix version?
Old 25 October 2015, 11:39   #42
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Losing d3d scanline bug should be fixed now, only happens in no-shader mode (shader load/parse error causes fallback to no-shader mode = shader filters are not supported.)
Oh that's awesome news also
Old 25 October 2015, 12:46   #43
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.7z updated. (at least missing scanline should work now)

If you force NVidia, does same error still appear in log?
Old 25 October 2015, 13:29   #44
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.7z updated. (at least missing scanline should work now)
Scanlines set via "Filter --> Extra Settings --> Scanline opacity" now work perfectly when swapping from Fullscreen to Windowed (and vice-versa)

Quote:
If you force NVidia, does same error still appear in log?
Tested with Pang, vertical centering on; still the same issue where logo doesn't start from the bottom of the screen (about halfway), rises up then jumps down and starts rising up again.

I've attached logs from when using the Intel HD Graphics 3000 card and also when forcing the NVidia GeForce GT 540 card.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Logs_IntelHD.rar (7.9 KB, 56 views)
File Type: rar Logs_NVidia.rar (6.7 KB, 85 views)
Old 25 October 2015, 14:03   #45
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Tested with Pang, vertical centering on; still the same issue where logo doesn't start from the bottom of the screen (about halfway), rises up then jumps down and starts rising up again.
It is normal when centering options are enabled. It was broken pre-2710b10, vertical didn't work at all. Centering and display start position changes are incompatible, always has been.

Everything works as designed if bottom corruption is now gone.
Old 25 October 2015, 14:18   #46
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
I've attached logs from when using the Intel HD Graphics 3000 card and also when forcing the NVidia GeForce GT 540 card.
Hmm.. Error is now gone in both logs. You sure directx reinstall didn't fix it?
It still wants to use no-shader mode for some unknown reason.
Better than previously

EDIT: I forgot forced shader off mode when I tested scanline bug fix.. Please redownload and create logs again.
Old 25 October 2015, 15:00   #47
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
It is normal when centering options are enabled. It was broken pre-2710b10, vertical didn't work at all. Centering and display start position changes are incompatible, always has been.

Everything works as designed if bottom corruption is now gone.
Ok then no problem.

As mentioned so far I've only seen 3 games where having vertical centering selected messes up the graphics when scrolling from bottom to top; Agony + Alien Breed + Pang.

For these I'll just unselect vertical centering

Quote:
Hmm.. Error is now gone in both logs. You sure directx reinstall didn't fix it?
It still wants to use no-shader mode for some unknown reason.
Better than previously

EDIT: I forgot forced shader off mode when I tested scanline bug fix.. Please redownload and create logs again.
Ok, redownloaded / tested and uploaded log files.

Scanlines are still working when swapping between Fullscreen + Windowed (and vice-versa)
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (10.0 KB, 87 views)
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (13.9 KB, 76 views)
Old 25 October 2015, 15:49   #48
DamienD
Banned

One slight random* issue that I've noticed when using the last bug fix version is that "Game Port" --> "Port 2" is set as "Keyboard Layout B" in my old configs but sometimes this will change over to "Keyboard Layout A" when a game is loaded / running.

EDIT: the swapping of Port 2 layout seems to happen very occasionally after pressing the left mouse button I think.

Last edited by DamienD; 25 October 2015 at 16:20.
Old 25 October 2015, 16:39   #49
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
One slight random* issue that I've noticed when using the last bug fix version is that "Game Port" --> "Port 2" is set as "Keyboard Layout B" in my old configs but sometimes this will change over to "Keyboard Layout A" when a game is loaded / running.

EDIT: the swapping of Port 2 layout seems to happen very occasionally after pressing the left mouse button I think.
I assume it is autoswitching feature. If you don't have mouse configured in either port and then press mouse button, it gets inserted in mouse port, replacing old device. (same happens with joysticks)

Quote:
As mentioned so far I've only seen 3 games where having vertical centering selected messes up the graphics when scrolling from bottom to top; Agony + Alien Breed + Pang.
But the corruption is gone? (part of graphics that was not cleared when display moved)

Try demos, you will find out that it is very common side-effect.. (jumping display when scrolling)
Old 25 October 2015, 18:02   #50
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
I assume it is autoswitching feature. If you don't have mouse configured in either port and then press mouse button, it gets inserted in mouse port, replacing old device. (same happens with joysticks)
You can move these Game Port posts to another thread if you like Toni.

Ah, just found the "Mouse/Joystick autoswitching" option. This is a quite cool feature as in all my configs Port 2 is "Keyboard Layout B". When I connect one (or both) of my wireless Xbox 360 joypads and press a button it automatically swaps over

The thing I noticed was I had no joystick connected, Port 2 is "Keyboard Layout B". I needed to press the mouse button to get through the cracktro screen and Port 2 gets changed to "Keyboard Layout A". Port 1 is always "Windows Mouse" in my configs so would assume when I press the mouse button this is already set; I wouldn't expect Port 2 to change.

Quote:
But the corruption is gone? (part of graphics that was not cleared when display moved)

Try demos, you will find out that it is very common side-effect.. (jumping display when scrolling)
Yeah the corruption is gone.
Old 25 October 2015, 18:28   #51
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
You can move these Game Port posts to another thread if you like Toni.

Ah, just found the "Mouse/Joystick autoswitching" option. This is a quite cool feature as in all my configs Port 2 is "Keyboard Layout B". When I connect one (or both) of my wireless Xbox 360 joypads and press a button it automatically swaps over

The thing I noticed was I had no joystick connected, Port 2 is "Keyboard Layout B". I needed to press the mouse button to get through the cracktro screen and Port 2 gets changed to "Keyboard Layout A". Port 1 is always "Windows Mouse" in my configs so would assume when I press the mouse button this is already set; I wouldn't expect Port 2 to change.
I can't duplicate this (and it shouldn't happen). I tested using your Alien Breed config.

There should be something logged when autoswitching changes devices, check it first.

Quote:
Yeah the corruption is gone.
Finally
Old 25 October 2015, 19:15   #52
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
I can't duplicate this (and it shouldn't happen). I tested using your Alien Breed config.

There should be something logged when autoswitching changes devices, check it first.
Ok, will take a look and if can't spot what's going on from the log (highly likey) then I'll attach to new post.

Quote:
Finally
Yes; well done indeed Toni. There's not a bug that you can't track down / fix
Old 25 October 2015, 19:38   #53
DamienD
Banned

Took a look at the logs but couldn't see anything that gives me any clues (attached). What I did was load "Alien Breed - The Horror Continues AGA"; Port 2: Keyboard B was in the config, clicked through the cracktro and afterwards checked the Game Ports; this has now swapped to Port 2: Keyboard A.

This didn't happen when using v3.0.0 (with mouse / joystick autoswitch enabled). I haven't tested all your 3.2.0 betas, it's only started with me when using your latest "scanlines" fix file. Hope that info helps you; I can test betas if you like?

Another thing with mouse / joystick autoswitch; which I really hope I can describe in terms that are understandable...

My default configs have:
... Port 1 = Windows Mouse
... Port 2 = Keyboard B

I connect 2 x Xbox 360 wireless controllers and start WinUAE. After loading a game and it's time to play so I press a button on the 1st Xbox 360 wireless controller; autoswitch occurs and I can play with the Xbox 360 wireless controller i.e. Port 2 has changed to this

If I were playing a 2 player game e.g. "Super Cars II" I would additionally press a button on the 2nd Xbox 360 wireless controller (after firstly pressing a button on the 1st Xbox 360 wireless controller). What happens is that Port 2 get changed again.

What would be cool is that my 2nd Xbox 360 wireless controller would take over Port 1 instead of Port 2.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (10.6 KB, 71 views)
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (11.0 KB, 80 views)
Old 25 October 2015, 19:41   #54
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Took a look at the logs but couldn't see anything that gives me any clues (attached). What I did was load "Alien Breed - The Horror Continues AGA"; Port 2: Keyboard B was in the config, clicked through the cracktro and afterwards checked the Game Ports; this has now swapped to Port 2: Keyboard A.
Run in windowed mode with -log command line parameter. ("winuae.exe -log"). Can see log in real time.

Make also sure it is mouse click that does it. Load config, start it, immediately return back to GUI. Did config change?

Quote:
What would be cool is that my 2nd Xbox 360 wireless controller would take over Port 1 instead of Port 2.
Press button 2.

Joystick button 1 = insert in port 2. Joystick button 2 = insert in port 1. (Same for mouse but ports are swapped)

Dpad left/right can be also used.
Old 25 October 2015, 19:47   #55
DamienD
Banned

Hmmm, was just testing "Assassin". Same default Game Port set; Windows Mouse + Keyboard Layout B. Clicked through the cracktro and Port 2 is now Keyboard Layout A.

Ok, change Port 2 to Keyboard Layout B. When starting game press <Ctrl> (which means it must still be Keyboard Layout B). The game is ready for action and can't move. Check the Game Port settings again and it's back to Keyboard Layout A.

I would possibly understand this if I pressed one of the Keyboard Layout A keys but I didn't, along with mouse button.

Anyway; you may want to move these last phew posts Toni; I'm a it off the original topic.
Old 25 October 2015, 19:55   #56
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Run in windowed mode with -log command line parameter. ("winuae.exe -log"). Can see log in real time.

Make also sure it is mouse click that does it. Load config, start it, immediately return back to GUI. Did config change?
Just tried "Assassin" using your process: Load config, start it, immediately return back to GUI.

Keyboard Layout A was there; this is not in my config though (see image). Mind you this doesn't happen everytime. Do you still want logs from "winuae -log"?

Quote:
Press button 2.

Joystick button 1 = insert in port 2. Joystick button 2 = insert in port 1. (Same for mouse but ports are swapped)

Dpad left/right can be also used.
Wow; that is very cool indeed. Nice way to handle things Toni

I didn't even think about doing that; you've probably mentioned this somewhere over the years since implementing but I've not been keeping abreast of all you're great improvements...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Assassin_Config.png
Views:	109
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	45973  
Old 25 October 2015, 20:02   #57
DamienD
Banned

Just quickly tried "Assassin Special Edition" using your process:

... Load config.
......... I then pressed <F12>, checked and Keyboard Layout B is there.
... start it.
... immediately return back to GUI.

Keyboard Layout A is now showing. Logs attached
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (10.1 KB, 73 views)
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (11.0 KB, 71 views)
Old 25 October 2015, 21:01   #58
DamienD
Banned

I just tested WinUAE with "Port 1 = Windows Mouse" + "Port 2 = Keyboard Layout B" (default in all my configs) and then connected both Xbox 360 wireless controllers.

Pressed the 1st button on the 1st Xbox 360 wireless controller and the 2nd button on the Xbox 360 wireless controller; just as you've said (not that I ever doubted you) Port 1 = Xbox Controller (2) and Port 2 = Xbox Controller (1). Absolutely perfect...

*** rant on ***
I really can't even begin to describe how much WinUAE has come along in the past 8+ years. Last time I used it regularly was in late 2005 and with v1.1.1.

Not only do you have a thorough understanding all things Amiga (hardware / software), you are also able to somehow emulate all this on a PC so successfully and finally bug fix virtually anything thrown at you.

...and then to top if off you add extremely intelligent features / functions constantly with every new version that most people couldn't even dream of and these make the whole user experience sooooo much better.

Hats off to you my friend; you are the Amiga god and a insanely good programmer
*** rant off ***
Old 26 October 2015, 16:17   #59
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Keyboard Layout A is now showing.
Fixed. Keyboard layout changed from C to B or B to A (off-by-one) when input devices were re-enumerated (for example on the fly USB game controller insert/eject). I never noticed because I have always used A..

Quote:

*** rant on ***
Thanks
Old 26 October 2015, 16:21   #60
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Fixed. Keyboard layout changed from C to B or B to A (off-by-one) when input devices were re-enumerated (for example on the fly USB game controller insert/eject). I never noticed because I have always used A..
Great news indeed Toni

This fix will be in the next beta I presume? Also; I know it's a hard question to answer but when do you think 3.2.0 will be finalised?