English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 18 April 2020, 23:43   #1
Napalmhardcore

XBOX One controller default mappings/potential issue in FS-UAE

Hi (again) and thanks for helping me last time, but this poor idiot is in need of assistance again.

I set up FS-UAE on mine and my fathers PCs. I've been using a Sega USB controller with no issues, but I set up an XBOX One controller for my father and he has experienced an issue whilst playing Speedball 2. In game, his player will start reacting as though the fire button is automatically being pressed repeatedly. I'm almost certain this is due to some combination that has been pressed in the heat of the moment because when I tested for myself on my PC, I was able to reproduce the fault by mashing the controls at random., the problem is, I don't know exactly what is causing this. When you assign buttons in the controller setup, what functions are the controls actually mapped to?

Edit: Okay, I've identified the culprit. It seems that the autofire function can be locked (so it will continuously fire without a button being pressed). This seems to be accomplished when the left trigger and A button/south button are pressed together in a certain way, though my undertanding is still a little vague on exactly how this is engaged and disengaged. It seems that left trigger alone toggles autofire and it is some combination of left trigger and the A button/south button locks it.

I would still like to know what the default functions of all the buttons for a "standard" controller do exactly as I have been unable to find this information (have looked at website and used Google).

Last edited by Napalmhardcore; 19 April 2020 at 01:28.
Old 24 April 2020, 17:45   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Default mapping:
Code:
dpad_left = left
dpad_right = right
dpad_up = up
dpad_down = down
south_button = 1
west_button = 2

lstick_left = left
lstick_right = right
lstick_up = up
lstick_down = down
east_button = up
north_button = 1
right_shoulder = up
left_shoulder = down
left_trigger = toggle_autofire
right_trigger = autofire
select_button = pause
start_button = menu_alt
There isn't any combination to lock anything, so if that happens, then it is a bug...