English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 28 November 2010, 14:52   #1
Dazx

Problems installing some Amiga software in AF2010

I have Amiga Forever installed in my windoze partition C:, the drive has over 25GB of free space. Using the built in A1200 3.1 emulation from the player menu Ive attempted to install Wordsworth 7 into the Work: volume, shows 25.2GB free 23.9GB in use.
On starting the installer using expert mode it exits with a requester saying that there is insufficient space. I also tried using Final Data, this installed ok but also flagged up a message regarding space. Anything I can do to fix this ?

Unsure if this is the correct section to post this question, apologies to Mods in advance.
Old 28 November 2010, 22:13   #2
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazx View Post
I have Amiga Forever installed in my windoze partition C:, the drive has over 25GB of free space. Using the built in A1200 3.1 emulation from the player menu Ive attempted to install Wordsworth 7 into the Work: volume, shows 25.2GB free 23.9GB in use.
On starting the installer using expert mode it exits with a requester saying that there is insufficient space. I also tried using Final Data, this installed ok but also flagged up a message regarding space. Anything I can do to fix this ?
I guess that Wordsworth 7 and Final Data are not large hard disk aware, and consequently report free hard disk space erroneously.

However, such applications should, as you have seen with Final Data, install correctly regardless of reporting insufficient free hard disk space.

If you select 'Ignore' when the requester pops up with the 'Insufficient hard disk space' message, Wordsworth 7 should install correctly too.
Old 28 November 2010, 22:57   #3
Dazx

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
I guess that Wordsworth 7 and Final Data are not large hard disk aware, and consequently report free hard disk space erroneously.

However, such applications should, as you have seen with Final Data, install correctly regardless of reporting insufficient free hard disk space.

If you select 'Ignore' when the requester pops up with the 'Insufficient hard disk space' message, Wordsworth 7 should install correctly too.
Unfortunately Wordworth 7 only gives the option to try again or cancel :/ Im hoping to have a real miggy soon so it doesnt pose too much of a problem Thanx for the info, I had toyed with the idea of giving the emulation its own partition as Im not sure what else is going to panic on install.
Old 29 November 2010, 08:49   #4
Fackamato

Send a message via MSN to Fackamato
Perhaps add a 1GB HDF and install on that?
Old 29 November 2010, 18:15   #5
Dazx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fackamato View Post
Perhaps add a 1GB HDF and install on that?
Thats something to think about, cheers for that idea
Old 02 June 2019, 11:32   #6
simulant

Hi does anyone have a fix for this yet as I also have that error and I'd like to install Wordworth7 on a large partition. Thanks for any help
Old 02 June 2019, 12:11   #7
thomas

Add dummy files to the destination partition until the remainder of the free space divided by 4GB is less than 2GB.

Or copy the installation files to HDD, replace Installer by version 43 or version 44 and install from there.