English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 15 November 2006, 13:56   #21
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarEye
Quick question. Will the Catweasel let me play any games, even PC games, with the amiga joystick connected to the Catweasel?
No. Another driver limitation. CW is great hardware but driver support is crappy.
Old 15 November 2006, 19:49   #22
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Heys StarEye,

you can buy USB competition pros on AmigaKit.co.uk or if its an old dos game there is a mod on aminet to convert an old PC Gameport device to 9pin atari/amiga port for use. there are drivers there too... have a search

but if your running 98/dosbox you should be able to get away with usb ones (wich are great as i have two of them!!!)
Old 16 November 2006, 17:45   #23
Photon

Well, stainy says it works fine with the new drivers and no one has protested, so I guess I'll be stuffing my own xmas stocking with this one. Will be a sweet two weeks
Old 19 November 2006, 23:41   #24
Magno Boots
Zone Friend

My Catweasel4 works a treat.

Last edited by Magno Boots; 20 November 2006 at 22:00.
Old 20 November 2006, 00:39   #25
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
eh ? they use standard floppy cables..
neh comprendez!
Old 02 December 2006, 22:08   #26
Schoenfeld

Thumbs up new drivers for Catweasel

Hi there,

one customer told me that there is "tons of people" on EAB who have problems with the Catweasel. After I told him to send these people to me, there was no reply, but it seems like the reputation of my controller is not the very best here.

Let me tell you that I need more feedback from you. I've had only one customer who was willing to work with me on the "write Amiga disk bug", and that's really problematic if I can't reproduce the fault on our test machines.

I have published a new driver now that should resolve all writing problems. We found that some PC disk drives cannot handle DD disks any more, and I also found a possibility to write DD disks with them anyway (cannot be verified properly, but they can mostly be read with a real Amiga).

It's important to use DD disks, or at least put a scotch tape over the HD-hole of an HD-disk. Make sure your disk drive is capable of accessing DD disks. There should be three switches behind the slot where you insert the disk: One for "disk present" (AKA disk_change), another for the write protect slider, and the third for the HD-hole. The latter changes the read-sensitivity of the electronics, and it also changes the write current, so the workaround for HD-only drives that the new driver contains is not a clean solution. Your best solution is to have a real dual-mode drive!

Please report back if the new driver solves your problems, or if you have problems that you feel should be addressed in the next release. Don't only post them in this forum, but also eMail them to me! Go to the web page www.ami.ga and click on "eMail", that form goes directly past my spamfilter, so it cannot be lost.

If you only post in this forum, I will most probably miss it. Please don't expect me to read each and every forum on this planet to collect bugreports.

thanks,
Jens Schönfeld

Old 03 December 2006, 01:05   #27
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
Just gave the readme`s a read, nice going on trying to track down the write disks bug.. I, for one was plagued with this... need to check my drive.. might invest in one of these teac drives.... or can I use an Amiga drive??

Thanks Jens
Old 04 December 2006, 21:29   #28
Jope
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainy
need to check my drive.. might invest in one of these teac drives.... or can I use an Amiga drive??
Just go to any used computer parts store and pick up an old PC HD drive, should work without problems.

The "no HD detector" problem might appear if you go and buy a brand spanking new one.