English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 04 January 2013, 21:01   #81
s2325
Zone Friend

Thank you. And who made this kind of boxart for memory game... http://hol.abime.net/4012/boxscan
Old 04 January 2013, 21:39   #82
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
Thank you. And who made this kind of boxart for memory game... http://hol.abime.net/4012/boxscan
Lol. The boxart for Kwasimodo is in the same style (although less shocking compared to the content). I sure wish we had some other box scans for games by Courbois (the developer: http://hol.abime.net/hol_search.php?N_ref_developer=747 ).
Probably some scarier stuff for the boxart of Jigsaw Mania
Old 05 January 2013, 00:03   #83
brolly

Thanks a lot DrBong! My quest is getting closer to an end
Old 05 January 2013, 09:19   #84
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brolly View Post
Thanks a lot DrBong! My quest is getting closer to an end
Cool! Any chance you can edit the games list in your original post, though, so we know what you're still chasing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
I think all the King Size box art was done by the same people. The box art for Championship Othello is pretty funny too:

http://hol.abime.net/2327/boxscan

Last edited by DrBong; 05 January 2013 at 09:27.
Old 05 January 2013, 16:40   #85
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Amiga Mega Pak in the Zone. Enjoy!
Old 06 January 2013, 08:43   #86
brolly

Thanks for another one! You are on a spree

I updated the first post, there are 2 games I can't get to work though:
Brainstorm - This one isn't cracked and it asks me for a code at the beginning, there's also no scans of the manual available so I'm not able to start the game;
Takado - Can't get this one to work on WinUAE, it always keeps rebooting after the title screen no matter the config I try. Any idea on what configuration it requires? Also tested running it from within the WB and same problem;
Old 06 January 2013, 17:20   #87
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
I updated the first post, there are 2 games I can't get to work though:
Brainstorm - This one isn't cracked and it asks me for a code at the beginning, there's also no scans of the manual available so I'm not able to start the game;
Takado - Can't get this one to work on WinUAE, it always keeps rebooting after the title screen no matter the config I try. Any idea on what configuration it requires? Also tested running it from within the WB and same problem;
I'll see what I can do about finding the BrainStorm manual. Didn't think such an old game, especially coded in AmigaBASIC, would have manual protection......so I didn't bother booting it. Perhaps one of the resident crackers here can remove the manual protection and create a proper ADF?!

As for Takado, sorry that's my stuff-up.....looks to have copy protection, so I've made an extended ADF and it's in the Zone. I don't emulate myself, so let me know if there are any problems with it under WinUAE.
Old 07 January 2013, 05:37   #88
brolly

Would be great if you could find that manual, of course it would even be greater if someone could crack the game since that would be way more practical. And I know for sure that there are more than enough persons capable of doing it here.

I tested the extended ADF for Takado, but it doesn't even boot. Inside WB the floppy isn't even recognized. Are you sure it was copy protection? Might be a case of the game requiring some very specific settings.
I have my 2 amigas packed away so I can't test in real hardware atm.
Old 09 January 2013, 11:20   #89
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Would be great if you could find that manual, of course it would even be greater if someone could crack the game since that would be way more practical. And I know for sure that there are more than enough persons capable of doing it here.
I'll see what I can do about finding the manual (may take a while as I'm back at work now), but might email the disk image to one or two people in the meantime to see if they have any interest in cracking it.

Quote:
tested the extended ADF for Takado, but it doesn't even boot. Inside WB the floppy isn't even recognized. Are you sure it was copy protection? Might be a case of the game requiring some very specific settings.
I have my 2 amigas packed away so I can't test in real hardware atm.
Yep, I'm sure Takado has copy protection. The original ADF I upped rebooted after it brought up the titlescreen and made a diskcheck on my A500 under KS1.3 (no such problems with the original disk). Another thread also talks of problems with copy protection (see HERE).

Surprised that you fared worse with the extended ADF, but copy protection sometimes foils this type of imaging too. Just so you know, the game normally boots into Workbench and then you have to launch it from the game icon on disk - it doesn't autoboot into the game.

Anyway, I'll probably have to image the disk with a warper and see if anyone wants to crack it (or WHD patch it). Do you use WHDLoad at all?
Old 09 January 2013, 18:15   #90
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
Surprised that you fared worse with the extended ADF, but copy protection sometimes foils this type of imaging too.
The extended ADF is completely unusable, has nothing to do with the copy protection as not even the bootblock, which is plain DOS, is there. Most probably wrong parameters used for the converting to ext. ADF I guess.
Old 10 January 2013, 00:26   #91
Amiganiac73

I think the original disk is 880k Format with some extra tracks for protection
and it does not allow extended 1.8M, would be nice to try again creating the image
as a .DMS with those extra tracks, up to 82 tracks
Old 10 January 2013, 01:56   #92
brolly

Yeah, it does seem the extended adf is bad, I don't know much about dumping to extended adfs, but maybe try dumping as dms as amiganiac73 suggested.
WHDLoad would work fine for me either.
Old 10 January 2013, 06:22   #93
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
The extended ADF is completely unusable, has nothing to do with the copy protection as not even the bootblock, which is plain DOS, is there. Most probably wrong parameters used for the converting to ext. ADF I guess.
Weird.....I've made extended ADFs with RawRead before for others without any hassles. Will give it another try and WWP it too while I'm at it. Probably won't be until at least the weekend, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiganiac73 View Post
I think the original disk is 880k Format with some extra tracks for protection and it does not allow extended 1.8M, would be nice to try again creating the image as a .DMS with those extra tracks, up to 82 tracks
Not sure that DMS will help, but I can make one just out of curiosity.

Quote:
Yeah, it does seem the extended adf is bad, I don't know much about dumping to extended adfs, but maybe try dumping as dms as amiganiac73 suggested.
WHDLoad would work fine for me either.
Will see if any of the usual suspects are interested in patching it then.

Last edited by DrBong; 10 January 2013 at 19:07.
Old 10 January 2013, 19:13   #94
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Takado (extended ADF) in the Zone again. Think I might have accidentally used the -x option of RawRead the last time I did it, which might explain why the image was screwed.

Let me know if it works peeps. Must get to bed......2am here and way past my bedtime!
Old 11 January 2013, 07:32   #95
Amiganiac73

Dr Bong , i got it running with kick 2.05
It starts but in the intro screen guru meditation happens.
seems like a kind of protection from track 80 and beyond

Thankyou for your efforts, i do really appreciate that.

Hope you discover the trick and share this hard to find gem

Thank you again.
Old 12 January 2013, 07:44   #96
brolly

Yeah same here, I can boot it with kick 2.05, don't get the guru though, it simply reboots to the WB screen again right after the intro screen, just like it happened with the normal adf dump.
With kick 1.3 I get a read/write error and game doesn't even boot.

Hopefully a way to properly dump/crack this one can be found, this is a rare game that needs to be preserved, thanks a lot for all your efforts DrBong.
Old 16 January 2013, 20:13   #97
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Brainstorm - This one isn't cracked and it asks me for a code at the beginning, there's also no scans of the manual available so I'm not able to start the game
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong
I'll see what I can do about finding the BrainStorm manual.
Find BrainStorm in the Zone again, but this time including the manual. Enjoy!
Old 16 January 2013, 22:45   #98
mike4466

Could do with my save state of brainstorm (in the zone) being patched anyone.

Last edited by mike4466; 16 January 2013 at 23:21.
Old 04 February 2013, 03:41   #99
brolly

Just realized I never thanked for the Brainstorm manual, so thanks for the upload DrBong, that will be a great help at least until someone cracks the game

Speaking of King Size, does anyone know if Championship Draughts was actually ever released? (http://hol.abime.net/4752)
Old 06 March 2013, 12:55   #100
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Just realized I never thanked for the Brainstorm manual, so thanks for the upload DrBong, that will be a great help at least until someone cracks the game
No problems! Been sidelined with other things in recent weeks and forgot to upload a couple more attempts at making an extended ADF of Takado (check the Zone). Don't hold much hope of either working, but you never know. Please test them and let me know how you go.

Quote:
Speaking of King Size, does anyone know if Championship Draughts was actually ever released? (http://hol.abime.net/4752)
I've wondered that myself. I've never come across an original or cracked copy of the game. Has anyone else?