English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 18 April 2008, 21:25   #21
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

@DJBase

Morons, eh?

You were warned about the unauthorised use of images owned by an Amibay admin on your website, and you also chose to use the Amibay name in an e-mail address for yourself without asking permission from the site Administrators.

I am Head Moderator, part time Admin and a co-owner of the site and you chose to be arrogant, ignore us and became abusive via PM, in response to a series of perfectly reasonable requests to remove off-site links from your signature.

This was correctly escalated by a Moderator to the site Admins for action and you were abusive in response to a final warning ultimatum from a site Admin, how else did you expect to be treated?

In short, you didn't read, and flagrantly breached, our site rules.

From what we know about you, you attract complaints like the proverbial attracts flies......

Now who's the moron?

Enough said on the matter, I suppose you thought we wouldn't get wind of this post on here for a while, guess again.

Merlin
Head Moderator
Amibay

PS - where next? I can follow you all night......and if I don't, another Admin will....
Old 18 April 2008, 21:29   #22
DJBase
Amiga is my Religion

No, I didn't anything wrong. YOU guys were starting to annoy me on the first day I went there. Others have links in their signature too but I am the one who is not allowed. I was the one who got a warning. You don't liked my signature, you don't liked my avatar, you don't liked my email address. Are you nuts?

Go grab some tea and leave me alone.

Oh, btw, you also don't understand what I wrote. My account is still there but I said 'delete my account'. Too hard to understand this sentence?
Old 19 April 2008, 02:58   #23
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@DJBase

I am glad i can count on your support (hey my own mother says worse ), indeed, its very touching to have the community as a whole with us in support.

My hope is that AmiBay can pay you all back for that which you have given us!

AmiBay is a great way to trade within the community, with simple practices to make sure that each one of us is safe in our trading. We do out best to stop those that would abuse our members.

Theres nothing wrong with a differing opinion, and I would like to say that i am sorry you feel the way that you do about Amibay, but i honestly dont.

I have read all the correspondence that has transpired, and indeed, I really don't say this lightly you deserve the ban that you have received. I wont disseminate here as there is no need.

Unfortunately you are convinced and will not take any of the things people have asked you on board, at least in this respect you have my sympathy. I do hope you take this time to grow a little and i also hope that in this you can understand why, when this is the case AmiBay will be ready for you.
Old 19 April 2008, 03:19   #24
DJBase
Amiga is my Religion

No thanks, not under that management. Someone says textlink (non-clickable) is ok (like other members did there too), the other says its not and gives me a 24h deadline in an aggressiv PM. Then this stupid thing with the email address. It is like to be in a kindergarten. Do you really think I will ever come back? Sorry, Amibay failed for me.

And Amibay is still storing my username and email address without permission even if I said several times to delete my account.
Old 19 April 2008, 06:14   #25
coze
hastala vista winny vista

Send a message via ICQ to coze Send a message via Yahoo to coze
While I really like and support amibay as an idea, I also have to add that I see some problems with moderation. Some mods are too jumpy, and take things too seriously. A little bit relaxed attitude will help things a lot, since nobody at our age likes being treated like a kindergarden kid. This I don't say just with DJBase's case, but other incidents I've observed there, and I hope it will help to improve things over at amibay.
Old 19 April 2008, 09:30   #26
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

I would have to agree with coze, Getting a warning for having amibay in your email address is extreme. If he was setting up an email address for just amibay usage and has his own domain name why couldn't he have amibay@djbase.com or something? And a warning for having a link in his signature also seems really really extreme. Good moderation is invisible moderation imo.
Old 19 April 2008, 14:42   #27
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@All

I will say that the email address isn't even half of issues here, but this is not something i really should get into here or anywhere really. If DJBase wants to play the Hard Done By me card thats fine. I can pretty much guarantee that if i was to disseminate the reasons here, (which is not my place to do) you would all understand why he was banned.

Its a shame that DJBase believes that AmiBay is not for him, I have hoped that when his temper had calmed down and realized the issues this would of been a moote point. instead of spamming every Amiga Community Forum with his HURT feelings.

Personally i have nothing against DJBase, infact from my consult and discussions here I have found him a nice chap to chat with, however, this is not so for the staff whom were trying to help on AmiBay.

Its always hard and quite damming when staff have to make a decision of banning a member, it is always seen as bad moderation, when there was little choice left to do.
Old 19 April 2008, 14:59   #28
DJBase
Amiga is my Religion

What? Didn't you read my posts? There were 3 issues (email, avatar, signature). They don't liked anything even if other members there did the same.

I said they should delete my account after they send me a warning about my email address I used on Amibay:

They don't understand me and did just a ban.
Old 19 April 2008, 15:11   #29
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@DJBase

I know for fact that you dont want all this brought up in public forums, YOU know there is a lot more than just a last minute message and BAN, this forum is not the place to dissucss or disseminate such information,

It not for AmiBay that i say this, because as AmiDev i keep an eye on how things develop, I consider myself VERY lucky to be part of a great passionate team. If you really wish to have an open discussion about it, then contact Merlin, and he will sort that out. but trying to rally people to your cause by spamming Forum sites is not the way. and please be cautious, when people find out the crap you have been pulling i doubt you will have that many friends left in the community less any supporters.

I fail to see why you want to turn this thread into a "AmiBay hating thread" just because you ignored the rules, constant requests, and insulting Amibay staff when asked to comply to the VERY SIMPLE RULES time and time again. infact. if you continue with this.. i will request this thread locked and you can go piss and moan on another Forums Board, not EAB i love it too much.
Old 19 April 2008, 15:47   #30
DJBase
Amiga is my Religion

I know, it was a personal attack not because I only ignored the rules (or why does other users are allowed to have links in signatures and I was not?). They don't like me thats why they kicked me. Thats the real story.

Last edited by DJBase; 19 April 2008 at 18:07.
Old 20 April 2008, 01:54   #31
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@DJBase

do you honestly think i would allow that to happen ? does anyone else here thing i would allow something so drastically unfair ?

I am many things... but that is not one of them!

but clearly you are convinced and nothing i say will sway your conviction.

you got banned

the world still turns

just move on..
Old 20 April 2008, 15:26   #32
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

Your attitude towards us was the main reason you were banned, the rules issue was secondary, no-one should be abused on a forum, be it a member, Moderator or Administrator. You are not the first to be banned from Amibay for such behaviour.

I would remind you, it takes two to have an argument.......
Old 20 April 2008, 22:58   #33
DJBase
Amiga is my Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Your attitude towards us was the main reason you were banned, the rules issue was secondary, no-one should be abused on a forum, be it a member, Moderator or Administrator. You are not the first to be banned from Amibay for such behaviour.
Oh, now it was secondary and I abused members at Amibay? Its getting better and better every time.

And I still wonder why I am banned if asked to delete my account. No need to ban, I won't come back.
Old 21 April 2008, 09:46   #34
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

@ DJBase

Not deleting your account wasn't any sort of personal dig at you at all, it's site policy at the moment that we don't delete members following a recent software upgrade. We haven't deleted any accounts since we started the project last December.

I raised the point of deleting spammer, pr0n poster and zero poster accounts some time back with the Admin team and it was decided that we would wait until after we had upgraded the forum to version 3 of phpBB.

We are currently in a test period following the recent upgrade, most things are working as intended, however, we still have a few bugs to iron out.

At the appropriate time, your account will be deleted as per your request, along with all of the other dormant accounts that are currently suspended.

Regards

Merlin
Old 05 November 2009, 12:51   #35
DH
Global Moderator

Well I'm darned, I thought Zetr0 or another part of the team would of informed everybody on EAB that Amibay is migrating to VBulletin
Quote:
Amibay is currently being migrated to vBulletin
Congrats chaps, hope everything works out fine
Old 05 November 2009, 13:07   #36
seuden
uber cool demi god

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonHellraiser View Post
Well I'm darned, I thought Zetr0 or another part of the team would of informed everybody on EAB that Amibay is migrating to VBulletin

Congrats chaps, hope everything works out fine
Hmm, I wonder why VB and not phpBB?
Old 05 November 2009, 13:19   #37
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

Whilst phpBB is perfectly OK for a simple forum, there are add-ons that we have put onto AmiBay to fit the trading side of things that have created some issues and instabilities in the phpBB template. phpBB's not as configurable or as stable as VBulletin and we feel that the extra support and software upgrades that come with the VB licence are worth having. We had some major issues in recent months with e-mail and PM going South on the site and it was a nightmare to sort out.

As far as I know, the board will restart on VBulletin 3.8 and we will upgrade to v4 on it's release, as we have paid for a v4 licence.
Old 05 November 2009, 13:28   #38
DH
Global Moderator

Any ideas how long Amibay will be down?

Updates regarding how well the migration is going would be nice too
Old 05 November 2009, 13:52   #39
meega

Two weeks?

Old 05 November 2009, 13:53   #40
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

shouldn't be any longer than 24 hours