English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 15 February 2018, 00:45   #101
eXeler0

Wow, this could become a modern classic
Old 16 February 2018, 19:53   #102
Amiga1992

Man, just by PURE DAMN LUCK I found out there was a demo of RESHOOT R in Earok's xmas 2017 CD.

As we said before, Richard, you should communicate more of what goes on with Reshoot R here if you want us to notice! I see no mention of such demo being in that disc in this thread. Not everyone reads every thread, either.

So yeah, everyone, grab Reshoot R's demo here:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=90038

That post itself got ONLY 4 replies! I am surprised. But there earok even confesses to having shared it in FB and forgot to put it here.

People, not everyone has Facebook, and it's a despicable platform.I know it's "convenient" to just post there, but please, make an effort to post information in Amiga boards too. We all want to know, and places liek EAB are THE best places to post Amiga news, despite what Facebook tries to convince you of!

I'm off to play this demo now!

[edit] WOW ! That was freaking amazing! Can't wait to see how this evolves!! I love all the little details, and the graphics are gorgeous. Great work Richard.
Am I crazy or did you implement some type of grazing against certain elements?

Last edited by Amiga1992; 16 February 2018 at 20:02.
Old 16 February 2018, 22:07   #103
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
That post itself got ONLY 4 replies! I am surprised. But there earok even confesses to having shared it in FB and forgot to put it here.
Well, since earok renounced his EAB "moderation" status over a "mix-up" regarding Neil79 (which we publically apologised for), and is now suddenly a super "Amiga Facebook" moderator

...it's really no surprise that he forgets to post stuff in his root forum

Anyway, guess people will go where there are most views; can't blame them at the end of the day...
Old 16 February 2018, 22:54   #104
Amiga1992

No, I disagree, we're a niche scene, and we should not rely in a corporation to communicate. But I don't want to turn this into an argument of how shitty Facebook is, nor any other kind of drama.

I just think that as Amiga-centric sites, places like Abime, Amiga.org, Amiga Love, LemonAmiga, etc., deserve -first dibs- on any and all news regarding Amiga stuff.
Old 17 February 2018, 00:27   #105
invent
pixels

Please also go to Richard's Patreon site and view the post tab https://www.patreon.com/loewenstein/posts

You may also see some content on my blog http://amigaonex.blogspot.com.au/ (I will try to post some things that you don't see elsewhere on that. I am also saving some content for a making of (eg PDF) so you will get to see the evolution of the game, and a lot of graphics that we changed for example.
Old 17 February 2018, 00:46   #106
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
No, I disagree, we're a niche scene, and we should not rely in a corporation to communicate. But I don't want to turn this into an argument of how shitty Facebook is, nor any other kind of drama.

I just think that as Amiga-centric sites, places like Abime, Amiga.org, Amiga Love, LemonAmiga, etc., deserve -first dibs- on any and all news regarding Amiga stuff.
What are you disagreeing with; this comment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Anyway, guess people will go where there are most views; can't blame them at the end of the day...
...and I totally agree with everything you've said Akira

The whole point of my post is that it's sad that some people turn to the darkside i.e. Fakebook instead of forgetting about / posting on "real" Amiga forums that keep the Amiga scene alive.

*** sorry for the off topic Richard; it ends with this post ***
Old 17 February 2018, 01:03   #107
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by invent View Post
Please also go to Richard's Patreon site and view the post tab https://www.patreon.com/loewenstein/posts
We've discussed Patreon, also meant for his patrons, and again, I will say I don't think it is the right way to show interest in an Amiga game development.

Sure, call me lazy, for not going to the single point of contact with absolutely every project I am interested in. But that is why I think it is important for project makers to post news in the right places.
I mean unless it is Patreon-exclusive content we're talking about, going to Patreon for public news makes absolutely no sense.
Regarding that ink, it's postmarked FEbruary 15th, so that also comes at a much later time than the game demo was actually released to the public.
I know this kinda work is a pain in the ass, but someone gotta do it.

I also say these things because I often have seen Richard disappointed with reactions to what he is doing. I think a lot of us are very interested, it's just that we're not getting info on it as much as we could. Also Richard doens't seem interested in creating a pre-order for his game, so those of us who want to support economically but don't want to do Patreon or other nonsense, are here on the sidelines, waiting.

Again I am mentioning all this because I want to help out, this game looks absolutely amazing and I want it to do good. Look at the Alarcity thread, I also over there voice my worry about great games like that or this not receiving as much attention as they should. In the end feels like the games that bust balls more often and in more places are the ones that get support, but are not necessarily the best ones, and I hope that changes.
Old 17 February 2018, 01:11   #108
invent
pixels

Thanks Akira, well EAB forum to me is certainly my favourite forum to post in
Old 17 February 2018, 06:42   #109
buzzybee

Quote:
I know this kinda work is a pain in the ass
Not exactly a pain in the ass; in fact I sometimes enjoy posting stuff related to RESHOOT R. Posting stuff is one of the main reasons why people develop homebrew; because when they talk about it, they get comments and feedback which (hopefully) makes their life happier.

It´s just taking a lot of time to post stuff and take care of the community, as does developing a game. Doing all this when you also have a job and especially a family (!) is hard to balance. I decided to concentrate those tiny bits of spare-time I have, to spend on developing RESHOOT R rather than talking about it. It´s my decision, because I´m result oriented. I envision RESHOOT R as a game which is going to be goodlooking and entertaining, even when people play it without wearing pink-tinted retro-glasses.

Other developers may decide otherwise, and maybe get more recognition for games which may then never see the light of day. Having said that, I feel RESHOOT R gets some recognition already, in Germany at least. Don´t know about other countries. It would be an honour to see RESHOOT or RESHOOT R mentioned in UK-based Retro Gamer, but those guys unfortunately never answered one of my emails or facebook-posts.
Old 19 February 2018, 01:04   #110
Gorf

Looks really amazing!
Consider this message as a preorder of the finished game.
Do I need to say more? ;-)
Old 19 February 2018, 04:36   #111
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

@buzzybee
Try to get in touch with Dan of the retro hour podcast, i think will be very interested
Old 19 February 2018, 11:22   #112
spudje

Or try Kim Justice, he's does some freelance writing for Retro Gamer I belief.
Old 19 February 2018, 23:16   #113
eXeler0

AFAIK, Modern Vintage Gamer has gained quite few followers on YouTube in the last year or so... 32k and counting.
I'm guessing he'd love to play a demo/beta of Reshoot R, I think most of the stuff he didnt like about the prequel have been fixed. ;-)
Old 19 February 2018, 23:23   #114
buzzybee

Thanks guys for your contact suggesions, appreciate very much!
Old 19 February 2018, 23:44   #115
DamienD
Banned

Also try contacting AmigaBill; his streaming Amiga shows are quite popular plus I'm sure he'd love to showcase your new game
Old 15 May 2018, 11:36   #116
buzzybee

RESHOOT R news about autotargeting bullets heading directly towards your direction ... accompanied by a new screenshot. Just click here! :-)
Old 15 May 2018, 14:44   #117
Gzegzolka

Cool, that is great feature in that kind of games.
Old 15 May 2018, 17:27   #118
Amiga1992

"Curved bullets" Sounds like a gameplay nightmare though! Any examples of shmups that use a similar type of bullet?
Looking forward to see this in action.
Old 15 May 2018, 22:39   #119
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

I think he means this for player seeking bullets (i.e. bullets/missiles that follow the player). Plenty examples for these.
Old 16 May 2018, 01:53   #120
buzzybee

Sorry for any misunderstanding. What I meant is: The bullets heading towards the player sometimes form to swarms / waves, which just look kind of nice. :-)