Old 21 August 2016, 14:37   #101
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
<snip>
<snip>
Heya guys,

Has anyone ever tried installing / playing this game?

Tried copying all available files into a Classic WB 3.1 .HDF but get errors when launching...

I grabbed the 5 files from here:

ftp://grandis.nu/Commodore_Amiga/%5Bunreleased%5D/

I suspect you need a graphics card / Picasso96 etc...

The "fof.readme" is attached and below is a screenshot of the error when running via Shell:

Any help would be much appreciated
Attached Files
File Type: txt fof.readme.txt (5.3 KB, 200 views)
Old 22 August 2016, 18:02   #102
Thalion
Amiga Collector

requirement in the readme says:

- cybergraphics V3 r69e or higher, or Picasso96

so your suspicion is correct
Old 22 August 2016, 19:31   #103
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion View Post
requirement in the readme says:

- cybergraphics V3 r69e or higher, or Picasso96

so your suspicion is correct
Thought as much; both of the above are probably above my Amiga / WinUAE skills if I'm honest... Wouldn't even know where to begin...

Oh well; not to worry
Old 22 August 2016, 22:54   #104
idrougge

What a pity; I was looking forward to an ADF version for all those Amiga users with a graphics card but no hard drive.
Old 22 August 2016, 23:03   #105
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrougge View Post
What a pity; I was looking forward to an ADF version for all those Amiga users with a graphics card but no hard drive.
I'm sure you are deeply gutted my good friend... Always the smart-ass (as per usual)

...but there were never any plans to make an "HD install" --> "ADFs" of this so...

As hard as it is for you to believe, this was something that I wanted to get running on a .HDF file for personal use, with the added benefit of actually learning something new / gaining skills and knowledge.
Old 22 August 2016, 23:10   #106
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

I read somewhere that Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit (funny though)

@Damien, have you tried it in WinUAE with a graphics card? Does it work?
Old 22 August 2016, 23:12   #107
DamienD
Banned

Not as yet my friend; busy with actual real life work (again) so
Old 22 August 2016, 23:29   #108
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Ah, O.K. I'm trying to get my os3.9 cppc config loaded but, no joy so far. The .info file mentions cybscsi.device for the cd audio??
Old 05 October 2016, 12:08   #109
DamienD
Banned

Just added Smarty and the Nasty Gluttons details to post #7: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=1102979&postcount=7
Old 27 October 2016, 21:50   #110
s2325
Zone Friend

Axis & Allies
Quote:
Short: World War II simulation wargame Author: ssolie@shaw.ca (Steven Solie) Uploader: ssolie@shaw.ca (Steven Solie) Type: game/board Version: 1.1 Requires: AmigaOS 3.9, Boing Bag 1 DESCRIPTION This is a computer version of the Axis & Allies board game. The game is currently incomplete. Only a ground forces game can be played with both land and air units. CHANGES 1.0 First public release. 1.1 Added fighters and bombers.
download: http://cd.textfiles.com/amigaplus/le...Axis&AlliesGM/
Old 29 October 2016, 13:26   #111
s2325
Zone Friend

Last Seal
Quote:
We want to thank note: this is a very fast put-together-demo. We didn`t have the time to incbin the graphics (because we thought it would be not bad to have the demo released before we go on vacation ;-)). You can change the gfx but note that they are all copyrighted by Ancor! first of all you need an Amiga computer ;-) -an AGA Amiga (A1200/4000) with a pal monitor (gfx board does NOT work!) -a 030 processor (it may run on a 020 but this is untested and may be slow...) -about 8 megs of ram, 2 megs chipram (you need 1.7megs FREE chipram!!) -you need at least 1.6 mb free chipmem so you propably have to boot without startup-sequence (it MAY run under UAE, this is propably also the only way to play the game with a gfx-card->install UAE for Amiga. If anybody plays it under UAE, please let me know so we can update our informations.) How do i start this demo? well...this is very difficult...open the window called "TheLastSeal- demo" and move the mousepointer over the image that is entitled with "the last seal". Now press the left mousebutton once and shortly after another time. Now it should start ;-) just walk around a bit and you`ll find out what to do... If you can`t see an iconbar at the bottom of the screen, then your computer is definetly too slow.....No, just kidding. Move the pointer to the bottom of the screen and the iconbar should appear automatically. If you want to quit the demo then move the pointer to the top of the screen. A disc icon will appear in the top right corner. Click onto it and then select quit (or cancel if you don`t want to quit...) When any text is displayed (speech, objects and so on...) then push the right mousebutton to make it disappear (this is sometimes required when a multi-line text should be displayed) Tip: try to "break out" of the prison... At the moment this game has about the amount of bugs that are normally in a microsoft product, but i`ll try to fix them as soon as i can. There are: -sometimes the character does a kind of a "moonwalk" (© by Michael Jackson) and crashes afterwards. -at some places the caracter is able to "leave the floor" and walk into the wall -when trying to take the map in front of the door the taking animation is not always displayed -sometimes the game switches half back to os and the whole pal screen is converted into a ntsc display. You`re still able to play the demo but the gfx is full of errors and on the gfx board screen you see the workbench but cannot move the pointer... -sometimes you have to perform an action twice or click twice onto an object that the computer accepts the command
demo download http://cd.textfiles.com/amigaplus/so...20last%20Seal/
Old 30 October 2016, 02:17   #112
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
Axis & Allies
This was renamed to WW2 and can be found at OS4Depot and Aminet.

http://os4depot.net/index.php?functi.../board/ww2.lha
http://aminet.net/package/game/board/ww2

Unfortunately development was switched to OS4 and the 68k version was dropped from the archive. I think this was the last 68k version.

WW2.lha
Old 15 March 2017, 21:22   #113
DamienD
Banned

Updated post #7 with information about Justice...

Cheers CodyJ for the files

...named correctly for TOSEC (I think) and uploaded to the EAB File Server under the directory /Commodore_Amiga/[unreleased]
Old 15 March 2017, 21:32   #114
Amigajay

Nice little game Justice, plays well and with full cd32 pad support too!
Old 15 March 2017, 21:53   #115
DamienD
Banned

Oh, I should mention...

Besides the .ADF CodyJ provided; which is more complete than the following... there is also a file on Aminet

This is what I originally made into an .ADF (with menu), see this post. It does have the ability to try out different weapons by pressing keys <1> - <6>. Also, can't remember if this is in the .ADF:

Code:
[]#/-=+ - change current view.

Last edited by DamienD; 15 March 2017 at 22:05.
Old 15 March 2017, 22:14   #116
Amigajay

Yeah I used the aminet version on my disc, has a nice cli line option to change the ship and give cd32 pad support, shame it never got completed.
Old 15 March 2017, 22:17   #117
DamienD
Banned

Maybe I need to do some investigation to see which actual game file is the latest i.e. the one in the .ADF or the one in the Aminet archive.

...and then use CodyJ's .ADF (which has added developer, title and ship selection screens) with the latest game file...
Old 19 March 2017, 19:53   #118
s2325
Zone Friend

Joey
Quote:
Demo of a Sokoban type game Author: Richard Ziegler Source: Fish collection Action: Stack 25000 A demo version of a Sokoban type game where your task is to push Grullies (the only food of the Joey) to the stock, which is designated with little rhombic symbols on the floor. To complicate things there are iceblocks and teleporters. The demo version contains 5 levels while the registered version contains 60 levels.
This demo-version contains 5 level, so you can see if you like Joey. The difficulty of these level is not very hard, but tricky. If you like Joey and want more fun, please send a little fee of about 15 US$ or 20 Deutsche Mark (cash or cheque) with an addressed and stamped envelope to: RICHARD ZIEGLER ASBACHER WEG 4 W-8067 PETERSHAUSEN GERMANY You will be registrated then and get the complete version with: - 60 thrilling level (in some level you need more than 2000 moves) - more different pieces of musik - your own level editor for 20 custom level - some secret codes (for e.g. saving your solution) - update service (Level-Disk)
download http://cd.textfiles.com/aggames/COMM...%20DEMOS/JOEY/
Old 18 September 2017, 21:17   #119
s2325
Zone Friend

Duncan on YouTube:
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 18 September 2017, 22:48   #120
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Duncan - A rare dungeon crawler, you might not have heard of

Quote:
Per-Ola Eriksson has once again been trawling the internet looking for unreleased games and this time he has come across a rather unusual Amiga game that not only have I never seen before, but it's a dungeon crawler, one of my favourite style of genre. Titled as 'Duncan' and was due to be released for the Amiga, this game was an in-development RPG with golden overtones in a strange land by a team of Czech developers known as Multis
http://www.indieretronews.com/2017/0...you-might.html