English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 17 November 2017, 18:27   #1
James Pond

WingMan Attack 2 Joystick

I've recently got one of these and was trying to set it up so that the trigger is fire, button 4 is use/open and move is the X & Y axis.

I cannot get the buttons to work at all. I can set it do that x & y axis are the cursor left and up, but the buttons for fire, etc I cannot get working.

I have to go into input in UAE to set axis as just saying to use this joystick does nothing.

Anyone got any ideas?

Old 17 November 2017, 19:06   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Do you mean GamePorts panel test/remap window does not list any event (in test mode) when pressing buttons? But directions report correct events?

Attach winuaebootlog.txt, thanks (should be in same directory as winuae.exe)
Old 17 November 2017, 19:48   #3
James Pond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Do you mean GamePorts panel test/remap window does not list any event (in test mode) when pressing buttons? But directions report correct events?

Attach winuaebootlog.txt, thanks (should be in same directory as winuae.exe)
Gameports only allows me to test. I can't remap anything under it. Testing picks up all buttons fine expect for buttons 4,5 & 6 (which don't even show under it.)

But games for do not let me map anything to the triggers. (I was trying Alien Breed 3D) and the only way I was able to was to set mouse and mouse HID then if I jumped between control, I was able to move and fire from it, but the mouse didn't work in Workbench. And I don't really want to have to jump between controls just to fire.

Attached is my bootlog.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (14.4 KB, 99 views)

Old 17 November 2017, 20:00   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Remapping requires Custom #1-#6 joystick option selected in Game Ports panel (not any of the built-in ones).

But I am not sure if I understood. bootlog shows buttons 1 to 6 being detected. If you go to Input panel, select the joystick from top right select menu, does the big window show all buttons?

Do you get different output if you run winuae with -norawhid command line parameter? And does it "fix" missing/non-working buttons?
Old 17 November 2017, 20:14   #5
James Pond

With the command line the controller was picked up in the menus though when it came to the game despite only having mouse and joystick selected Alien Breed only worked with the keyboard.

And yes 1-6 are detected in the input panel.

Jumping between controls only made mouse or keyboard work. The controller was not used at all in game.

Old 18 November 2017, 16:11   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Attach winuaebootlog.txt when -norawhid command line is used. Perhaps there is some important difference.