English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 16 September 2008, 00:38   #261
keropi

alice, lisa ...damn those names
Old 16 September 2008, 09:40   #262
StevenJGore
Amiga Fanatic

Would the Indivision AGA work in a CD32 (at least in theory, even if it wouldn't physically fit)?
Old 16 September 2008, 09:48   #263
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Yes, but it could never physically fit. There are just too many components next to the Lisa chip. Not to mention the CD mechanism.

Last edited by alexh; 16 September 2008 at 09:57.
Old 16 September 2008, 12:38   #264
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Would it be possible to solder an extension wire to each leg on the chip and route it to the indivision?
Old 16 September 2008, 13:13   #265
TheCorfiot
Amibay Senior Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDNI View Post
Would it be possible to solder an extension wire to each leg on the chip and route it to the indivision?

In Theory You could use another Socket, dremelled to fit around the other CD32 PCB componets, & run wires from there, in practice it's a hell of a job & stability maybe an issue regarding cable type & length, noise pickup etc...

CD32 is designed to run with Home TV as a console & the S-Video output is a lot better than composite.

Just my thoughts.

TC

Actually just having another look at Alex's piccie that would be a seriously modded socket & again not sure if it would hold up or even fit
Old 16 September 2008, 13:20   #266
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

You'd have to desolder the crystal and several capacitors and have them on flying leads which probably wouldn't work.
Old 16 September 2008, 14:26   #267
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorfiot View Post
In Theory You could use another Socket, dremelled to fit around the other CD32 PCB componets, & run wires from there, in practice it's a hell of a job & stability maybe an issue regarding cable type & length, noise pickup etc...

CD32 is designed to run with Home TV as a console & the S-Video output is a lot better than composite.

Just my thoughts.

TC

Actually just having another look at Alex's piccie that would be a seriously modded socket & again not sure if it would hold up or even fit
Sounds like the type of mod I would love to have a go at, . Maybe 1 day.
Old 16 September 2008, 14:48   #268
Charlie
. . Mouse . .

TBH: I find the S-Video on the CD32 more then acceptable with good quality cables.
Old 16 September 2008, 14:50   #269
TheCorfiot
Amibay Senior Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
TBH: I find the S-Video on the CD32 more then acceptable with good quality cables.

Totally agree that was my conclusion from my post when having a good think about it.

TC
Old 16 September 2008, 15:12   #270
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Unfortunately I dont think the digital RGB signals are available on the expansion connector (Analog ones are)
Old 16 September 2008, 20:31   #271
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorfiot View Post
Totally agree that was my conclusion from my post when having a good think about it.

TC
I third that.

I have always used S-Video on my CD32.
Old 16 September 2008, 20:54   #272
DJBase
Amiga is my Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Unfortunately I dont think the digital RGB signals are available on the expansion connector (Analog ones are)
Its everything present on the expansion port that you would need to make a RGB Video Port like on all other amigas. Its only a matter of where to get these 182pin connectors these days.
Old 17 September 2008, 04:23   #273
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Mine should be arriving sometime this week or next week from Amigakit, damn geography. Is there anyway to push out a square picture on a wide screen tft with the included software? Or will I have to buy a non widescreen tft just for this? I don't have room for CRT monitors sadly and besides some small multisync monitors and 1084s I think I threw them all out.
Old 17 September 2008, 06:03   #274
Fingerlickin_B
Amiga Nut

I've ordered mine too

F*ckin' can't wait...this is going to be sooooo much better for my eyes (1081 almost dead, so using a small TV as monitor until then)

PZ.
Old 17 September 2008, 06:53   #275
klx300r

Quote:
Originally Posted by gklinger View Post
Uh oh. That worries me. I can barely handle the case of nerves I get trying to insert an accelerator. Took me 20+ minutes to work up the courage last time.
really my Blizzard 030@50 snapped into place quite easily on my 1d4 mb...what version is your mb as ive heard that some earlier versions were very difficult
Quote:
Originally Posted by gklinger View Post
I'm already worrying about where I'm going to put my CF card which currently sits on a piece of cardboard on top of the HD chassis. .
im just gonna put it on top of the indivision itself..of course with lots of nice electrical tape as an insulator...still waiting (sigh)
Old 17 September 2008, 14:49   #276
Oliver_A
Soldering Ironman

There is a new update out now, which improves a lot of things.

http://siliconsonic.de/t/bin/Indivision_Config_V09.lha

You can change and save now the screen parameters of Indivision AGA. Indivision AGA is FPGA and flash based, so we can and will, make lots of improvements in the life time of this product.
Old 17 September 2008, 14:52   #277
keropi

thanks Oliver_A!!!

edit:

is screen positioning supposed to work real-time? it does nothing...

Last edited by keropi; 17 September 2008 at 14:59.
Old 17 September 2008, 15:11   #278
Oliver_A
Soldering Ironman

As described in the readme, you have to flash the newest core, which is provided in this archive, and then, after clicking "Default Config", you can see the changes by activating "Use Display Timing from User Settings" by pressing the "Use Display Timing" button. It's all explained in the readme.
Old 17 September 2008, 19:59   #279
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I was asked to forward this in an Email from Andre Pfeiffer, author of HighGFX. I've not been following this thread so I apologise if this is already covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre "Ratte" Pfeiffer
Some important news, there will be an config tool for the Indivison very soon. It will fix the highgfx-bug and enable a lot of adjustment-functions. Screenshot is included. Now some background to the highgfx-bug (thats why i am so unhappy, I can't discuss with you guys, cause I lost my password for eab) Oliver and Jens stored the settings from my last beta of hgfx406 inside the Indivision firmware. But as a result of a last minute improvement I found some scanlines to optimize the driver for the aga-chipset for use with multisync-monitors WITHOUT flickerfixer. The whole display is reduced by 10 (non visible) scanlines and AmigaOS is centered (the visible part) in a way that you loose 5 scanlines with the current firmware of the Indivison. This will be fixed soon. As a workaround I will add the last highgfx406beta archive, with the old settings. This will work until the new firmware is out. Also included is a testdisk (selfextracting amiga-executable) please try it.

http://www.a1k.org/forum/showthread.php?p=197038

New firmware and alpha of config tool attached.

The final version of hgfx40.6 should now work. Use at own risk.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Indivision_ST2.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	18008  
Attached Files
File Type: lha Indivision_Tool.lha (46.0 KB, 153 views)
File Type: lha firstaid.lha (744.2 KB, 174 views)
Old 17 September 2008, 20:11   #280
Oliver_A
Soldering Ironman

That's correct, the update posted here fixes all problems with the new HighGFX 40.6 version. The Screenshot however, is not up to date anymore, as it shows an early alpha version of the Tool.

Here is a screenshot from the prerelease version running HighGFX 40.6. In the archive, the Tool has been renamed from Indivision Screen to Indivision Config.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Indivision_ST4.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	18009  

Last edited by Oliver_A; 17 September 2008 at 20:17.