English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 03 May 2018, 14:23   #41
earok
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Auckland
Posts: 1,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by thairacerjp View Post
my question is why earok your version have no speech ?
I used this as the source, which doesn't include speech (it's only 13mb). I'm not totally sure if the version of SCUMM used is compatible with talkie.

http://amiga.h-plus-t.com/
earok is offline  
Old 03 May 2018, 15:28   #42
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 42
Posts: 12,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
I'm not totally sure if the version of SCUMM used is compatible with talkie.
Hmmm, 1.5.0.004 most definitely does as that's what I used in the .HDF I created

I think V1.3.1.xxx + V1.4.1.xxx and possibly V1.2.1.xxx also do as well.

You can find all ScummVM versions on the EAB File Server under ~Uploads/drbong/ScummVM

I can upload the required DOTT files somewhere for you if you can't find them?
DamienD is online now  
Old 04 May 2018, 00:59   #43
earok
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Auckland
Posts: 1,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Hmmm, 1.5.0.004 most definitely does as that's what I used in the .HDF I created

I think V1.3.1.xxx + V1.4.1.xxx and possibly V1.2.1.xxx also do as well.

You can find all ScummVM versions on the EAB File Server under ~Uploads/drbong/ScummVM

I can upload the required DOTT files somewhere for you if you can't find them?
I could look into it.. it seems the version of SCUMMVM I included had some bespoke changes made to it specifically:

Quote:
HISTORY
-------

Built based on SCUMMAGA 0.38.2 sources left by nogfx, updated by P. Barèges:

- FORCED FAST MODE
- FORCED TENTACLE game name
- CHANGED SOUNDENGINE TO MOD PLAYER
- CONVERTED DOTT GENERAL MIDI FILES AND SAMPLES TO MOD FILES USING PTMID and GMPLAY SAMPLE BANK.
earok is offline  
Old 11 July 2018, 03:41   #44
NovaCoder
Registered User
NovaCoder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Melbourne/Australia
Posts: 3,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
I used this as the source, which doesn't include speech (it's only 13mb). I'm not totally sure if the version of SCUMM used is compatible with talkie.

http://amiga.h-plus-t.com/
I wouldn't recommend that anyone use this version, you'd be better off with either my updated build or just using ScummVM
NovaCoder is offline  
Old 11 July 2018, 03:48   #45
earok
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Auckland
Posts: 1,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
I wouldn't recommend that anyone use this version, you'd be better off with either my updated build or just using ScummVM
Is that build playable on a CD32? A stock one has 2MB chip, no fast, even one with a TerribleFire card will have 8MB fast and the same 020 processor.
earok is offline  
Old 11 July 2018, 05:28   #46
NovaCoder
Registered User
NovaCoder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Melbourne/Australia
Posts: 3,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
Is that build playable on a CD32? A stock one has 2MB chip, no fast, even one with a TerribleFire card will have 8MB fast and the same 020 processor.
Yep my updated port was based on the one you linked http://amiga.h-plus-t.com/ so it has the same requirements but less bugs (it's still not exactly perfect though )

You can read up on my updated port here -> http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=47466


The only way to play a decent game of DOTT on the Amiga is to use one of the newer versions of ScummVM I'm afraid which probably won't run on CD32 as even 8MB is too low I'm guessing.
NovaCoder is offline  
Old 11 July 2018, 05:32   #47
earok
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Auckland
Posts: 1,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
Yep my updated port was based on the one you linked http://amiga.h-plus-t.com/ so it has the same requirements but less bugs (it's still not exactly perfect though )

The only way to play a decent game of DOTT on the Amiga is to use one of the newer ScummVM ports I'm afraid which probably won't run on CD32 as even 8MB is too low I'm guessing.
Excellent! Can you please link me to it..?
earok is offline  
Old 11 July 2018, 06:21   #48
NovaCoder
Registered User
NovaCoder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Melbourne/Australia
Posts: 3,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
Excellent! Can you please link me to it..?
Sorry but I don't have it but it should be on the EAB file server
NovaCoder is offline  
Old 15 July 2018, 13:57   #49
thairacerjp
Registered User

thairacerjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: FRANCE
Posts: 120
Hi Novacoder, you made a great work on DOTT with speech add-on , but I try to play Kyrandia on CD32. with differents versions of svcumm but they didn't find the game (on pc with 1.6 it works with the same files),
did you think it's possible to make a custom version with speech on CD32, even slow, or I dream
thanks you .
jean
thairacerjp is offline  
Old 16 July 2018, 02:21   #50
NovaCoder
Registered User
NovaCoder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Melbourne/Australia
Posts: 3,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by thairacerjp View Post
Hi Novacoder, you made a great work on DOTT with speech add-on , but I try to play Kyrandia on CD32. with differents versions of svcumm but they didn't find the game (on pc with 1.6 it works with the same files),
did you think it's possible to make a custom version with speech on CD32, even slow, or I dream
thanks you .
jean
I'm sure it's possible but I'm retired and no longer code Amiga ports.
NovaCoder is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Day of the Tentacle AGA NovaCoder project.Amiga Game Factory 196 20 November 2018 23:25
Day of the Tentacle and ScummVM Picard support.Games 15 27 December 2007 22:11
Day of the Tentacle DamienD request.Old Rare Games 25 18 May 2007 18:41
Day of the tentacle frikilokooo project.Amiga Game Factory 50 19 March 2007 01:28
Day of the Tentacle alexh HOL data problems 3 28 June 2005 15:58

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.07378 seconds with 13 queries