English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 26 May 2017, 17:56   #1
Galder
Amiga is my Goddess

Super League Manager CD32: How to save?

Does anyone remember how to save in this game? There is a disk on the table but when I click on it I can only see "load a game".
Old 28 May 2017, 11:58   #2
Galder
Amiga is my Goddess

Still no luck with this. I can't find the manual of the game for the CD32 either. Does anyone happen to have the manual perhaps???
Old 28 May 2017, 12:04   #3
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

You sure its not one of those CD32 games that saves to floppy drive? A save game for a football management game would surely be far too big to save to CD32 NVRAM
Old 28 May 2017, 13:11   #4
RetroPaul

I vaguely remember that it will save to NVRAM, however it's requires a lot of it available.
Old 28 May 2017, 15:18   #5
Galder
Amiga is my Goddess

Thanks guys. What puzzles me is that there is no option to save the game. On the other hand, there is only the option to load a game, from the NVRAM, as RetroPaul mentioned...
Old 28 May 2017, 16:58   #6
Amigajay

Perhaps only the option appears if you have enough space to save, not near a computer to try in winuae
Old 28 May 2017, 23:47   #7
Nobby_UK

Selected 'Watch' the first match ---
Just got a Black Screen !
Old 04 June 2017, 22:01   #8
Galder
Amiga is my Goddess

I still haven't managed to find out how to save in this game. My CD32 has free memory available but I can see no 'save game' option anywhere... :'[
Old 05 June 2017, 19:55   #9
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galder View Post
Does anyone remember how to save in this game? There is a disk on the table but when I click on it I can only see "load a game".
The manual that came with the CD32 version has mostly been written for the OCS/ECS and AGA disk versions, with just the odd reference here and there to the CD32 version. This is what it says about saving games:

"When you click on the disk, the game pauses. Now click on LOAD GAME or SAVE GAME. Make sure that you have a data disk available - never, never, never attempt to save to the program disk, because it will never work again! That's because when you save a game the entire contents of the disk are overwritten (Note: This means that only ONE game position can be saved per disk)."

If you're not getting a save option when you click on the disk button in the CD32 version, then perhaps Audiogenic stripped it from the AGA disk version (as Galahad said, due to insufficient space in NVRAM) when they "ported" it over to the CD32 for release. Either that or the save option only pops up if the game detects a disk drive attached to the CD32.

You could try hooking up a floppy drive to your CD32 with a formatted disk inserted and see what happens when you click on the disk in the game. I tried it quickly here on my A1200/030 using a CD32 emulator and from WB with degrading (no caches etc.), but the bugger didn't wannna play ball and I kept getting gurus.
Old 07 June 2017, 23:52   #10
Galder
Amiga is my Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
The manual that came with the CD32 version has mostly been written for the OCS/ECS and AGA disk versions, with just the odd reference here and there to the CD32 version. This is what it says about saving games:

"When you click on the disk, the game pauses. Now click on LOAD GAME or SAVE GAME. Make sure that you have a data disk available - never, never, never attempt to save to the program disk, because it will never work again! That's because when you save a game the entire contents of the disk are overwritten (Note: This means that only ONE game position can be saved per disk)."

If you're not getting a save option when you click on the disk button in the CD32 version, then perhaps Audiogenic stripped it from the AGA disk version (as Galahad said, due to insufficient space in NVRAM) when they "ported" it over to the CD32 for release. Either that or the save option only pops up if the game detects a disk drive attached to the CD32.

You could try hooking up a floppy drive to your CD32 with a formatted disk inserted and see what happens when you click on the disk in the game. I tried it quickly here on my A1200/030 using a CD32 emulator and from WB with degrading (no caches etc.), but the bugger didn't wannna play ball and I kept getting gurus.
Many many many many thanks for the info - really appreciated!