English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 08 June 2017, 08:19   #121
kolla
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafSch View Post
@matthey

You have nothing to request (the same is true for kolla), you have not given any money, you (and kolla) are not even owning vampire.
Well, what do you know about what I have given money to or not?

Btw - You are one of the AROS guys engaged in this shitstorm.

Do YOU have a Vampire card by any chance?
Old 08 June 2017, 08:48   #122
Mr.Flibble

Y'all need to watch Frozen more...

"Let it go..."
Old 08 June 2017, 09:32   #123
E-Penguin
Banana

This is why we can't have nice things
Old 08 June 2017, 09:55   #124
kolla
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Penguin View Post
This is why we can't have nice things
Nice things such as this mess?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	53364  
Old 08 June 2017, 10:28   #125
OlafSch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolla View Post
Well, what do you know about what I have given money to or not?

Btw - You are one of the AROS guys engaged in this shitstorm.

Do YOU have a Vampire card by any chance?
I am not a AROS developer

No I do not own a vampire but in opposite to you I am not talking it down, do i?
Old 08 June 2017, 10:31   #126
kolla
Banned

Quote:
I am not a AROS developer
But you for sure is an "AROS guy", and Team Apollo member as well.

Quote:
No I do not own a vampire but in opposite to you I am not talking it down, do i?
Since I have two of them, is it OK that I do? Btw - it is the Apollo Core and its creator I "talk down", not the Vampire card itself.
Ideally it should be possible to load a different core on the Vampire cards, maybe it will be possible eventually.
Old 08 June 2017, 10:42   #127
OlafSch

@matthey

did not know regarding Aros so I take it back there

my critisizm regarding how you tried to "convince" gunnar stays. You have nothing to offer to him except some vague promises what you "might" do. Very propable basic decisions were done long time ago, they are now finishing their vision step by step. It might be that your vision would have been different but he (and a small group of people) are doing the work, not you, not me, not kollar. There is even a open source core like TG68 out there, so everybody with enough skills can do something. I could not and as far as I understand it neither you nor kollar. But still you all are requesting this or that in every thread, kollar even accusing me to do a shitstorm what is funny, I must think of "if you sit in glass house you should not throw with stones" there. I think the basic problem with you and gunnar and some time ago thor and gunnar are different goals of the project and people are not really caring what the other side thinks.

Thor talked against the project how it is done because he thought it should best integrate in existing amiga hardware universe but that is not the goal, it is defining a new compatible but different platform replacing many existing extensions. Thor did not understand this so there were long partly emotional debates. You I think have the idea of a general purpose 68k core but Gunnar wants a new amiga 68k platform mainly so he does not care which requirements might be f.e. in embedded market. Am I right?

Understanding the other and accepting different goals and priorities would help certainly
Old 08 June 2017, 10:44   #128
OlafSch

Quote:
But you for sure is an "AROS guy", and Team Apollo member as well.

Since I have two of them, is it OK that I do? Btw - it is the Apollo Core and its creator I "talk down", not the Vampire card itself.
Ideally it should be possible to load a different core on the Vampire cards, maybe it will be possible eventually.
vampire cards are FPGA hardware not limitting it to apollo core

anyone with skills could create something running on it
Old 08 June 2017, 11:40   #129
wawa

Quote:
why not? it was possible with the first vampire so it should be possible with the current. you simply need to write one.
Old 08 June 2017, 12:16   #130
Locutus

Old 08 June 2017, 12:24   #131
kolla
Banned

Quote:
But still you all are requesting this or that in every thread
My issues are:
* pointless compatibility problems should be avoided, not embraced
* compatibility with existing operating systems and software should have much higher priority than utopian visions about making Amiga... eh, no... m68k great again!!11 (that one goes to Matthey too btw)
* the War on FPU and anyone who may have need for FPU, should stop. Notice how _every_ posting regarding software not working is left uncommented, or even removed, from apollo-core.com?
* The apparently existing fully working and functional 68882 softcore _should_ be made available, for two reasons - firstly, there are Vampire owners who have use for it. Secondly, it would be waste to not make it available.
* marketing should be a lot clearer about what one get - especially now with retailers shipping it.
* name calling and behaviour:
- Just because people don't agree with your CPU design choices does not justify calling them "idiots".
- Just because people find the AMMX a wasted effort does not justify calling them "idiots".
- Just because people question how the Apollo Core is superior to ARM does not make them "idiots".
- When your only argument against ARM is "it sucks!!", it does not make the Apollo Core superior.
- Letting over-enthusiastic groupies state just about _anything_, no matter how over the top bat shit crazy, rant about how insanely awesome the Apollo Core is and how awesome the future will be, while at the same time engage in name calling and mud slinging contests when skilled people (not me) who do disagree with decisions dare to speak up.
- I could go on here, but what would be the point...

Quote:
kollar even accusing me to do a shitstorm what is funny
You are participating, are you not?

Quote:
I must think of "if you sit in glass house you should not throw with stones" there.
I do NOT deny that this is a shitstorm, nor do I deny taking part in it, there is no glass house here, it's a swamp with a lot of mud.

Quote:
I think the basic problem with you and gunnar and some time ago thor and gunnar are different goals of the project and people are not really caring what the other side thinks.

Thor talked against the project how it is done because he thought it should best integrate in existing amiga hardware universe but that is not the goal, it is defining a new compatible but different platform replacing many existing extensions. Thor did not understand this so there were long partly emotional debates. You I think have the idea of a general purpose 68k core but Gunnar wants a new amiga 68k platform mainly so he does not care which requirements might be f.e. in embedded market. Am I right?
Yes, you are. THoR talked against it not just because of how it should best integrate in the amiga hardware universe, but also much more importantly, how it should best integrate with the existing software library - compatibility with existing software, compatibility with existing developers tools, compatibility with existing central operating system components.

Speaking of THoR - the above 8000 000B - which really should be an FPU related error, came after ViNCEd crashed. I have never seen ViNCEd crash before, and I have never seen something mess up a "guru" visually like that before.

As I see it, Gunnar does not really even care about Amiga, his love is for 68k and he wants to push the 68k architecture to wherever his whim brings it. What OS it ends running, or what community he ends up with doesn't really matter, what matters for him is that he can have a following who takes part in his quest for what he sees as the ultimate 68k design. Software exists merely to showcase the superiority of his design, any software that does't is pointless. He knows the Amiga community, he knows its mix of "desperate" and "gullible", and he knows he can play this.

His main argument when discussing with people is "you are an idiot"
His main argument when discussing hardware and software "not created here", is "it sucks!"
His main argument when getting technical is "I used to work for IBM designing PowerPC - so STFU!"

Quote:
Understanding the other and accepting different goals and priorities would help certainly
Yes - and I wish AmigaKit etc. good luck in explaining all this to their customers.

Last edited by kolla; 08 June 2017 at 12:40.
Old 08 June 2017, 12:49   #132
OlafSch

@kollar

you have a personal problem with gunnar obviously. I too think that he is too harsh sometimes, I did not use the word "idiot" against anyone, didn´t I? Still you are attacking me. I do not judge him by his communication but by what he delivers and that is what most people (except some including you) want to have. People buying vampires do not do it because of gunnar always being nice and politely but what the core offers. As far as I remember you request MMU, gunnar clearly stated that other things have priority. That might make the core to yourself useless but that is not necessarily true for everyone else. What software does not work except that which need compatible MMU ot FPU? There are lots of customers already who uses it and report their experience, the marketing texts of amigakit are not needed for it.
Old 08 June 2017, 13:20   #133
Mr.Flibble

Roll eyes (sarcastic)

Relevant xkcd:

Can this just stop, please?
Old 08 June 2017, 15:19   #134
gulliver
BoingBagged

This is so entertaining!

It is like everyday life:

You meet someone speaking you about the wonders of Herbalife supplements, whilst they are fat as a pig.
Then you meet some Apple fanboys saying they have the cheapest and most trendy products in the world.
Then you hear about all this Crossfit health benefits, while you see Crossfiters all covered up with kinesic tape due to injuries.
But while you are it, you can turn yourself vegan and tell all others about your moral superiority.
Or you could also drop your religion and become an Apollo Core cult member.

Old 08 June 2017, 15:36   #135
Sinphaltimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
This is so entertaining!

You meet someone speaking you about the wonders of Herbalife supplements, whilst they are fat as a pig.
Then you meet some Apple fanboys saying they have the cheapest and most trendy products in the world.
Then you hear about all this Crossfit health benefits, while you see Crossfiters all covered up with kinesic tape due to injuries.
But while you are it, you can turn yourself vegan and tell all others about your moral superiority.

You left out the popularity of autophelatio around these parts. Because that's what most if this bickering sounds like to me. Just sayin'. Observations and all.
Old 08 June 2017, 15:51   #136
supaduper

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 08 June 2017, 17:06   #137
E-Penguin
Banana

Can I just say "yay!" for AmigaKit stocking the Vampire? Is that allowed?
Old 08 June 2017, 17:30   #138
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Penguin View Post
Can I just say "yay!" for AmigaKit stocking the Vampire? Is that allowed?
No, you can't! No cheer and good vibes in this thread!
Only bile, bickering and pointless resentment over a dead platform people keep wanting to zombify
Old 08 June 2017, 19:43   #139
amigatv

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
This is so entertaining!

you forget

Old 08 June 2017, 20:01   #140
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigatv View Post
you forget

I fixed that for you: