English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 01 February 2006, 10:40   #1
dir_marillion
Randy Rhoads

Floppy disk Winner IDE

Hello,
Does anybody knows what driver I need (and where I can find it) for this version of Winner IDE adaptor (http://bboah.claunia.com/winneride.html) for A1200, to do my Amiga 1200 work with it's advanced capabilities and the higher transfer rates? For the moment it is working into my machine but still at PIO-0 (the Amiga's original hard disk transfer speed).

Thanks
Old 01 February 2006, 10:46   #2
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
That adaptor does only support pio-0. DOwnload IDE-Fix drivers for that adaptor.
Old 01 February 2006, 12:03   #3
dir_marillion
Randy Rhoads

Floppy disk

Are you sure about that ?

I have the "manual" (two A4 pages including the photo of the card - explaining howto connect the cables... etc) that says that the maximum transfer-rate of this card approaches 16MB/sec and supports ATA (with the driver installed).

For the moment, I have made my benchmarks with Sysinfo (without it's specific drivers) with an internal 4GB IDE 2.5" IBM travelstar and I noticed that the speed it's the same, in both cases with and without IDEFix drivers (downloaded from Aminet).

Perhaps you are right but as I know, later versions from Elbox, of the Winner IDE, already have a driver that is commercial.

In this thread I am asking If someone has bought this old version of Winner IDE card and received the Driver Disk (if exists) or If someone knows where I can find this driver. In my "manual" there is not any reference for IDEFix.

Thanks
Old 01 February 2006, 12:24   #4
AMIGAZ
Amiga-Mad

Send a message via ICQ to AMIGAZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by dir_marillion

I have the "manual" (two A4 pages including the photo of the card - explaining howto connect the cables... etc) that says that the maximum transfer-rate of this card approaches 16MB/sec and supports ATA (with the driver installed).

For the moment, I have made my benchmarks with Sysinfo (without it's specific drivers) with an internal 4GB IDE 2.5" IBM travelstar and I noticed that the speed it's the same, in both cases with and without IDEFix drivers (downloaded from Aminet).

Perhaps you are right but as I know, later versions from Elbox, of the Winner IDE, already have a driver that is commercial.

In this thread I am asking If someone has bought this old version of Winner IDE card and received the Driver Disk (if exists) or If someone knows where I can find this driver. In my "manual" there is not any reference for IDEFix.

Thanks
I think you're refering to the Fast ATA adapter aka Power Flyer, this is theplain IDEFix IDE adapter
Old 01 February 2006, 12:43   #5
dir_marillion
Randy Rhoads

Please take a look at the page I've pasted above. This is the Winner IDE I have.

Last edited by dir_marillion; 18 December 2007 at 13:18.
Old 01 February 2006, 12:53   #6
AMIGAZ
Amiga-Mad

Send a message via ICQ to AMIGAZ
Quote:
Please take a look at the page I've pasted above. This is the Winner IDE I have.

Sylvester

You only need to install IDEFix and you won't get any huge transfer speeds, expect 3mb/s or something like that
Old 01 February 2006, 13:51   #7
keropi

yep, this is not a FastATA... that's a plain ide4x interface, perhaps it has some cache but nothing more... it only needs idefix'97 installed, perhaps you can get 2.5-4MB/sec with that...
Old 02 February 2006, 02:27   #8
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Quote:

Thanks
Well either you have the wrong manual or the pictures in the manual are totaly different to the one you posted. Surly you checked if your hardware does match the image you posted ?!?!? if it does it just needs ide-fix. idefix may not give you much of a speed boost, but it will enable the second ide channel.
Old 02 February 2006, 12:07   #9
lopos2000
Zone Friend

Here is another link that might give you some more info.
Buffered IDE Interface
Old 03 February 2006, 12:46   #10
dir_marillion
Randy Rhoads

Thank you very much for your info. Probably this adapter created for giving 4 safe IDE 3.5" devices, via the internal 2.5" ide connection of the Amiga

Last edited by dir_marillion; 18 December 2007 at 13:18.
Old 06 February 2006, 14:49   #11
Jope
-

Moved the rest of the discussion to off topic:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=21837

And yes, this is a buffered interface, no speed increase but you can use longer IDE cables without fear of blowing up your IDE controller.