English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. System > Coders. Scripting

Old 02 November 2022, 17:15   #1
EctoOne

Question Request DOpus4 ARexx script to copy comments

Hi, I would kindly request a script for DirOpus 4 which can copy the comment/filenote from one file to others.

I've found this command which is capable of doing that:
http://aminet.net/package/util/cli/CopyC11
But I have not found a way to do this within DirOpus, especially between the two listers.

I also found this:
http://aminet.net/package/util/dopus/DOpus4Plus

Which has a script called TwoFiles.dopus. It kinda works, but it also seems to have some issues. I wasn't able to use it on my SYS: drive for example. The other problem is that it obviously only works for two files.

DirOpus itself has a way to "copy" comments in a single lister, but that only works when the source file is above the others. I also have buttons to export/import a comment which is fine, but requires multiple steps. Select the source, export, select the targets, import.

Since I use comments a lot, it would be great to have a way to select the source in one lister, the targets in the other lister and then click a button to copy the comment.

So, if anyone can help me with this, since I really don't understand ARexx, it would be much appreciated.