English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Other

Old 04 February 2009, 22:21   #41
pubzombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
Hi PZ,

The answer to this is almost certainly a resounding "yes".

However, if the guts of a cheap USB pad are transferred wholesale into the Competition Pro joystick, then henceforth the joystick will report itself as a cheap USB pad with more than half the buttons/quickfire options disabled.

To retain the character of the Competition Pro while eliminating the lag introduced by the cheap USB chip they have used, requires the transplanting of the USB interface alone. While this may also be just as practicable as changing the entire circuit, I wish to make certain that the interface is compatible to avoid converting a set of useful input devices into a pile of toxic waste.

When I have a positive announcement to make (one way or the other), I will deliver it on this thread.

I need time, not luck, to get this right.

prowler
Hi prowler,
ok mate, I will keep looking out for cheap pads, the logic3's are cheap and responsive, cant understand why the comp pro design uses tat if these can be made so cheap
Old 05 February 2009, 00:00   #42
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pubzombie View Post
ok cheers prowler. these pads sre cheap as chips at gamestation and amazon dealers. got 2 for less than 5quid

pz
I got my cheap pads at Woolworths before they collapsed. You can guess how cheap they were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pubzombie View Post
Hi prowler,
ok mate, I will keep looking out for cheap pads, the logic3's are cheap and responsive, cant understand why the comp pro design uses tat if these can be made so cheap
My sentiments exactly!

Last edited by prowler; 05 February 2009 at 00:06. Reason: Changed to multiquote.