English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 17 January 2010, 15:09   #41
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

winuae.zip updated, quickstart CD32/CDTV CD image selection GUI added. (doing this quickly because it is guaranteed I'll lose interest soon..)
Old 17 January 2010, 15:10   #42
Kyon
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kyon
ok i understand your explain .
Old 17 January 2010, 23:37   #43
msayed1977
Better than the Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Yes and no. It has never been 100% correct and there was hacks that "fixed" few special cases. I removed the hacks and results should still be same but other never tested cases may have different results. (still wrong, now correct or broken now)

Nothing important, 99% of programs won't ever cause address errors and those that care, rarely care about return address in stack (which is the only difference in this beta, in some move variants)
Please fix radically in the next beta release.
Old 17 January 2010, 23:51   #44
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Quote:
Originally Posted by msayed1977 View Post
He said its nothing important. What are you so bothered about? Have you wrote the only program in the world that cares about return address in stack? lol.
Old 18 January 2010, 00:11   #45
Marlon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
He said its nothing important. What are you so bothered about? Have you wrote the only program in the world that cares about return address in stack? lol.
Someone should also explain to Mr Sayed that Toni ain't his bitch.
Old 18 January 2010, 08:21   #46
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msayed1977 View Post
I rarely fix anything unless there is "real" program that fails to work (real = in this case perhaps some OCS/ECS demo or some A500 game protection) or it is something interesting. This isn't, 68000 is annoying CPU to emulate due to microcoded internals.

ADDED: this is of course 68000-only change (address error return address is undocumented in 68000)

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 18 January 2010 at 11:12.
Old 18 January 2010, 13:35   #47
msayed1977
Better than the Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
I rarely fix anything unless there is "real" program that fails to work (real = in this case perhaps some OCS/ECS demo or some A500 game protection) or it is something interesting. This isn't, 68000 is annoying CPU to emulate due to microcoded internals.

ADDED: this is of course 68000-only change (address error return address is undocumented in 68000)
Sorry, Toni.
Old 19 January 2010, 20:19   #48
JohnF

When selecting a floppy disk image, the image is always placed in DF0: regardless of which drive's 'Select image file' button (Quickstart panel) or '..' button (Floppy drives panel) was clicked.

Dragging a disk image to a specific drive still works.

Was working correctly in 2.0.1.
Old 21 January 2010, 20:49   #49
hexaae
Bug hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
When selecting a floppy disk image, the image is always placed in DF0: regardless of which drive's 'Select image file' button (Quickstart panel) or '..' button (Floppy drives panel) was clicked.

Dragging a disk image to a specific drive still works.

Was working correctly in 2.0.1.
Confirmed: "..." buttons of various Dfx: behave strangely and when you select a disk-image is always placed in Df0:...
Old 22 January 2010, 06:24   #50
Maren
Banned

Problem looks familiar. When CE is on, WinUAE limits the size of the usable screen by placing some sort of invisible boundaries on it. Normally you should be able to drag the menu bar to the very top, which can no longer be done with this beta.

Interlaced mode is also affected and works correctly in 2.0.1.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (13.9 KB, 229 views)
File Type: rar winuaelog.rar (10.2 KB, 221 views)

Last edited by Maren; 27 February 2010 at 11:24.
Old 22 January 2010, 08:55   #51
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maren View Post

Problem looks familiar. When CE is on, WinUAE limits the size of the usable screen by placing some sort of invisible boundaries on it. Normally you should be able to drag the menu bar to the very top, which can no longer be done with this beta.

Interlaced mode is also affected and works correctly in 2.0.1.
You sure it isn't simple KS detecting NTSC (which KS 1.x does randomly even on real Amigas)
Old 22 January 2010, 09:30   #52
Maren
Banned

Well, I cannot be sure of anything, but 2.0.1 displayed WB13 correctly every single time with or without CE on, whereas this beta didn't unless I booted with CE off. Definitely not a random behavior.

WB13 floppy image, hdf image with WB13 installed, alternative kickstarts, none made a difference.
Old 22 January 2010, 19:34   #53
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_2020b5.zip

Beta 5:

- save cdimage path to statefile (if set)
- cdimage on the fly change support (CD32 CD detection may not always notice it without reboot, something wrong with detection)
- cd images inside archives supported but all tracks will be unpacked before emulation starts = do not use with big images.. (this is something that can be improved someday..)
- GUI added (quickstart only). "Automatic" and "Image file" does not really do anything, only tries to show that real CDs are still autodetected like in older versions..
- disk image selection always used DF0: (b4)
- replaced advanced chipset blitter busy bug checkbox with A1000 Agnus (DIP package 8361/8367) because there are more differences, first vblank strobe is triggered on line 1, not line 0.. (Alcatraz Megademo 2) Perhaps someday this gets moved to main chipset panel.. Thanks to yaqube for finding this hardware "feature"

Big DirectDraw/Direct3D change. Anything can be broken..

- Direct3D filter mode is now a checkbox, there is now DirectDraw and Direct3D "render backend" (instead of DirectDraw and D3D filter hack) All software filters are available in both modes (of course pixel shader filters only in D3D mode) This is part of graphics subsystem unification, RTG is still DirectDraw only.
- point/bilinear setting moved to filter extra menu
- 16bit/32bit setting removed, uses desktop/fullscreen depth, selects 16bit if selected software filter is 16bit only (and lets D3D do the conversion automatically)
Old 23 January 2010, 10:59   #54
Maren
Banned

I totally hate reporting problems right after beta changelogs because it looks kind of rude, like one wasn't grateful for the effort being put into WinUAE or something. That being said, let me proceed

I think I've figured out the source of the NTSC-triggering problem; It happens exclusively with CE on as long as there's a hard drive image attached.

To reproduce it simply start with a fresh, standard A500 config, change the slider to "Best compatibility" so to enable CE, create an hdf image and mount it, then put a WB13 floppy image in DF0 and press "Start"

I didn't notice this before because I always kept an hdf image attached during the tests.

Finally, when you create an hdf image, it's path must be specified before you can mount it, just like hdf's that already exist. Can you include an option to make this process automatic? I mean, so that the "Path" field is automatically updated with that of the hdf being created.

Thanks
Old 23 January 2010, 14:08   #55
Talkie

Using WinUAE Beta 2.02 has solved a big big problem I had with most other WinUAE
that I tested, which was that I couldn't hear the cd audio of James Pond 2 (I had a thread about it).

I'm just here to mention a thing that you probably all know, but when the cd audio tracks of a current level ends, WinUAE lags for a few seconds (sometimes up to 30) before starting to play the cd audio track again from the beginning. By "lag" I mean that even the animation seems to freeze, advancing frame by frame, and then wooplah!: the audio starts and all goes well. It's like it doesn't loop well the cd audio.

I hope this is not a difficult problem, because otherwise everything runs perfect.
I don't recall any lag once I start a new level.

The Savestates folder is the default, and it should be "Saves States", as it was in
the past (so it's easier to transfer files).

Talkie
Old 23 January 2010, 17:25   #56
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maren View Post
I think I've figured out the source of the NTSC-triggering problem; It happens exclusively with CE on as long as there's a hard drive image attached.
I think this exacy problem has happened previously. Some timing change ("UAE" controller is "fake", there is no hardware emulation) and KS 1.x crappy PAL/NTSC detection fails.

I am going to ignore this and add some hack when/if it still happens when it is release candidate time.

Quote:
Finally, when you create an hdf image, it's path must be specified before you can mount it, just like hdf's that already exist. Can you include an option to make this process automatic? I mean, so that the "Path" field is automatically updated with that of the hdf being created.
I guess it is possible but only if path field is empty.

Quote:
I'm just here to mention a thing that you probably all know, but when the cd audio tracks of a current level ends, WinUAE lags for a few seconds (sometimes up to 30) before starting to play the cd audio track again from the beginning. By "lag" I mean that even the animation seems to freeze, advancing frame by frame, and then wooplah!: the audio starts and all goes well. It's like it doesn't loop well the cd audio.
I didn't know because I rarely do any long tests (music ends). Does CPU% in bottom of window (use windowed mode) start climbing to very high values when it happens?

Quote:
The Savestates folder is the default, and it should be "Saves States", as it was in the past (so it's easier to transfer files).
"Works fine here". Do you have correct setting in paths panel?
Old 23 January 2010, 20:09   #57
Talkie

Yes the CPU goes way high but only for a fraction of a second.

Here is what happens:

The CPU goes to 0%, the sound is at about 165%, than the sound goes +99%, +something%, than it goes -3%, -5%, than the music appears again, and the CPU goes 845% for a very quick second while the videogame restarts (which I'm guessing means it builds up while
it shows to be 0%). The FPS was at about 41.1 during this time, now at about 26.6 during normal play.

The Savestates is not an important issue, just that the path is slated to an empty folder named savestates that I don't know the provenance. I have to "re-path" it to my other
Save States folder, and it's the first time I had to do that.

Cheers,

Talkie
Old 23 January 2010, 20:36   #58
hexaae
Bug hunter

The Extra Settings: Bilinear, Scanline etc. gadget behaves strangely (honestly can't see the difference...) and I can't switch back to a previous mode...

Last edited by hexaae; 23 January 2010 at 20:42.
Old 23 January 2010, 22:13   #59
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
The Extra Settings: Bilinear, Scanline etc. gadget behaves strangely (honestly can't see the difference...) and I can't switch back to a previous mode...
This (and some other filter weirdness) should be fixed in http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip
Old 23 January 2010, 22:30   #60
Ed Cruse

Shouldn't the extra settings show bilinear and point, I only see bilinear. Also when displaying bilinear with D3D checked, the display looks like point.

I also noticed that when using D3D all the software filters except null are way to big. The upper left corner looks correctly positioned but the screen looks like it's 2x or more in both horiz and vert. This is with autoscale on. With D3D off all filters work correctly.

This next one is a FYI, I haven't been able to reproduce reliably yet. I get WinUAE crashes when I'm testing and I'm not able to remember the steps that got me to that point, but it's not very stable. Using B5 to save the config seemed to help but I still would get crashes while changing things during testing.

I tried to make a log and catch it crashing but it wouldn't cooporate, so I'm sending my config in hopes that it will help with reproducing the other problems.

Non of the above problems happen with b4.
Attached Files
File Type: uae A3000.uae (28.4 KB, 216 views)