English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 08 August 2010, 18:29   #1
Vollldo

Turrican 2 complete cracked version

Hi, i was wondering if a full (i mean with the rainbow arts logo, the full intro and end sequence) and cracked version of turrican 2 could exist, in 1 or 2 disk ?
Thanks for your help !

Old 08 August 2010, 19:38   #2
mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vollldo View Post
Hi, i was wondering if a full (i mean with the rainbow arts logo, the full intro and end sequence) and cracked version of turrican 2 could exist, in 1 or 2 disk ?
Thanks for your help !
The "Melnok" crack says "nothing removed" and this crack supports second drive.
Old 10 August 2010, 20:10   #3
mai

Do you still wonder?
Have you found and checked the disks?
Old 11 August 2010, 00:16   #4
Fabie
Banned

Turrican 2 in 2 floppys cracks are complete
also there's a 1 floppy crack version but it lacks the intro
This game needs a good crack in 1 floppy and AGA compatible like Turrican 3 cracked by wanted team
Old 28 August 2010, 10:11   #5
ChrisUnionNJ
Amibay Mod/Staff

2 is a AGA game??

Chris
Old 28 August 2010, 10:12   #6
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisUnionNJ View Post
2 is a AGA game??
No.
Old 28 August 2010, 10:13   #7
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

No, Fabie probably means an AGA fix. But this isn't necessary, Turrican 2 works fine on AGA machines.
Old 28 August 2010, 13:16   #8
Fabie
Banned

btw,

I'm thinking to release some games in 1 floppy cause they are originally stored in 1 disk and I know it's possible
and I really like 1 floppy disk games...are fast and nice and retro and you can print an original sicker in the floppy and will look like originals

I don't know why the ancient crackers added more disks....maybe to skip protection or because there are not room

these are the games that I'm thinking to release complete in 1 floppy disk:

Turrican 2
BCkid
Troddlers
Old 28 August 2010, 13:21   #9
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabie View Post
I don't know why the ancient crackers added more disks....
This tells me that you won't ever create 1 disk versions of the mentioned games.
Old 28 August 2010, 13:37   #10
Fabie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
This tells me that you won't ever create 1 disk versions of the mentioned games.
it is really possible...maybe I can't do it but it's possible
check Turrican 3 by wanted team 1 floppy crack
was a wonderful release
the other groups did it in 2 disks but they did it complete in 1 disk with trainer
"wanted team" released the best cracks.....were genius
Old 28 August 2010, 14:49   #11
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
it is really possible...maybe I can't do it but it's possible
vs.

Quote:
these are the games that I'm thinking to release complete in 1 floppy disk
You could not have proved my point any better.
Old 28 August 2010, 14:55   #12
Skope
Protracker

Quote:
btw,

I'm thinking to release some games in 1 floppy cause they are originally stored in 1 disk and I know it's possible
and I really like 1 floppy disk games...are fast and nice and retro and you can print an original sicker in the floppy and will look like originals
Why don't you just buy Turrican 2 original? It doesn't cost much and then you have a one-disk 100% complete version with the nice logo professionally printed on the disk.
Old 28 August 2010, 15:36   #13
Fabie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope View Post
Why don't you just buy Turrican 2 original? It doesn't cost much and then you have a one-disk 100% complete version with the nice logo professionally printed on the disk.
that's a nice idea but check the prices...they are crazy

http://cgi.ebay.com/TURRICAN-II-2-Co...item58896b7429

http://cgi.ebay.com/TURRICAN-II-2-OR...item20b321602d
Old 28 August 2010, 16:28   #14
Skope
Protracker

Buy-it-now stuff on ebay are always nuts, leave those alone and wait for a proper auction to pop up. It's not like Turrican 2 didn't sell well, they always pop up every now and again for decent prices. Or even here if you ask in the marketplace.

People selling stuff on ebay for the above prices should get a proper slap in the face. Just because it's old it doesn't mean it's rare. Turrican 2 is not rare, it's just old.
Old 28 August 2010, 17:50   #15
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
btw,

I don't know why the ancient crackers added more disks....maybe to skip protection or because there are not room

these are the games that I'm thinking to release complete in 1 floppy disk:

Turrican 2
BCkid
Troddlers
I don't know about Troddlers, but I can assure you we didn't crack it to more than one disk because we couldn't be arsed, its because the custom disk format of the original game can store more information than a standard AmigaDOS formatted disk.

In the case of BC Kid, I physically couldn't fit it on one disk, and I had an A4000 030 with which to use on many different packers to try and didn't get close.

And less of the ancient as well ta!
Old 28 August 2010, 19:00   #16
Fabie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
I don't know about Troddlers, but I can assure you we didn't crack it to more than one disk because we couldn't be arsed, its because the custom disk format of the original game can store more information than a standard AmigaDOS formatted disk.

In the case of BC Kid, I physically couldn't fit it on one disk, and I had an A4000 030 with which to use on many different packers to try and didn't get close.

And less of the ancient as well ta!
thanks for the info
I imagined it was because there are not room on the common floppy or it is a very difficult task...
and what about turrican 2? can you try it?
Old 29 August 2010, 12:25   #17
Vollldo

Thanks for your help ))
I have the original disk of Turrican 2 but unfortunatly today there is an error on the last level that is why i asked this question...
But what is the "Melnok" crack ???????
I only see Defjam, Apex and Starligth cracks in the TOSEC set ???

Edit: Ok i found them, all in the eab file server...
Great, i'm going to try to see if the 2 disks versions are COMPLETE.
That is NOT the case of the 2 disks version by Defjam.

Edit 2: Just tried it eh eh eh and...
There is the Rainbow Arts logo
There is the full intro
I didn't play of course but i bet that there is also the end sequence
So YES this version seems to be really complete
A BIG thank guys !!!!

Last edited by TCD; 29 August 2010 at 12:29. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Use the edit function.

Old 29 August 2010, 13:53   #18
WayneK

BC Kid definitely won't fit on 1-disk - contrary to what I said to Galahad in another post here on EAB! I've tried with 'modern' packers and even dumping the hudsonsoft logo and a couple of other non-essential intro files... from memory I think we needed to find another 60k from somewhere that just wasn't possible.
There are actually a few multidisk games that wouldn't fit on 1-disk with the 'packers of the day' but now will with current routines, the problem is one of motivation not compression!
Old 29 August 2010, 17:19   #19
Don_Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post

Are you 100% sure? For me full onedisked version of Turrican 2 game it's possible to create for very good coder/cracker, but this coder/cracker can't think linear, like most crackers and must like challenges. I checked a few Turrican 2 game and T2 has ~1070kB of data mostly packed with PowerPacker. Perhaps simple repacking with Crunchmania or Blue House Cruncher can gain 50-100kB of data. Except data repacking, all samples from MUS1 to MUS5 files can be splitted on two parts. First part of samples has ~23kB and it's identical for all TFMX Pro mods, then this part only one time must be packed and you can gain perhaps next 60-90kB of data. If this is not enough to fit all data on DOS disk, then you can try to scan/find for more identical samples or graphics data in this game. Perhaps two other games also can be onedisked, but I don't check it exactly, due I'm lazy.
Old 29 August 2010, 17:49   #20
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Adan View Post
Are you 100% sure? For me full onedisked version of Turrican 2 game it's possible to create for very good coder/cracker, but this coder/cracker can't think linear, like most crackers and must like challenges. I checked a few Turrican 2 game and T2 has ~1070kB of data mostly packed with PowerPacker. Perhaps simple repacking with Crunchmania or Blue House Cruncher can gain 50-100kB of data. Except data repacking, all samples from MUS1 to MUS5 files can be splitted on two parts. First part of samples has ~23kB and it's identical for all TFMX Pro mods, then this part only one time must be packed and you can gain perhaps next 60-90kB of data. If this is not enough to fit all data on DOS disk, then you can try to scan/find for more identical samples or graphics data in this game. Perhaps two other games also can be onedisked, but I don't check it exactly, due I'm lazy.
He's specifically referring to the guy himself who made the comment that he couldn't do it as he doesn't understand in the first place why the original cracks differ to the original amount of disks.

Yes, there is a chance its possible, but its just not possible for the guy who made the comment to do it