English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 29 December 2010, 22:55   #21
seuden
uber cool demi god

Just used this for Flimbo's Quest, awesome stuff!!!
Old 21 July 2012, 12:33   #22
garet74

ehm...i am the only that have have a problem i think..i don't know how to use shell..i have classic workbench lite,i do all the steps of the tutorial but when i am in the shell windows i see a 4.System directory and if i write dir i see a lot of folder but i can't find the scripts folder..if i cd to one of this directory i don't know on how to return back..in workbench if i click on repackage it seems that work but says that cannot open image file,failed to insert image filem, object not found,no disk present in device file0..what i have to do?pls help
Old 21 July 2012, 13:10   #23
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

What might be clever would be a script to convert ALL your WHDloads to a single HDF??
Old 21 July 2012, 21:43   #24
rare_j
Zone Friend

Hi garet74, there's no need to bother with this stuff anymore, for a full set of whdload games to use on the xbox head over to http://www.emuxtras.net/forum/ where those guys have packaged it all up ready for download and copying over to xbox. Just make sure that you are using the latest version of winuaex which they have over there too.
Old 21 July 2012, 21:53   #25
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
Originally Posted by rare_j View Post
Hi garet74, there's no need to bother with this stuff anymore, for a full set of whdload games to use on the xbox head over to http://www.emuxtras.net/forum/ where those guys have packaged it all up ready for download and copying over to xbox. Just make sure that you are using the latest version of winuaex which they have over there too.
Where? Do we need to register on the site to see it?
Old 22 July 2012, 19:34   #26
rare_j
Zone Friend

This http://www.emuxtras.net/forum/viewto...&hilit=winuaex looks like a good place to start and yes, it looks like you need to be registered to get links to their stuff.
Old 25 July 2012, 07:24   #27
waal

Yes Methanoid, the whole whdload set is converted including Retroplay's updates. PM me there and we will see what we can do.

Rare_j, how you doing, mate ?
Is there a way that your script supports LHA ?
Or maybe I should depack and repack under AmigaOS ?
Old 25 July 2012, 09:04   #28
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
Originally Posted by waal View Post
Yes Methanoid, the whole whdload set is converted including Retroplay's updates. PM me there and we will see what we can do.
Thanks, I registered and the DL links take me to Underground Gamer or Demonoid.. I didnt need to register, just to search at favourite torrent sites!
Old 27 July 2012, 21:06   #29
garet74

tnx a lot..i have solved many of my problems and now i play a lot of game very well tnx very much for the hdf creator..i make a collection of italian games that are fantastic i have only two little question...how can i save the game settings like cpu video controller etc.. in the whd image like the game that i downloaded from emuextras that find matching configuration and ask if you want to load?and the second is:can i add tooltype to the whd game using winuaex?or i have to add all the tooltype i want and then repackage again?and then reconfigure all again..argh
Old 27 July 2012, 22:35   #30
rare_j
Zone Friend

I don't know how to save the matching configuration game settings like they did on the emuextras. Maybe waal or one of the other extras people can help out with that.

To set tooltypes, hold down a mouse button (yellow button on xbox controller) while the boot disk is loading, before the first menu pops up. This makes a different menu appear. Select 'customise whdload options' and a text box pops up where you can type custom1=1 or whatever using the on screen keyboard and select ok, then it is set. If you need to set another tooltype, select customise whdload options again and enter another. These tooltypes are not saved, so do a save state once they are entered if you like. Then 'go to main menu' and start the game.

Quote:
Is there a way that your script supports LHA ?
Hello waal, probably, maybe send me a pm with what you wantto do and i can have a look?

Last edited by prowler; 27 July 2012 at 22:58. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Old 28 July 2012, 02:01   #31
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Quote:
Yes please.

Remember this from EmuXtras ?

Quote:
I can't stress this enough !!!
Please be aware that you're asking for trouble if extracting the zip and lha files in Windows.
You will end up with broken games and corrupt files.
Always use either a real Amiga or UAE running a Workbench setup from an HDF when dealing with Amiga archives !!!!
Old 28 July 2012, 13:46   #32
garet74

tnx
Old 28 July 2012, 14:06   #33
lesta_smsc

Can't wait ... good luck all
Old 01 August 2012, 12:12   #34
waal

Quote:
Originally Posted by garet74 View Post
tnx a lot..i have solved many of my problems and now i play a lot of game very well tnx very much for the hdf creator..i make a collection of italian games that are fantastic i have only two little question...how can i save the game settings like cpu video controller etc.. in the whd image like the game that i downloaded from emuextras that find matching configuration and ask if you want to load?and the second is:can i add tooltype to the whd game using winuaex?or i have to add all the tooltype i want and then repackage again?and then reconfigure all again..argh
This concerns the settings in Winuaex. Current version contains a config database (actually a large text file) with every parameters. At the time of the release I entered every CRC of the whdload games I was using and many settings for floppy games which aren't concerned here.
So this database needs to be updated to match the whole KGWHD set. This is something I'm working on at the moment (well not really I'm on holidays right now hehe ).
In the end every game will run straight without the need to set them up.
But if you want, you can PM me and we'll see what we can do together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroplay View Post
Yes please.

Remember this from EmuXtras ?
For sure !
Old 16 August 2012, 11:45   #35
garet74

tnx for your reply waal,(happy holiday mine is finished) i look at this file,configlist.dat,it's right?but i don't know how to modify to work..how can i find the crc for my whd games?how can i modify this file to obtain a1200 4mbyte fast ram ntsc that is the option that i used with many of my games?are there a list of command that i can use with ?(sorry...my english...)
Old 26 August 2015, 03:27   #36
rsn8887

Thanks for the great work. I always wondered how to get the Whdload packs to work easily in WinUAE.

Now, creating a fully converted package where everything is already done and the user just has to copy over his whdload.key onto the .adf file comes to mind. I might be breaking a rule with this question, but has somebody gone through the conversion and uploaded such a full pack of hdf files somewhere already?

Also, has anybody tried to just copy ALL the whdload installs into a single hdf? How big does it get? Would that even work on the xbox?
Old 26 August 2015, 03:34   #37
ransom1122

I would love to see such pack as well. Obviously without the key file.
Old 12 January 2016, 21:41   #38
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Tried this again today, it works great and still easy to follow. (got updated files for xbox)

Wonder if udpate to WHDload 18.2 would be good idea for ADF boot image. (might try myself to install it )
Old 12 January 2016, 22:05   #39
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsn8887 View Post
Also, has anybody tried to just copy ALL the whdload installs into a single hdf? How big does it get? Would that even work on the xbox?
I once copied most of the WHDLoads on a single partition and it came to just under 8gb.
Old 12 January 2016, 23:21   #40
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Well, to get WHDLoad to 18.2, ADF is not going to work with current settings, because with 2 Kickstart roms, WHDLoad key file it's already over size of disk.

I created 2 ADFs, one for OCS/ECS games and other one for AGA games.