English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 27 March 2010, 05:38   #1
Imoen

Running cd32 I just get a black screen

I have loaded in the necessary kickstart roms, but every time I start winuae I just get a black screen. I have tried checking the config manually, but everything seems to be in order. Could anyone help me out ? I'm using the latest winuae 2.0.1. I just can't figure out what is wrong. I've done exactly what every guide I've found says, and in the newest winuae you don't even have to setup things manually, you just chose cd32 and mount the image, throw in the roms and you should be good to go right?

Also when I try to run a regular amiga game, like alien breed, I have a problem when the game is loading and I need to insert disk 2. I have asigned disk 2 in disk swapper and I'm trying to click End + 2(as is assigned to disk2) but nothing happens. I've tried to click f12 and change the floppy from disk 1 to disk 2, nothing.

This is so frustrating, I REALLY, want to play the alien breed games again.

Last edited by Imoen; 27 March 2010 at 06:19.

Old 27 March 2010, 08:25   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

CD32 issue: first check miscellaneous panel SCSI setting, it should be SPTI.

Still not working: tick log file button in miscellaneous panel, start CD32 emulation, wait 10s or so, exit emulation, attach both winuaebootlog.txt and winuaelog.txt.

Many games only accept disks in DF0: + mouse or joystick firebutton click.
Old 29 March 2010, 19:10   #3
Mequa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imoen View Post
I have loaded in the necessary kickstart roms, but every time I start winuae I just get a black screen.
I had the exact same problem with CD32 emulation, which stumped me for a while.
Are you using software to simulate a virtual CDROM drive?

This could be completely different in your case, but the problem in my case was that I had mounted more than one virtual CD drive using PowerISO, and it turned out one of the extra drives/images had a problem. This led to the emulated CD32 (which tried to detect all optical drives) refusing to get beyond a blank screen.
Disabling all virtual drives led to me able to get the CD32 boot screen - enabling just the one I needed got the "CD" (Microcosm) to boot.

P.S. How is built-in .iso support going for CD32/CDTV software?

Last edited by Mequa; 29 March 2010 at 19:23.
Old 30 March 2010, 08:30   #4
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mequa View Post
P.S. How is built-in .iso support going for CD32/CDTV software?
It's already there Check the latest beta (not sure if it was in 2.0.1 aswell).
Old 30 March 2010, 09:18   #5
Phantomz

" Running cd32 I just get a black screen "

Do you get to the intro screen? if not, are you using amiga forever roms? If so, you might be getting this if your rom.key file is missing or maybe corrupted.
Old 04 April 2010, 16:51   #6
christianlucio

Black screen: have exactly the same problem and very strange just with the latest release of WINUAE. Nothing was changed, neither roms nor configurations, it has worked so far but not with the new release 2.0.1 so you might want to check older releases.
Old 21 April 2010, 17:57   #7
Imoen

Yeah I don't get the amiga cd 32 intro with the cd spinning or something like that if memory serves. I got hold of some alien breed games for pc, but alas they don't work on a 64bit system. Guess I'll check out some older releases, thanks for the tip.